What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
OldPathBluSky said:
How many lumens is 588 watts of CFLs? And whats the floorspace it's covering?

This is going to be crazy!

588 watts is 13, 42 watt bulbs from home depot and each has 3300 lumens for a total of 46,200 lumens.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
This thread is going to be amazing. How much time do you think those boxes will require each day once things are in full swing?

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
OldPathBluSky said:
How many lumens is 588 watts of CFLs? And whats the floorspace it's covering?

This is going to be crazy!

Well ..... :chin:
588 watts is 14 -42 watt bulbs
they are 2600 Lumens each for a total of 36,400 Lumens
they are over 5.4 sq ft.....6740.74 Lumens Per Sq Ft. :headbange

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Connoisseur300 said:
Are you going to have light connected all around the cab including on the door?

Yes my friend there will be lights all the way around....
But not on the door.....
they will be on a lil' drop wall from the top.

There will Be 3 lights on each end....
5 on the back....
and 5 across the front.
Two of them will be unused as of yet.... :yoinks:
This will allow me to flower with 420-672 watts. :jawdrop:
We will reach a point where More light does not make more Budz.
I Intend to find that point..... :headbange
And Make alot-O-Bubble Hash along the way........ :smoke:

Last edited:

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Wow! My heart started beating as the scale of this sunk in. And then there's two of them! :D

Is there a particular reason for having them on trays?

As a fellow cfl grower, I wish you best of luck in blowing all previous yields out of the water!

B

Bigtimer7

MAn, this is unbelievable and I look at what you can do!

WOw man, this is just an amazing thing right here. Completly unbelievable.. You are a leged for your grows and this will only make your legend grow!

Im in shock my man, great job, when i look at your grow i think you COULD ( i know you would never be) a small time commercial grower... WOW DUDE

You make me proud and many others to be able to say ive chated with DRBUD :)

G

DrBudGreengenes said:
Well ..... :chin:
588 watts is 14 -42 watt bulbs
they are 2600 Lumens each for a total of 36,400 Lumens
they are over 5.4 sq ft.....6740.74 Lumens Per Sq Ft. :headbange

Hey doc, What is the measurements of these Cabinets I was thinking somewhere around a foot and a half deep and three foot wide but I couldn't guesstamate how tall they are I may have to make another one :muahaha: I love it man thanks.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Georgia Green said:
Hey doc, What is the measurements of these Cabinets I was thinking somewhere around a foot and a half deep and three foot wide but I couldn't guesstamate how tall they are I may have to make another one :muahaha: I love it man thanks.

the "Inside" of each cab is 39 3/4" Wide x 25 1/2" Tall and 19 1/4" deep :joint:

oldgrayhair

Hey Doc, looking fantastically against the grain as always! Can't wait to see what these cabs pop out.

Quick ? on your cloning method...it appears to be a nursery tray full of straight perlite. Anything else I'm missing from the pics you may could explain...looks like a super simple and efficient cloning tray.

Peace and best of luck as always - OGH

wishbone420

can't wait to learn. like your style. for a heavy smoker as myself. this is the way to go. them years of work and research are doing goood know i would say my friend. many props. peace

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
So did you build this cab to replace your old one? Or are you over here trying to break records?

Are you still using your same ventaltion system to cool both cabs?

floppy

im tuning in for this one, i read the whole of your other thread, many times.

any chance of you telling us what your magic soil mix is?

any chance of your "Chesaw" hitting the DOC?