What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow chronicles; Pics and comments

Muad' Dib

Hi mates, I start this thread to show and share my grow experiences and also to comment about strains and other grow issues.

I expect that you like it, your opinions and the constructive criticism will be welcomed and appreciated.

Please, feel free to participate on this thread.

Good vibes.

Muad' Dib

I would like to have a good start so... Harvest time.

I,ve been flushing some ladies since 12 days ago, I was pretty sure to harvest them but in the last moment, as always, I'm thinking that maybe is better wait a few days, perhaps on saturday or sunday.

On this one amber is less than 50%.

Lilly 52 days

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The smell is pure pineapple chewy candy or kind of "piña colada" cocktail, I'm very happy about that.

I've seen and already grow some other phenos and all of them are really goods and similar with very little few diffrences but this one is by far my favourite. I prefer this one because the smell is so strong and in addition she's a bit fast.

Last edited:

Muad' Dib

For sure I'm going to harvest these 3 girls.

Nebula 68 days

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This is an old cut called 98'. Sweet aroma and incredible dense hard buds as well resinous.

Good vibes.

Last edited:

Muad' Dib

Still harvesting. Manicureing is definetly a hard job!!

Grapefruit x Trainwreck 70 days

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

It's my first date with this lady so, I'm very excited about. The smell is strong/medium intense, kind of spicy citrus.

Muad' Dib

I meet this girl years ago, a french friend give me the clone so... It's not our first date and I must to say that we had better times. This round I give to her too much stress and little attentions. I'm not going to harvest she yet, just to show.

Malawi 70 Days

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Doesn't smell a lot, low aroma but complex. She's electric when smoke, a very strong psichodelic high... Taste is weird and also complex but good, a bit sweet and spicy at the same time, I'd say nutmeg, wood and a touch of lime.

Muad' Dib

Indoor issues

Indoor issues

Last run I put in the indoor too large plants, too much veg time... So I've had to extend the grow surface in order to give a bit of space to the plants.

Now there are some plants that are not under directly lights so I'm thinking that probably it would be good to put a supplementary light until the end of the flo.

picture.php

Maybe I can use this space later on doing a selection of seeds and testing the crosses that 'm going to realize with them.

Good vibes

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
I'm really into that Malawi and that GF X TW. Everything looks very nice. Could you shed some light on your growing style? I noticed you mentioned flushing. Nice work. :)

Muad' Dib

Hey 3rdEye, thank you for stopping here, welcome!!

About my growing style I'd describe it as an organised chaos... I mean that I'm not a methodical grower, just sometimes I like to inprove and others I take it as a routine only doing what is necessary.

My flower room is about 2'5 x 3 meters and around half the space is for the plants under 2 x 600 HPS. Now I'm thinking in a supplementary light because I,ve had to put in a new tray.

I use to grow on organic soil in 7/10l pots. If I have time (and inspiration) I do my own mixing peat, coco, perlite, worm humus, guano, etc... But if not, I buy prepared for gardening and adding some things.

I used to feed them with many different products but I prefer organics. This time I'm using mineral GHE Flora Series + booster shots + some tea, that's because I'm flushing them thoroughly since 10 - 15 days before chop time. Anyways I'm not keeping in mind the apliccation carts but my own way.

Right now I'm installing a "panic room"!! ... Just a little tent placed in a corner of the veg zone only to flo the males. I'll take some pics to post here soon.

Best vibes

Muad' Dib

This hairy girl came to me by a dutch friend sometime ago. She takes more or less 75 - 80 days to be ready. I like to smoke her because is different and has a good high but is not an herb for anytime.

Cinderella 99 x Neville Haze 72 days

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The most noticiable aroma is sweet onion an vegetables but for sure she come from a pineapple C99 pheno mother because the smell is there in the background.

Flavours are completely differents than smells... When you smoke it you can taste a kind of sweet inciense and rotten fruits or vegetables, dense and lasting. That's because I smoke her very occasionally, she can saturate easily.

