What's new

Breeding for the best stimulating effect

Carraxe

Veteran
We are on a similar quest for stimulating weed.
Agreed on the malawi adding an unwanted effect in crosses, took me several years to realize i don't care for malawi( ace or bodhi).
Another few years were spent discovering that most any purple pot wasn’t my thing, not digging the purple haze and its crosses really surprised me.

Golden tiger 2nd version was not what i was looking for either.
But the original f1 seeds produced one clean energetic plant that i’m very excited about. Strong, clear and energetic without any tiredness on reentry. I had not much hope about these seeds and only planned to produce f2s to search for thai leaning plants. F2s be made soon but this plant is was what i was looking for already.
Once they are made I would be happy to share the gt f2s(or any seed ive made) if you have any interest just let me know.
Tom hill haze is another that works for me energy wise that is.
Just harvested four different thh plants pollinated with a laos male, testing a few of these now. The laosy haze project.

Great thread, full of useful information.
Good luck in your search.

Yes, I also discarded purple plants many years ago.

I don't understand, did you grow different generations of the GT?

I could be interested in some seed swap. Also in the Haze, but I believe they are too slow for what I seek.

Koondense

Veteran
Maybe will help or not, my zamaldelica autoflower seems to be the favorite weed for some friends who love to use coke besides weed. They love stimulants and they say af zam is the best weed so far, energetic, clear and with just the right amount of body effect to know you're not on coke. I find it interesting because i tried two fem photoperiod zamaldelicas and all shared the same effect with even more sweet terpenes on the photoperiod plants, they are also a bit stronger.

Maybe consider trying zamaldelica or use it in the process.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Maybe will help or not, my zamaldelica autoflower seems to be the favorite weed for some friends who love to use coke besides weed. They love stimulants and they say af zam is the best weed so far, energetic, clear and with just the right amount of body effect to know you're not on coke. I find it interesting because i tried two fem photoperiod zamaldelicas and all shared the same effect with even more sweet terpenes on the photoperiod plants, they are also a bit stronger.

Maybe consider trying zamaldelica or use it in the process.

Cheers

Well, I don't think my ideal weed mix well with autos nor cocaine people.

What I seek is different for sure of what a cocaine user wants, they usually go for the strongest shit they can feel in the body, otherwise they don't feel a thing. My experience: they like OGs, indica leaning hybrids and anything just strong.

The mix of steppe lawn genetics in the autos doesn't feel right either.

Anyway, thanks for the original ideas. I believe I'll stick to the traditional weeds. For sure Hazes and Zamaldelica are a good point.

Sweet smokes.

Last edited:

I wood

Yes, I also discarded purple plants many years ago.

I don't understand, did you grow different generations of the GT?

I could be interested in some seed swap. Also in the Haze, but I believe they are too slow for what I seek.

First one was second release, f3 i think. Strong and trippy but hard malawi crash.
Then i got one of the last packs of original f1, grew one of those that was a blended expression, again trippy with a hard crash.
This current grow was with the rest of the f1s, five females and two males.
One male was fasciated and discarded.
Of the five remaining females one stands out as a thai leaner, thats the one for me. F2s will be made from that one and possibly another. Sampling is underway now and last two plants will be harvested today at 14 weeks of 11/13.

Carraxe

Veteran
The last of the Mextizas I chose are already revegging. That's nice, I'll have a couple of extra specimens to keep working. I'll try to select the best in a common run soon.

Also I have a good amount of Thai Angola Mextiza females to work with. I've found one of the females to be extremely similar to the original Thai Angola in bud structure and smell, that kind of proves that this cross could produce anything in between the two strains. I'll start smoking them in a couple of weeks.

It would be nice to select the most similar to the Mextiza to make a backcross to Mextiza with the frozen pollen I keep, and the most similar to the Thai Angola to make a backcross to the Thai Angola.

Sweet smokes

RMountainHaze

I have had good luck breeding with zamal for stimulation. I crossed by blueberry to speed the plant up and make her more manageable. One thing that really changed is she went from appitite surpressant to full on raging hungry now. Im new here, Id attach pics but the paperclip icon is gone. Is there a secret in replys to attach pics or do I need to upload them into a album first? I love breeding energetic herbs so I may linger around here to see how its going for you guys

Carraxe

Veteran
I have had good luck breeding with zamal for stimulation. I crossed by blueberry to speed the plant up and make her more manageable. One thing that really changed is she went from appitite surpressant to full on raging hungry now. Im new here, Id attach pics but the paperclip icon is gone. Is there a secret in replys to attach pics or do I need to upload them into a album first? I love breeding energetic herbs so I may linger around here to see how its going for you guys

I believe you need a minimum of messages to get the pic feature. Not many, could it be 50? You can have a look at the forum help

I work only with sativas, I love Blueberries but I'd never mix my sativas with such an indica when looking for this kind of effects

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
I've got the plants curing. I'm working now with just 10 females, and I've started to make annotations on flavor and smell before smoking. Some bitter lemon, and some different mixtures of perfumes. Some even have a complex bitter, acid smell that makes it attractive and repulsive at the same time, like if it was a chemical poison smell.

Average weight was 24g dry bud per plant, not much if compared with a commercial strain. But this was a seed run, so I guess under better conditions better harvests can be easily reached.

In a couple of weeks I'll meet some friends and I'll give a bunch of buds to them to get some help getting the best descriptions of each of these mother plants and keep narrowing the selection.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
Hello

I'm having nice experiences with the Thai Angola Mextiza after some days smoking. I was missing such effect, and I couldn't wait to a proper cure. But I notice how it is every day getting stronger in effect.

