What's new

Really Cool Quotes

S

Smithy

we-dont-understand-each-other-thats-why-there-are-so-many-bad-things-happening-a-lot-of-it-has-to-quote-1.jpg

E

ESTERCHASER

"Ya cant get there, From here!"
(its gotta be said with a presque isle accent though)

pokearound

"When you go out into the woods, and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn’t get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don’t get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree.

The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying ‘You are too this, or I’m too this.’ That judgment mind comes in. And so I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are."

- Ram Dass

(1931-2019)

gorilla ganja

There are 3 kinds of people in the World

Those that make things happen,
Those that watch things happen,
and those that wondered what happened?

E

ESTERCHASER

"spanish moss isnt moss at all, its actually a bromiliad....related to pineapples" crime pays but botany doesnt!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
A bunch of pot related quotes here:

https://www.calgarycmmc.com/famouscannabisquotes.htm

“Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction. Bob Marley

And this gem (politics are funny sometimes):

Elizabeth May (Canadian politician and leader of The Green Party) quote on Marijuana - "I am not a fan of marijuana use. I have to confess this. I know all politicians are asked. I've never used marijuana. I apologize.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Why you should never smoke pot. They call it dope for a reason! BTW, I am a flower hashashin,

Harry J Anslinger (assistant prohibition commissioner in the Bureau of Prohibition) quotes on Marijuana -

"The primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"How many murders, suicides, robberies, criminal assaults, holdups, burglaries and deeds of maniacal insanity it causes each year, especially among the young, can only be conjectured...No one knows, when he places a marijuana cigarette to his lips, whether he will become a joyous reveller in a musical heaven, a mad insensate, a calm philosopher, or a murderer..."

"Most marijuana smokers are Negroes, Hispanics, jazz musicians, and entertainers. Their satanic music is driven by marijuana, and marijuana smoking by white women makes them want to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and others. It is a drug that causes insanity, criminality, and death — the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."

“In the year 1090, there was founded in Persia the religious and military order of the Assassins, whose history is one of cruelty, barbarity, and murder, and for good reason: the members were confirmed users of hashish, or marihuana, and it is from the Arabs’ ‘hashashin’ that we have the English word ‘assassin.’

“Users of marijuana become STIMULATED as they inhale the drug and are LIKELY TO DO ANYTHING. Most crimes of violence in this section, especially in country districts are laid to users of that drug.”

“Was it marijuana, the new Mexican drug, that nerved the murderous arm of Clara Phillips when she hammered out her victim’s life in Los Angeles?… THREE-FOURTHS OF THE CRIMES of violence in this country today are committed by DOPE SLAVES — that is a matter of cold record.”

kumo_kuma

Had I consulted the wishes of all I should have been like the ass between two stacks of hay. I consulted no one -- I held no councils of war. If I err, the blame is mine.*
Sam Houston

tetragrammaton

Veteran
"Like a pear I am there" - dkmonk (RIP) he claimed it was ancient greek philosophical rhetoric but when searching for the term, I found nothing online.