What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

M.O.B (Mother Of Berry)

NEgrow

MOAB

MOAB

I have grown a few cycles of this strain and have one in flower and two in veg right now.

Known aliases in my local region (New England):

• Mother Of All Berry
  • Mother Of Berry
  • Money On A Branch
  • Money Over All Bitches

Rumored in my area to have originated in the west and then made it's way to Portland, ME where it was then "perfected" over a period of a couple years. I have never seen of or heard of seed stock and I know one other person with a clip that produces identical to my sample. Veg's short and very bushy. Flowers in 45-50 days. Turns super purple in late bloom. Tastes and smells fabulous. Decent potency though I have a high tolerance. Most say it is very potent.

The hulk of berry strains. A real crow please'r.

Tokin_Jo

Well we're from maine and recieved this moab cut from one of our mj patients. He was running it outside and harvesting 1st week of september. We shall see soon how good it is, harvesting in 3 weeks

BlackBart

Veteran
She is well loved here up in Maine . You have to give her enough light hours in veg or she will start to flower on you .

Attachments

• mob 1.jpg
    mob 1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 17
  • mob 2.jpg
    mob 2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 14
  • mob 3.jpg
    mob 3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 16
  • mob 4.jpg
    mob 4.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 15

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
She is well loved here up in Maine . You have to give her enough light hours in veg or she will start to flower on you .

Exactly, tried running her on 16 - flowers popping everywhere.

Bound to start smelling her all over Portland :biggrin:

browntrout

Veteran
Highrise seeds has MOB S2's a little later flowering but nice pink phenos and great smell/taste from what I've seen/heard. I've got two packs and am running them against 3 or 4 other pure BB strains (not to say that MOB is pure BB).

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Highrise seeds has MOB S2's a little later flowering but nice pink phenos and great smell/taste from what I've seen/heard. I've got two packs and am running them against 3 or 4 other pure BB strains (not to say that MOB is pure BB).

Please keep us updated.

is the green pheno of mob really green or is it just temps that cause it?my mob is very purple when grown outdoors but indoors i barely get any color outta her.my indoor temps are 75to79.the only color ill find on it indoor seems to be more buried in the bud.i know its def mob.its the 1st plant ive ever seen done before the middle of sept.i saw some this summer that got put out the last week of may and they flowered all summer.they were crazy looking there wasnt more than 2 blades on any given leaf most were 1 blade.i hermied my stacked kush and pollinated her inddors last year ive gotta start some of the seeds soon.man i wish i could post pics.

browntrout

Veteran
is the green pheno of mob really green or is it just temps that cause it?my mob is very purple when grown outdoors but indoors i barely get any color outta her.my indoor temps are 75to79.the only color ill find on it indoor seems to be more buried in the bud.i know its def mob.its the 1st plant ive ever seen done before the middle of sept.i saw some this summer that got put out the last week of may and they flowered all summer.they were crazy looking there wasnt more than 2 blades on any given leaf most were 1 blade.i hermied my stacked kush and pollinated her inddors last year ive gotta start some of the seeds soon.man i wish i could post pics.

Well with plants like PCK the purpling is genetic, and not induced by cold but when cold temps and the respective nutrients are in play it can cause the purpling and coloration to be much more severe.

Purple phenos of PCK can be purple outdoors and pink/magenta indoors so I could carry the assumption to mob that the harsher climate would bring the colors out in the MOB strain.

I have always found that plants color much more outdoors over indoors. For all we know it could have something to do with the suns radiation.

BT

MobK4life

yeh im currently finishing 2 m.o.b. x og kush plants and i can tell you its a difficult strain to cloan. i used aeroponics in lava rock a custom setup. i brought the strain from maine having traded for girl scout cookies, while i was visiting. i grew blue berry x og kush when i lived there it was my first strain actually. The potential for heavy bud developemnt is huge. the mob kush is just a little sweeter then the blue kush. however the growing characteristics are basicly identical. bothe of mine had a terrible spider mite infestation and between my efforts using eco smart an essential oil bug killer found at home depote. delude it to 25% or less. purer water is better.

just flushed it with light organic molasses becasue i coudlnt find black strap. its smells fantastic spicy berry scents with a molasses undertone. ill get some pictures i need my cable from work though.
till next tiime...puff

MobK4life

yeh im currently finishing 2 m.o.b. x og kush plants and i can tell you its a difficult strain to cloan. i used aeroponics in lava rock a custom setup. i brought the strain from maine having traded for girl scout cookies, while i was visiting. i grew blue berry x og kush when i lived there it was my first strain actually. The potential for heavy bud developemnt is huge. the mob kush is just a little sweeter then the blue kush. however the growing characteristics are basicly identical. bothe of mine had a terrible spider mite infestation and between my efforts using eco smart an essential oil bug killer found at home depote. delude it to 25% or less. purer water is better. and the plant strain seems to have high resistance. and the purpling you mention just starting showing five days ago but has been green to this point. my temperatures get to 65 at night and as high as 90 on the hottest day in winter. It is my facorite all time strain crossed with og kush. WHAMMY.

just flushed it with light organic molasses becasue i coudlnt find black strap. its smells fantastic spicy berry scents with a molasses undertone. ill get some pictures i need my cable from work though.
till next tiime...puff
mok4life

cannawolf

Money Over Bitches

Nice strain to grow and also does great indoors, but it's amazing plant for outdoors.
Had her for a little time before giving herfor a friend. He likes to call her Stupid Bud...lol... he says it makes you stupid. I didn't had this effect ...lol.... Was a beautiful plant that had pink/purpleish tones, great resin production and a great berries aroma. I could alaways cut her around 55-63 and would be perfect, and if i let a week more would be just too much.

I miss her

Last edited:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I got 3 now veggin... gotta get her big... but after hearin this 45-49 day shit over n over im uppotting one n tossin her in flower morro to see... other will veg 60-70 mo days...

cannawolf

iwould vegg her long , around 60 days min. It would give her a nice size for flower time :) If you have the real MOB then should not be a problem to let it flower only 50 days. i know it can go untill 60 aorund...i just didn't like how hard was the hit, i prefered chopped around 55-60, and i could get her a more nice taste and high. But it's always personal. Keep us updated :) i'll be urious watching it.

Last edited:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I post some pics tomorrow. ... shit is legit... came from source. ... i just wanna get one in for personal... im that guy who doesnt like to take anything before 70 but this cut been mentioned over n over for speed n low yield... figure nething 50 cant be a bulk plant. .. all my yrs growin 7 wks guess organic soil is a must cant imagine starting flush day 30sumthin...35 for 2wks... gonna get her in with my seed plants... n she still be first done... neone got actual flower pics... ill post my veg morro