What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking that NYC Piff tonite AKA the CHURCH ! PIFF LOVERS UNITE !

Ahhh just picked up a nice oz of some piffery str8 from uptown, feels good to light up the church agian, after being away for so long. I used to be a daily piff smoker, however the past year i decided to lay off since it just wasnt hitting me the same anymore. And also the quality wasnt the grade I was used to getting like 2-3 years ago uptown. The batch i got was nice, ALL budd no leaf, nice big dense nugs. I remember someone telling me that most piff is a oldschool haze crossed with an indica, with this batch its apparent, cuz I havnt seen such big haze nugs in a MIN. Well i guess I just wana hear from my piff lovers out there. lite one up and get at me !

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
this whole "piff" thing is fukcin retarded. just some new UPTOWN slang bull_shit. if its haze then just call it haze!!! WTF is so hard about this people? (its like takin two steps back for every one step forward)

and dont get it twisted, im born/raised uptown, lived in between harlem and washington heights for most of the time, some of that time in the BX, a couple years in BKLYN. and i still havent heard it referred to as "piff"

well soursoldier, im just glad you got some haze and your able to blaze a nice one, enjoy and god speed, but dont fall prey to the misgivings of the streets, they tend to stay ignorant to some things for no real reason.

EDIT: oh i see now 4 posts, fresh of the boat huh? lol. dont worry stick around this place soursoldier, we'll "learns ya" ( :spank: ) in no time at all. :rasta:

Last edited:
not fresh of the boat at all, actully was one of the pioneers in the micro section from back in the day, just around with a new tag, and BTW i call it piff because its not str8 haze, it's deff crossed with some big indica. I used to give shit to all my friends who called it piff.I am not saying this is the strain name, just the cloest thing you can call to clasify this type of bud "PIFF". and btw if you lived in wash heights and u never heard of the "HAZE" around as piff, you must have never left your house homie...

G

drove into manhattan last night hoping to score.drove down to the village and couldn't believe washington square park was completely enclosed in fencing.saw some dudes in the southwestern part of the park near the chess tables but didn't approach them due to the police van parked right next to them.was thinking of hitting the heights but didn't think a fortyish guy with short hair driving a suv with nj plates would have any luck on 179,etc.
remember the old days in the late 70s early 80s of us driving into the heights almost every weekend and scoring nickel bags of lumbo on 181,163,and 156 streets.even bags of "dust is a must" back then.been a long time and hope to reconnect as have been dry over a month since moving back to nj.read about delivery services and that beats pizza or moo shu pork anyday.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
I have never heard of 'piff' until I started posting here & I think the slang is fucking lame. Just like 'uptown'. where i used to be from all the yuppies and hipsters hung out uptown maybe thats why.

Last edited:
S

Space Ghost

that's the piffiest looking church I've ever seen! ...or is it churchiest looking piff?

"the church" is just another nickname Me and my friends personally use for the piff, the haze has the mystical,inscense smell, that kinda reminds you of an old school church. I hate how we get get indulged with being 100% informative, but forget about what smokin herbs is really about "FUN", take the fist out of your ass and think of some names of local shit you used to smoke, and nickname with friends, that is if you ever lived off a computer and had friends. Theres a defianite line between the internet highway and "the block" and "the block" may also be ignorant most of the time, but "the block" are the ones handling the weed the majority of americans smoke, so whatever they call it is what I will also call it, it just makes it easier on the mind... For instance if some guy hands me a half oz of some shit uptown for 200 and calls its "sours" doesnt mean im gona go home and put the bud under a microscope and look at the leafes to see ifs its more on the sativa side of things to rule out of its not real deal SOUR DIESEL or not, Instead Im gona crush up a G or 2 throw it in a dutch and burn it down untill me an my buddies get high enuff to come up with a name, and in this case the sour was " Sour Purple Barracoodah" wbhahah see man just have fun and smoke some tree's weather it be PIFF, the SOURS, SOUR PURPLE BARRACODAH, or even g13xnevillies hazexgrapefruit. bwhahha

and o tropical dreams, if your a older white dood with jersey plates, deff stay away from the heights, the po's aint like the used to be, wait till deeper in the summer at least when the cant handle the flow :headbange and heres another shot of the PIFF

L

Lune TNS

All sorts of people around here call those buds piff, church, haze, whatever... it's all the same stuff anyway...

