What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Future of Legal Cannabis vs. The New Federal Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hash, if you want to keep the politics out of the thread, mabey you should stop bashing Trump, And stop calling him a fascist.When you call a democratically elected president a fascist you are weakening the reality of the term, ask anyone who has lived under a fascist regime. Just because someone doesn't agree with you that doesn't make them a fascist

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hash, if you want to keep the politics out of the thread, mabey you should stop bashing Trump, And stop calling him a fascist.When you call a democratically elected president a fascist you are weakening the reality of the term, ask anyone who has lived under a fascist regime. Just because someone doesn't agree with you that doesn't make them a fascist

I wasn't bashing Trump specifically. Global fascism is on the rise, and it will effect cannabis.

However if you want to get down to the nitty gritty on the subject. He is a facists, and all evidence points to it. Hitler was elected too. Furthermore I have asked people that lived under a fascist regime. My own family members that survived the Holocaust, that have numbers tattooed on their fucking arms are scared shitless by the election of trump and the new rise in white nationalism. Quite honestly, unless you're Jewish, Muslim, lgbtq, or a person of color, then you don't get to comment.

And if you want to tell me America is not facists, go try to protest in the capital where it counts. It's illegal now, and that was signed by Obama. The rise of fascism in America stared long before trump. It's one of the reasons that pot is illegal in the first place. Citizens didn't make it illegal. Fascists and racists corporations did, and now we have elected a person that is actually putting those exact people in place in his cabinet.

And that's the last we are going to talk about that.

Get back on track

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think the government will ever legalize. The corporations stand to loose too much.

They will legalize because they have figured out that they are missing out on an industry estimated to be worth 500 billion nation wide. 50 billion alone in California.

packerfan79

Veteran
I wasn't bashing Trump specifically. Global fascism is on the rise, and it will effect cannabis.

However if you want to get down to the nitty gritty on the subject. He is a facists, and all evidence points to it. Hitler was elected too. Furthermore I have asked people that lived under a fascist regime. My own family members that survived the Holocaust, that have numbers tattooed on their fucking arms are scared shitless by the election of trump and the new rise in white nationalism. Quite honestly, unless you're Jewish, Muslim, lgbtq, or a person of color, then you don't get to comment.

And if you want to tell me America is not facists, go try to protest in the capital where it counts. It's illegal now, and that was signed by Obama. The rise of fascism in America stared long before trump. It's one of the reasons that pot is illegal in the first place. Citizens didn't make it illegal. Fascists and racists corporations did, and now we have elected a person that is actually putting those exact people in place in his cabinet.
This is the most fascist statement I have ever read hash. To compare Hitler who killed millions to a business man is unbelievable. Your statements denigrate the deaths of 6 million Jews. The fact that you belive that only lgbqt, Jews, and Muslims andpeople of color are the only people who can comment is outright racist and bigoted. Did you forget that the Muslim countries were supporters of the third Reich. Forget that Muslim countries kill gays for being gay. Did you forget that outside of Egypt and Syria, every Muslim nation is dedicated to the extermination of the Jewish race. You are completely ignorant of the facts. Unbelievable how filled with hate you are. You are the exact reason Americans voted for Trump. We are sick of being attacked and compared to a mass murderer, because we want to be free to practice our religion and speak out against this type of hateful rhetoric.if you hate America so much, I am sure Saudi Arabia would love to have you. North Korea, or China, or mabey The Philippines. Pretty sure all these countries will Execute you for simply possessing Cannabis.

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually scored a couple points packerfan! Coming back like Aaron Rodgers...but you need to toughen up...if your this sensitive to people pointing out trump is a disaster...it's gonna be a rough 4 years for you...I actually HOPE he makes it four years cuz everyone in line is even scarier...

packerfan79

Veteran
Subrob, I don't think anyone likes to be censored due to there skin color (even though nobody actually knows what color it is) or religious belifes.Trump isn't even in office yet and hash is comparing him and me to Hitler fuck that. Unfortunately liberals have become the fascist of our time. Freedom to speak as long as you agree with them. Freedom to worship as long as it isn't Christ. I am not sensitive, I just have no tolerance for people who want to turn America in to a third world country ruled by some Democrat Dictator. This is the greatest country in the world, and I have no problem putting my life on the line to ensure my children will grow up in a free country.