At the end I'm happy with her, furthermore she is going to gift me an extra superbud in a leaf, it's not the first time... She pays attention to details.

picture.php

Vibes

Philosof

Do you add PK closer to an end of cycle? Looks like they had a shortage of phosphorus in the middle or flowering and closer to an end potassium + Mg would benefit density and weight as it look too light. But in any case the strain should be great! =)

Muad' Dib

Hey Philosof, thanks for passing over here. Yes , you are right , she had some shortage, not only PK at the end of flo but overall Ca-Mg because I'm using a very light soil.

This run I've been mistaken growing the sativas, happens me the same with Malawi, Purple Haze Thai and many others... So I think that it can be a good exercise to revise all the mistakes as self-criticism in order that it does not return to happen.

On the first place, I've using mineral feed (GHE) on this run and at the middle of the flo I go wrong because I was feeding them so much, almost to the point of burning them. Then I was scared because the chemical flavors could remain there in residual form and I begun to flush them many days before chop time.

For the second place, using this soil (a not really good commercial one) I already knew that they need a trasplant at 50 days or so, at least some micronutrient + Ca-Mg shots but I didn't. Let's blame to the universal energy but the reality is a bit of carelessness.

3rd... Stress. Rightly in the first third of this cycle I moved my indoor to another better place, not far from the first one but they have had a bit of stress of all kinds, lights, temperature variations, etc.

The conclusion is that mineral feed works to me better in coco and hydro but not on soil, because if I go a bit wrong dosing the nutrients it burn my plants and leaves many residues in mineral salt form on the supersaturated soil. So, when I managed to recover them the flo was very advanced.

So... I'm going to come back into organics.

Muad' Dib

Hey Meison, THX for visit the thread. I've never grow her from seeds, just this 98' clone. Nothing outstanding on her except the hard compact buds. The flavour is pretty sweet, like fruity honey, maybe a bit cloying.

Nice yield, frosty buds and 65 days flowering until harvest time (not so much)... So Nebula is not a bad plant in my opinion.

Vibes.

Last edited:

Muad' Dib

Still chopping. This girl might wait a couple of days or three more, but I need space.

Tangerine Dream 70 days.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

It's the first time I grow her, still don't know if she will be part of my harem.

Smell is sweet citrus and remind me a bit to soma NYCD but less intensity.

Vibes.

Muad' Dib

Lilly looks very pretty.

Hey Bmac1, thanks. Glad to see you here. Lilly is a great plant and also delicious. The aroma is so intense, pure pineapple chewy candy. I would recommend to everyone this strain.

Here some dried buds:

Lilly

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Vibes.

Last edited:

Muad' Dib

I'm flowering some males in the panic room. At the moment there are from left to the right:

Blueberry (Dj Short), Punta Roja (BSC) and Purple Haze x Thai (ACE).

picture.php

I'm going to collect the pollen on this invention, hope it works.

picture.php

Vibes.

smokeee

Very nice grows! Been wanting to try a Neville Haze.

What's your opinion on the Tangerine Dream? I was thinking of trying that or Liberty Haze on my next run.

Good luck with the pollen collection.
I wonder if an electrostatic charge could be used to collect pollen somehow. Or maybe use an electric current to force pollen to drop.

Muad' Dib

Hey smokeee, Thanks for your visit. Tangerine Dream had supposedly a 25% of Neville Haze "G-13 x (G-13 x NH)", but I didn't notice it.

She cames to me in clone form by a friend so I don't have any experience growing her from seeds, maybe there are more phenotypes.

So I don't have a well founded opinion about her, not yet, because it's the first time I grow this strain. I've chopped her last saturday.

I'd say she's easy to grow. Smell is a bit citrus and sweet, not very intense. The good thing is that she's well frosty and had a good yield. The bad, nothing except she doesn't has any special or distinctive aroma.

My feeling is that I'm not going to keep her in my harem, not a bad plant but not my favourite kind. The smoke test will decide.

I'll post here some dried buds pics in a few days.

Good vibes.