Still working in the selection. I'll probably discard first the ones that haven't a strong perfume, but I haven't taken any decision yet.

By the way, this is a Thai Angola clone made in Perlite. I discovered cloning in perlite about a year ago and it is way better than Jiffies in speed and rooting rate. This method is just behind the active pressurized aeroponic cloners, and good enough for me.

Sweet smokes

420empire

Veteran
It isn't difficult, it took me some time but these are my conclusions, I believe they are generally accepted.

The effect of the THC is modulated by means of both terpenes and other cannabinoids that exist in lower proportions. That's what makes the difference in effects (and aromas) between Indica and Sativa, or NLD/WLD if you prefer.

Thanks to that, we can experiment the sedating relaxing indica couch-lock, that's nice for pain treatment and other conditions.

These of us that aren't ill and still enjoy the effect of weed, usually like to enjoy the stimulating sativa effect. It allows you to do things like cleaning the kitchen, for example, and keep the good mood of being high on weed.

There is something we have to have in account: we can feel this stimulating effect of the weed up to a certain point. If we consume in excess, or we concentrate the active drugs, for example making hash or rosin, this stimulating effect is reached in lower doses.

If you get a dose too big due to concentration, or you keep smoking for hours, the effect you are going to experiment isn't going to be stimulating any more. It will lead to relaxation and sleep, not the same kind indicas get you, but still with a similar outcome. I made hash with real African and American landraces and if you take an enough dose, they get you stoned not in any stimulant way. That's always the outcome for high THC levels.

So that's what I'm doing here: selecting the plants that make the best sativa effect. I'm not looking for anything that doesn't exist, like cocaine weed. I'm selecting for the best high. And landraces are fun to work to, but they aren't strong enough.

Sweet smokes

Your right on the spot regarding the over comsumption effect of too much THC. Tried it myself with som pure south american aswell. Besides that, some days off the weed also helps greatly, like with coffee.
Could it boil down to, that maybe we should measure our body hormones and dose after that.? Maybe use a nice mexitiza/green crack/Tomhill haze what ev´s and then does some nice dry sift..?
And maybe add pure CBD isolate so you slow the release of THC ( to my understanding that´s happening when CBD is present) ... Thoughts??. :)

Carraxe

Veteran
I've selected some males from a bunch of Thai Angola Mextiza to backcross. But this time I'm backcrossing to the Thai Angola, so I have some of this to work in the future from seed and find some variation.

I've got four flowering under a window, and this is just one of them, but all of them are very similar and their timid, sative flowering contrasts with the explosive flowering of the females. They've been flowering for just two weeks, so they are quick.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Between yesterday and today I pollinated the four Thai Angola Mextiza plants I selected several months ago. Two of them are very similar to the Mextiza, so they are the way to keep the interesting qualities of this fine herb: a strong effect and aroma and quick maturation.

The other two are more in the middle of these two strains, with a more stimulating effect, a bigger production and maybe a little more maturation time.

I selected the 4 Thai Angola Mextiza between around 20 females and the main criteria was the effect of the weed. I had to seek for help because most of the plants were quite similar.

I'll upload some pictures soon.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
These are Thai Angola Mextiza number #3 and #27. They produced the weed that matched the Mextiza the best. Both of the plants made strong and aromatic weed, and I couldn't say which one was better.

Their stems have a very distinct structure that comes straight from the Thai Angola. They are very thin and straight and they show strong angles while branching. They also have an uncommon polygonal section, very distinct from the Mextiza's smooth and round surface.

I pollinated them two days ago but I can already see that many pistils have changed color. That's a good omen and it usually means that the pollination has worked.

I'm very happy with these plants. I'll have to check the seeds, but I foresee a very good quality on these, after all the work of selection I performed on the previous generations.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
These are a couple of cuts of the Thai Angola Mextiza #27 that I had in excess. I'm going to put them into flower.

The stem structure and color is basically the same of Thai Angola's. These are extremely slender plants with geometric red patterns in their stems. These stems are very straight between branches but change their angle in every branch. For some strange reason this sativa has darker leaves than its parents.

I include a closer view. I like these stems, but they might have problems holding the weight of the buds. That's not a standard hybrid, and Indicas always have a much stronger structure.

The pollination seemed to work well in the specimens I've already put into flowering, I can see calyxes already swelling.

Sweet smokes

Sunshineinabag

I tried breeding for stimulation I got this lol chit

The butterscotch bandit

:good:

Attachments

• IMG_20200915_063516.jpg
    IMG_20200915_063516.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 35

Carraxe

Veteran
This is just one Thai Angola Mextiza I grow out of a seed, I mean, it is not a selected specimen. I put this plant outdoors just not to interfere with my indoor growing, and it would be nice if I had a couple more of weeks of sun, but I'm happy that it isn't rotten even after several weeks of rain we've had, other than some scarce powdery mould I found in a few leaves.

I'm at near 43ºN latitude in a rainy coastal zone, so middle October is the best we can do without a greenhouse. I'm not putting her indoors because I don't want to bring bugs inside.

The SSSDH I had outdoors was rotting and full of mildew and didn't produce shit, so I cut it some days ago. I know it is not a strain intended for outdoors, but it is nice to compare. Jack Herer would do better outdoors for sure than SSSDH, but not as much as TAM.

Anyway, I bet this TAM is going to rock. There is always something special with outdoor plants.

Cheers