PDX Dopesmoker

The fundamental principles of traditional fascism are not at odds with those of electoral democracy. The principle of fascism is that government is run for the benefit of corporations. The concept backing it up is that if everything possible is done to benefit producers (corporations), that will make goods more readily available and less expensive, which is what everyone wants.
As it turned out for the Italians it resulted in corporations manufacturing sub par military equipment and then selling it to the government leaving it bankrupt and unable to defend itself, so while it is a fundamentally sound system of government it may not be the best system due to a certain lack of checks and balances.
Calling the president-elect a fascist might get you angry, but its not an insult. For some peoples point of view it is reality, he campaigned on deregulation and tax breaks for corporations, he just handed Goldman Sachs the keys to the treasury and appointed a guy who signed off on the F-35 to run the department of defense. People don't call themselves fascists anymore because WW2 loser side made it uncool, but that doesn't mean that they don't have the same principles guiding their actions.

In reality the only people who can look at Trump and say they the ideas he has professed don't dovetail with fascism are doublespeak savants or their victims.

Crony capitalism didn't work during either of the Bush administrations and its going to fail hard this time too. Competition works, Greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind. Pay for play politics is somehow not greed in this interpretation (I haven't figured that part out yet and its clearly wrong), but crony capitalism (AKA fascism) eliminates marketplace competition. This current administration was "unfriendly" (AKA not willing give out tax breaks at the drop of a hat) to business and they had to fight amongst each other for money and it s working out.

The boss of the incoming administration as a history of bankruptcy and the party he leads has a history of deficit spending, its quite a foreboding situation.

I have lived under a fascist regime before, I grew up under one. First term Bush administration America is the most similar thing I've lived in, Trump is populating his administration with all the same folks.

The upside is that when deficit spending devalues the dollar to Bush era levels, we'll all be able to make fortunes exporting hash oil to Europe for like $100/g

packerfan79

Veteran
Definition of fascism
often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control <early instances of army fascism and brutality — J. W. Aldridge>

Not even close to your definition of fascism.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Subrob, I don't think anyone likes to be censored due to there skin color (even though nobody actually knows what color it is) or religious belifes.Trump isn't even in office yet and hash is comparing him and me to Hitler fuck that. Unfortunately liberals have become the fascist of our time. Freedom to speak as long as you agree with them. Freedom to worship as long as it isn't Christ. I am not sensitive, I just have no tolerance for people who want to turn America in to a third world country ruled by some Democrat Dictator. This is the greatest country in the world, and I have no problem putting my life on the line to ensure my children will grow up in a free country.

Stop. Get out of my thread. You fundamentally don't understand what fascism is, or how a country gets there, and I'm sick of you derailing the thread. I don't give a shit about your personal politics, not am I defending either party, because they are both very guilty of fascist behaviors. Just because you can copy and paste a simplified definition from Webster does not mean you understand the process, and history. Leave please.

oldchuck

Veteran
Trump and his mad dog generals will do just fine turning the US into an irrelevant third world country.

igrowone

Veteran
i've been waiting for any signals from Trump town how the wind will blow
all quiet so far, Sessions is getting a homophobe label from some old baggage
but i'm ready for the main show, when Sessions gets into the confirmation process
the Dems can't stop his confirmation, but they are promising plenty of pain
and DEA cartel hasn't been so gently treated recently on its trips to capitol hill
many cards will have to be shown, i hate watching that shit normally but this confirmation could be interesting

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Definition of fascism
often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control <early instances of army fascism and brutality — J. W. Aldridge>

Not even close to your definition of fascism.

Actually I believe he is covered by "severe economic and social regimentation" part of that definition...and as we know..philosophy comes in different packages and political philosophy has to be bankrolled by something...

Hash...sorry if I'm off track also...but as we wait for federal developments on cannabis legalization..there's gonna be some slow spots in this thread...might as well get to the root of all aspects of the process right?

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Hash, two comments to ponder:

1. Regarding legalization--as California goes, so goes the nation. It is a matter of time before Cannabis is legal in all 50. (Everyone take a breath...as we are all soldiers in the same "cannabis legalization army".
2. You should use the word "fascist" sparingly, as it will illicit defensive commentary by those offended and...overuse diminishes the true meaning of any word.

Since we are both "equality offenders", that is--the veracity of our "replies" (aka by some as "insults") are not dependent on opposing views of "silly things" that make each of us different: politics, religion, hair color, music choice, "fuck orifice" (vagina or asshole), age, education--or lack thereof, the number of zeros in their bank balance (as right of the the decimal point), or the simple question--sativa or indica? We offend all.

Rather we walk our talk and will call out stupidity--what and/or whomever the source. That said...I refer everyone to item #1 above, it is a matter of time.....before we have "legal cannabis".

Or put differently: Where are the winds against "legalization" of cannabis? Show me their strength (and/or lack thereof?).

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The winds against legalization, or "legalization" include the same moms that started MADD a few decades ago and the beer and liquor industries.

Here in the midwest, living in a red state, those winds still blow pretty strong. Nothing's really changed in the marijuana laws in my state since probably the forties or fifties.

If the federal gov't decides it's a state issue, not every state is gonna go for it, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.