That looks like a very nice batch, enjoy it :joint: :joint: :joint:

deff am lune, it's an amazing sunday afternoon over here on the east coast, smoking the piff and sour barracoda all day outdoors ! btw just for the fuck of it, ill attach a pic of the "sours" i picked up last night. the sour barracouda and piff actully make quite a great mix, I wish I could figure out what strain this sour shit actully is, its one of my all time favours. its pure sour skunk chem tasting, however the buds smell like pure cat urine, or stinky under arms. Ive always thought it was some type of kush or crossed skunk who really knows tho :rasta:

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
SOURSOILDER said:
not fresh of the boat at all, actully was one of the pioneers in the micro section from back in the day, just around with a new tag, and BTW i call it piff because its not str8 haze, it's deff crossed with some big indica. I used to give shit to all my friends who called it piff.I am not saying this is the strain name, just the cloest thing you can call to clasify this type of bud "PIFF". and btw if you lived in wash heights and u never heard of the "HAZE" around as piff, you must have never left your house homie...

so how long ago was this? if your gonna say that then you need to give me a time line when all this "piff" crap started. must be some crap that was shitty and they just decided to give it a name so people couldnt legitimately say it was crap, you cant say its crap if i tell you its not.

ive always stood on my own in that arena, just cause you say its one thing dont mean that, that is what it is. i stepped out my house on the regular just never stayed around there, and not long enough to hear it called piff, but you know what, i think im gonna make y way up there and see whats really good.

or them cats up in the heights grew some accidentally crossed shit and tryin to pass it off as "piff". oh you gotta love those domincans, they try so hard. lol

EDIT: just read the post, sour barracoda is it? is that a particular breader strain or another dealer given name from the infamous "heights" ? lol

Last edited:

dfa

im from the westcoast never smoked the piff but it looks bomb, and im sure it is.

trouble

Veteran
KnottyDollar said:
But what runs rampant in the 5 boroughs then?

(1) Portricans

(2) Hatians

(3) Dominicans

(4) Jamaicans

(5) Italians

:wave:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
trouble said:
(1) Portricans

(2) Hatians

(3) Dominicans

(4) Jamaicans

(5) Italians

:wave:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

yo trouble! whas really good man!! but aint that the truth!!! roflmao

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
well i asked a guy at work if he ever heard of this piff crap and he said (and i quote) " yeah its just haze but cats just started callin it piff, you know how ni**as are" lol.

now im gonna say what i gotta say on the subject and then bounce, i aint gettin into no type of "chasin people on other threads" or bitchin everytime i see you on another thread" type thing.

the reason i get annoyed at cats on teh block or around the way callin something out of its name is the fact that you can have some bomb ass strain and instead of given it its due, the average hustler decides he /she is gonna give it another name and it discredits the weed and that persons overall knowledge of what they are selling all together. now heres an example, and this is a true story:

my boy got this me this hook up through his job. met the cat (i guess both our smokers senses were tingling at the same time) in teh train station and copt some mango from him. time passes we talk, he realizes how serious i am about growing so the conversations get deeper as time goes on.

one day i go to the spot to pick up something to blaze at work and he asks me if i ever heard of jack herer. i say ofcourse! i run down the strain info/geneology and the whole nine and the guys like wow i had no clueso then i give him the couple of copies of hightimes an skunk i had with me, ytold him to read those and well talk again.

so couple days later he tell me that he smoked the jack herer and he was thinking about calling it "face off" for his customers since he thinks that no one would know what the hell jack herer was. i made a bet with him and ill tell you the reason why it worked is because he was honest with it, i told him to go ahead and call it face off for the first couple of week to your customers and then call it jack herer teh next week and see what they respond to most.

next couple o' day pass by and he has to admit that he called it face off to the first coupe of customers of the day and realized no one was pickin it up. but a couple people actually told him that what he had was jack herer, so after some time passes hes not gettin any thing really movin so he calls his cutomers back and tells them that he has JACK HERER. he had an ounce for the day. . . do you know he had to reup twice the very same day because the customers that he dealt with actually called other people and he made money off of them as well!?!?!?.

he comes back and shakes my hand on the bet and understands why i was so animate about him calllin the cannabis by its proper name or if it is crossed then jsut call it by what its crossed by and leave it at that.

so heres the anology: if youve honey and its good quality honey, then just tell the people that you have to sell it to that you have honey, dont go tellin them " yo yo yo, i got that bee shit son, this shit is fire son, this bee shit is whats up !"

now this is where the discrediting comes in, since most people who are going to buy good cannabis are gonna go by a name (because tehname is associated with teh quality) before anything then why not just keep your sales up with good clientel and calling a viable strain by its name. and i know the black normally has that fire, but lets let the other people out there know that hey, it may be the hood but we got some sense and we know our shit too!!

now this is from the point of view of a grower and someone who deals in wieght and came up through the ranks (dirt weed-highgrade, highgreade- elite strains, then seriously deciding to never go back agian!!)

so thats all i had to say about it, aint tryin to change a mind or kill your fun, but jsut so you understand where a cat is comin from. cause as a grower id be pissed if i give a cat some wieght to get rid of adn some one comes back to me tellin me the cat is callin my shit "GORILLA PUNCH" or some shit instead of supersilver haze.

and the fun of it for me is the growing so yeah, when i get something from someone else, i break out the micro scope and all that and look at trichomes and everything, smell/odor, whiteashe allat!!! gotta see if a cat is coming correct or not.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts