What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Beer Cup Challenge 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vonforne

Really, IMHO unless all the growers involved are topping the cups off to the brim with soil, 1 or even 2 oz of soil won't make "That" much of a difference.

Everything I can find at the store is 18 or 20 oz according to labeling. Guess I'll have to measure how full that is.... If 18 oz is right to the brim, then a normal pour would be right about the 16 oz mark.

V; can we get a final judgment on the questionable size cups? 18 oz / .5L?

5 days till I drop a bean in a towel ;)

18 oz or 0.5 l is good. Since I have lived in the EU for years I should have known it would be hard to find for them.

2 oz. will not make much of a difference.........one way or another.

Any other Q´s?

5 days and counting. Remember you have to take pictures. Once a week from the start.

Keep it clean no cheating this is for fun. No BMW give away here. LOL

V

G

greenmatter

no BMW ? ........ damn

i have some non feminized beans, can i start more than one and hope for a girl?

I am in the process of making some beans right now that I would like to use for this but the plants aren't quite done yet. Every day on the plant may help them be viable, but I am unsure if I need to dry them first? So which is better, a couple days to dry or a couple more days in the womb? Anyone have any experience with wet/green seeds? I let a couple of Apollo 11 f2 males go, so will potentially have A11 f3's, A11 x BluBonic, A11 x Satori, or A11 x (TW x WW bagseed). Since we have to germ in the cup and can't transplant, I only will have space for 5 or 6 cups and want to make sure I get something to germinate!

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
18 ounces was established as the official size for BEER cups...
at the 1971 October Beerputz Convention....:D

The draft beer drinkers wanted an advantage over 12oz can people.

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm in this for sure... Can we double pot 2 8oz cups on top of one another?

V

vonforne

Ok to the requests to help with the prizes. All prizes must be sent to Icmag Admin and it has to be approved first.

Thanks to the members who have offered so far.

If approved by Admin.

V

18 oz or 0.5 l is good. Since I have lived in the EU for years I should have known it would be hard to find for them.

2 oz. will not make much of a difference.........one way or another.

Any other Q´s?

5 days and counting. Remember you have to take pictures. Once a week from the start.

Keep it clean no cheating this is for fun. No BMW give away here. LOL

V

Yes, I just want to make sure, cause I dont think it has been answered 100 % yet. - Can we flower at will, as long as we keep inside 120 days? Meaning no set veg time?

primobud

Getting Ready

Getting Ready

Wed Night: I looked around today for a beer cup with a nice "Molson" or I even would have settled for "Labatt" lable and it seems the cheap pricks only make em for the summer! So I settled for these 16oz "no name" cups. I bought a taller dome than I normally use and tonight I set them up to get the temp set right before Sunday morning at 00:01 est when I will be planting my 6 seeds. The extra cup holds the temp bulb and the temp tonight is 72.9 in the cup (just after filling). They are now set up under 2 double 24" flourescent fixtures and in the morning I will see how they are doing. I used a heat pad years ago but dropped it when I discovered I can usually keep the soil temp around 78-80 with the lights. We'll see how it goes with the cups. No seeds yet!!! I do have another homemade batch (Mystery Seeds) and I'll use them as a last resort, 2 week days left so I remain hopeful.

Getting Ready Night Sept 21 (dirt 73f)

H

Homer J Pimpin

I heard my good friend paladin420 was one of the ones to donate seeds as a prize.
good on you pal.
I myself would offer up some alpha dog ( alpha diesel x killer chem ) that I made as well as some sour diesel ibl s1's maybe Ill check into that whole business.
best of luck to all. I grew a larrydog from clone in abeercup 2 yrs ago for reds thread. 1 week veg after rooting straight into flower. dry weight was 11 or 12 grams.

H

Homer J Pimpin

I thought this was a from seed grow.or I would enter. I cant afford to give up the room for 10 beercups only to have to pull males and have it be empty.
Plus my mouth allways seems to get me in trouble so Im not confident I'd be around long enough to see it through. Ill check the details on how to send in a prize though.unless you guys havev enough donors allready

primobud

I know what you mean about the room Homer J, I'm lucky it'll fit into my plans as long as I pick my keeper by mid Oct.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Hedge your bets on a single bean then!

Fuck, that's what I'm doing :eek::

If it doesn't crack, guess I'm part of the voting party, if it does but goes nuts out in week 2,... well I'm voting.

Bubblegummer from the same breeder starts popping nanners off in week 8, lets hope the White Widow is a bit more stable!

LetsSeeYa

Well im going to try a couple out of a mix batch, Skunk #1, NL #5 or a cross of the two. Then i have another mixed batch that has WW and a Purple unknown strain, which iv only got one of the Purple's and someone ripped it, bastards.

But will have each cup labeled with its bean in it. Man Canni ya shoulda said something, i woulda made sure ya had a few beans bro? Try a bag seed or two, you can get a great pheno sometimes out of nasty ass Mexican, which are basically not taken care of properly.

Oh and my Dolphins play the Browns on Sunday, im having a party. THE EX IS GONE! HELL YA! EVERYONE IS INVITED, im free and in a cool contest, plus the game. Damn life is good!

LSY

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I might run a GrandDaddyPurp x SSSDH. I've had them for a while but haven't popped one yet.

antheis

Veteran
i'm still undecided if i want to run some mexi-brick bagseed or femmed auction mix. i've prepped 11 cups.
multiple entries are allowed, correct?

I

icon

i'll be going with 1 seed feminized if for some reason i cant keep it going i only have to kill 1 plant & it will take up minimal space. it will be my own creation lapis mnt indica x pre92 afghani.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Man Canni ya shoulda said something, i woulda made sure ya had a few beans bro? Try a bag seed or two, you can get a great pheno sometimes out of nasty ass Mexican, which are basically not taken care of properly.

LSY

No no no,.... I'm hedging this on a single bean, I've got plenty of beans ;)

Hell, I've got at least 30 Rodney crosses I could toss in some cups to look for a male ( 100% female so far on the crosses ;) )

1.5 days to go! :D Gotta figure out how to get the time date stamp on my camera running.

So we just post a photo at the start date and we are in? if its that easy i might do some, i guess we can start as many as we want and pick a pheno to hold onto? Herb...

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
So we just post a photo at the start date and we are in? if its that easy i might do some, i guess we can start as many as we want and pick a pheno to hold onto? Herb...

Yeah, that's never been clarified..... nothing like waiting till the last minuet huh?

Weekly pics are required, One plant, or pics of ALL plants with clear definition of which one is which?

I'd hate to see someone go by the way side because they got a male from a single seed, but to the same end I'd like even less to see a grower with 12 females chose the best of the best at harvest.

IMHO, it should be a single femmed seed, or if multiple non sexed seeds are started, only one would be selected to grow after the 28 day "Vege" mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts