What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guaranteed to stop budrot.

HUGE

Veteran
I am about to flip some ladies over to 12/12 & I am looking for a product that I can use to ensure I will not get budrot. This run is gaining to be a tight fit and the buds will be huge and verry dense. I am taking all the normal precautions buy I want a bulletproof defense this run. Also I run benneficials so something that won't kill them also.

whodare

Veteran
spray serenade in the first two weeks if you want....

other than that you shouldnt have a problem if you have lots of airflow 24/7

whodare

Veteran
sorry forgot the disclaimer lol

outdoors in a greenhouse without a HUGE dehuy is bud suicide...

HUGE

Veteran
Dehumidifier set at 35. Lots of fans already going. I have greencure that I will be using first few weeks. I was just looking for maybe a systemic that will guarantee no rot.

MIway

Veteran
Dehumidifier set at 35. Lots of fans already going. I have greencure that I will be using first few weeks. I was just looking for maybe a systemic that will guarantee no rot.

There isn't a single systemic that i know of that will last through the entire bloom cycle. Even if you add at week 4, on anything longer than 7 weeks & if you have major rh + temp issues... you'll get mold in overcrowded, overly large nugs. I'm talkin a room that you know to have problems, which sounds to be the case.

No systemic will get you through the entire bloom cycle... w/o adding past the beginning of week 5~6. And sorry... I have no recommendations of shit to apply that late into flowering.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i had some Blubonics sitting 4 feet away from a santa fe dehuey set at 40% and they still got budrot...while the SFV kush next to it was spared...

i think its also strain dependant....eagle 20 works for powder mildew not sure if it applies to budrot too...

best way to avoid it is lots of air flow and daily checks on your largest colas...once you see any kind of discoloration CHOP!!!!

MIway

Veteran
i had some Blubonics sitting 4 feet away from a santa fe dehuey set at 40% and they still got budrot...while the SFV kush next to it was spared...

I've seen this too... beyond the genetic differences... my thoughts have always been that they allowed for too much temp swings during the change in light... they didn't pump the temps up, and they actually dropped down a good 10F. That makes for a spike in RH... esp inside the colas.

Big fan of raising the night temps to over 82F once the lights go down... while keeping the RH low. Not feeding for a few hours before lights go down is a goodin too.

HUGE

Veteran
This strain is susceptible to mold. And I expect the room to get very crowded. I'm doing lots of topping to help. Just looking for a chemical help. Anyone know how to properly use greencure As in for how long can you use it.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
You are asking us to advise what toxic shit to dose your flowering plants with, which will later go into good people's lungs?

Guess what, if your 'elite cut' easily succumbs to mold in a dialed-in environment, its WEAK. You need new genetics in your room..

S

Scrappy-doo

I heard greencure works amazingly well. Non-toxic. Main ingredient is sodium bicarbonate, or baking soda. Lots of outdoor guys are talking about it. I just ordered some for my outdoor girls. Check it out.

testing a mix of Sodium Bicarb (Arm & Hammer baking soda) + Hydrogen Peroxide (standard store 3%) outside currently.

the environment is HORRIBLE right now with all the hurricanes, rain, flooding, dew, wind, bugs, bacterial spot disease, etc, just noticed some botrytis (budrot) yesterday.

they got a heavy soaking spray of baking soda @ 1 tsp + 1/2 cup peroxide (per gal) to hopefully kill the rot.

Following it up with a Serenade (Bacillus subtilis) molasses + kelp 24hr bubbled tea which will hopefully coat the plant with specific mold ass kicking living beneficial bacterial microbs.

MIway

Veteran
Greencure/raising the surface pH... only works on the parts of the plant that it gets onto... and as soon as the green matter grows, the new plant material isn't protected. Basically means that you will always have to apply & will never get 100% coverage, esp inside the buds themselves. Always have exposure to the same issues as before, just not on the majority of the plant, but inside the nugs...??? Also, it washes off.

Oxidate/h2o2... know a lot of peeps trying it & likin it, but burns only what you spray it onto... goes inactive relatively quickly... primary residue is water/more moisture. Have to constantly mist to burn the spores that land on the plant 24/7, which also means having a plant always wet. Nice idea, near impossible to make effective outside.

I've never really done these outside, but have tried both inside, and the issues seem to be the same either way. Neither of these two will solve the underlying problems.

S

Scrappy-doo

OK. I'm just saying a lot of people swear greencure is the shiz for budrot. They say all you have to do is apply it once a week for the last 4 weeks of flowering. Doesn't sound like too much work to me.

Indoors I would think it works even better because it's in a controlled environment.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have used green cure with grate results. A few things to consider before searching for the cure; How high is your humidity?, how good is your ventilation?, do you have good air flow around the room and below the canopy? You may not need anything. It is always best not to put anything on your buds if you don't have to. Is a sulfur burner out of order?

grapeman

Veteran
Botran at week 1.

Pristine at week 3 or 4, depending on the flower time.

The key is to kill the majority of the spores early and then hit the plants again BEFORE the buds close up so you have protection.

Or something high tech like that. These are food grade products that have a "days to harvest" on the labels. If it is safe to eat within those parameters, it is safe to smoke IMO. given the fact that you usually cure the herb another month at least, these "Days to Harvest" are based on residue at safe levels, which decrease over time (half life of the chemicals). Since you are not smoking the product until waaaaay beyond the safe period, there should be zero detectable residue.

Serenade will not prevent the rot. It barely effects PM.

No luck with that HP + BS mix on budrot. One badly infected branch got extra sprayed looked slightly worse than it did 1 1/2 days ago.

It did work excellent on some PM earlier in the season though.

Soaked them all down with the Serenade tea today, report back soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts