What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busted In Maine

Stinkymutt

Well no reason to hide where I am now and the title says it all. I was busted Fri. night . Not sure how much weight I had as it was not weighed , it was still on the stem and un trimmed but dried. Im guesing about 4 -5 pounds with stem maybe 3-4 . Problem is they watched me for 4 years before busting me and now they are counting all the plants from the past as evidence. They got me on camera and my truck with plate number . They took my truck but I got that back today . I have one prior possession charge on my record and they are considering that as offense #1 and this as #2 . I dont know what is going to happen at all and Im trying to get a lawyer just the ones Ive talked to have been way out of budget . So i guess Im looking to see who may have had experience in maine and how things went as far as court goes . This is a class C felony charge it says on summons . They did not arrest me yet and Im hoping they dont. They are just pissed right now cause I wont give up my partner . So if anybody here has had experience in Maine please give some input. Im not crying a boohoo song or poor me at all just confused as to what going to happen.
peace
mutt

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
2 of my buds got charged with class C felony. 1 did 14 days $500 fine and the other did no jail time and $1000 fine. I got a class B but luckily there search warrant was deemed unconstitutional. Keep your head up bro, fight the shit tooth and nail cuz if you plead guilty to felony you can never get your caregiver license in this state. good luck bro

chidoctor

sorry bro. 4 years they had a scope on you and they still need your help to fuck your friend? seems funny to me but my mind would be racing. they got you doing outdoor it sounds like. wish i could help you but dont know anything about lawers or maine

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Best of luck man...Don't know what to say, but yeah try to avoid that felony charge. Sending positive vibes your way brother.
Guess life handed you your lemon. I've been handed a few myself.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Lawyers always try to reduced charges and the system works with them ..so a c class felony will get dropped down to a misdemeanor charge ..if they didn't keep ur truck for evidence or ask for a bail amount ..ur in decent standing in a NY STATE of court ..I'm not sure how Maine is

Also lawyers will kno what kind of time or outcome u face once they get ur charges so they kind of already kno the outcome already or the best scenario and they will charge according to that

U need a lawyer tho ..I'm lost as to how they've been watching u for 4 yrs but doesn't kno who ur partner is ..I think there just using scare tactics ..if I could make a prediction I would say this drags out for 6 months the most and gets dissmissed with a fine or worst case scenario small amount of jail time under 30 days

Good luck on everything ..make some lemonade out of those lemons lol

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Damn my friend I truly hate to read this. Ain't no fun when da popo cum.
Watching 4 years. Did they say how they got onto ya? Odd as hell they'd wait that long. Maybe they figured you were the Al Capone of Maine eh? Glad you got your truck back.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
that 4 years story sounds highly suspect. probably just a bluff, they want you to think they know more then they do. oldest game in their book. i wonder how they got the idea you have a partner? lol you running a massive gig? or again maybe they are just fishing and bluffing? hope it goes well, or as well as possible for you.

W

willyweed

they watched ya for 4 years, and wonder why the country has got no money? what a total waste of taxpayers money and wasted resources ,how can the police justify this course of action? and you can never spend too much money on a good lawyer ! (some dogs bark louder than others)

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i doubt that any of the four year shit is true... he wasnt big enough.. they are sweating him to roll over on his partner... and to prove his plant numbers they would have to have EVERY POT he dumped in evidence to prove his plant count... i call bs...

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no way they watched for 4 years and dont make an arrest. wont happen. watch what you say and make sure no one will give you up if they are located. best of luck.

qupee

I agree with most. They are trying to scare you with lies. Keep your mouth shut. Search hard for a good, affordable lawyer (they are definitely out there). Sounds like Maine isn't too harsh that's good. Stay tough you can come out the other side just fine don't worry. I know that feel bro. :)

B

BrnCow

Might quietly transfer the truck into someone else's name and if they ask tell them you sold it for lawyer money. Make sure it is someone legit. That may stop them from trying to confiscate it. Or get a loan on it for a lawyer so it has a big lien on it. They won't pay it off to get it unless it is a small amount. Even if you get a big loan and bank part of it and just use what you need for a lawyer. Big numbers scare them off.
The lawyer can save you time on probation, get the charges dropped or lessened, get the fine reduced, and may call bullshit if they are lying to you. They can legally lie...you can't so shut up...and any thing they give you is likely bs also...they don't know if you have a pardner or not so shut up about that shit to everyone. Likely one of your friends is either a snitch or talking out his/her ass to a snitch. Maybe they are a dumbass or they are in it too. So back off everyone around you except old known friends. See who else gets it in your group and who they were hanging with.
or even the landlord could have snuck in and reported you...lots of questions and few true answers in this game...who were you with in the last month/week/day? Piss anyone off? Make the girl mad? The lawyer is like $3500 around here but it is worth it. I would rather pay the lawyer than the man...good luck...what did you post here also? Might have run up your leg...

S

SeaMaiden

Let the public defender do their job, at least at the beginning. Let them at least get to discovery, otherwise a qualified metric shit-ton of money will go towards that kind of BS that doesn't actually get *you* anything. During that time, beg, borrow, save and sell, so you can get a retainer together for a private attorney if you feel the PD isn't going to do you well. I advise going local if possible.

Once you get discovery, then you know what's up.

Might quietly transfer the truck into someone else's name and if they ask tell them you sold it for lawyer money. Make sure it is someone legit. That may stop them from trying to confiscate it. Or get a loan on it for a lawyer so it has a big lien on it. They won't pay it off to get it unless it is a small amount. Even if you get a big loan and bank part of it and just use what you need for a lawyer. Big numbers scare them off.
The lawyer can save you time on probation, get the charges dropped or lessened, get the fine reduced, and may call bullshit if they are lying to you. They can legally lie...you can't so shut up...and any thing they give you is likely bs also...they don't know if you have a pardner or not so shut up about that shit to everyone. Likely one of your friends is either a snitch or talking out his/her ass to a snitch. Maybe they are a dumbass or they are in it too. So back off everyone around you except old known friends. See who else gets it in your group and who they were hanging with.
or even the landlord could have snuck in and reported you...lots of questions and few true answers in this game...who were you with in the last month/week/day? Piss anyone off? Make the girl mad? The lawyer is like $3500 around here but it is worth it. I would rather pay the lawyer than the man...good luck...what did you post here also? Might have run up your leg...
sound advice. heed it.

Stinkymutt

I know from what they described in pictures that they have watched for at least the last 3 seasons. They could not put a name to a face or get a clear picture of my license plate. Problem is Im not sure which patch they found ? I believe it was a small one or they would have busted me back then. It was made out to be much bigger than it was by the investigating officer too and I was told that by another cop that was here. I know 3 years ago there was a game camera pointed down the access road that was found. They asked me about it as it was theres lol . Im still trying to talk to a lawyer today but just leaving messages so far .
Peace
Mutt

Stinkymutt

Oh and truck is not paid for yet I still owe enough on it to bank so I dont think they want to mess with it ?

ronbo51

Veteran
In the very early 80's I got hit for a couple plants in Maine. Could easily been more than a few pounds. I never saw any of the supporting documents. My little town was full of back to the land types and the local law just decided it was the scourge of humanity and maybe 20 people were popped for growing. I was not there when it happened but a few days later I was given a class c "distribution" summons. I called the same attorney that everyone else went with and it got bargained down to simple possession and paid the 200$ fine, and they kept my wife out of it.
The whole thing about prior years sounds real sketchy. Seems refutable. A guy can't grow a few plants to get through the long Maine Winter? 3-4 lbs isn't that much. Shit, if you had a card that's 1 plant. Hire someone, fight everything, then get your damn card.