What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

will the real MTF please stand up

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
SweetIndica said:
Yea, i understand. Would i be able to like take a trip to Alaska and find someone to give me/pay for a clone or would it be very hard?

If you don't already know someone there, it's a wasted effort. You are likely to get shot if you start asking around with some of the locals...especially the ones that might actually have it since they'll think you're a cop.

You might want to try Sagarmatha's Matanuska Tundra for a very similar plant...

Keefhead

A search in Google for matanuska tundra turned up some great looking crosses. That might be a place to start.

Guest423

Veteran
you might also want to check out kodiak gold from reeferman, i've talked to a couple people that claimed to have grown the original mtf, matanuska tundra and the kodiak gold....they said kodiak gold was more like the original.

MTF-Sandman said:
If you don't already know someone there, it's a wasted effort. You are likely to get shot if you start asking around with some of the locals...especially the ones that might actually have it since they'll think you're a cop.

You might want to try Sagarmatha's Matanuska Tundra for a very similar plant...

Yea, cause the streets of alasks be hard yo? I highly doubt i'd get shot, although i believe it'll be very hard for me to get one. But saying i'll get shot is silly.

G

SweetIndica said:
Yea, cause the streets of alasks be hard yo? I highly doubt i'd get shot, although i believe it'll be very hard for me to get one. But saying i'll get shot is silly.

a couple things on that comment:

you have a real good chance gettin shot in AK...probably more so than most inner cities.

There are more guns per capita in Alaska than anywhere...Every person I know of has many....and Alaskans know how to use them because they do all the time.

Alaska has LOTS of outlaws and outlaw types...Its where we go to get the fuck away from everyone.

If you do get close to a source you WILL be talking to bikers "hells angels" and not just wannabes....that is how MTF got to Alaska and that is who keeps it in check. ...and guess what "hells angels" do for money besides sell drugs....yep u gueesed it they sell GUNS. These guys are Outlaws and most are convicted fellons (nice as can be tho) but u dont wanna step on the wrong side of the line w/ them.

are we starting to put 1 and 1 together here?

If I fuck up and start selling cuts or start a commercial op...my friends in AK can make 1 phone call and in about an hour I'll have a knock on the door and some bikers 4000 miles away from AK will take me right out of the MTF loop .probably just by taking my plants and destroying my grow supplies...and I'm sure guns will be involved for intimidation purposes unless I was to fight it...then there would be a good ol' fashioned shoot out.

I met my source when I worked w/ him for several years on a couple of different commercial fishing boats. Cops are too soft to work on a boat undercover and have to work their ass off 20 hrs a day everyday....so we knew we were cool.

If u take a trip and start asking around I dont think you'll get very far...In fact I'm sure you'll get discouraged real quickly.....Alaskans aren't real social people to begin with.

I dont wanna rain on your parade bro....but thats just how it goes.

good luck still regardless.

-yukon

Last edited:

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
^^I was hoping he could read between the lines :D

SI - It takes alot of trust from a person that has it to get it...it's not something you can just buy with money - it takes respect.

yukon said:
a couple things on that comment:

you have a real good chance gettin shot in AK...probably more so than most inner cities.

There are more guns per capita in Alaska than anywhere...Every person I know of has many....and Alaskans know how to use them because they do all the time.

Alaska has LOTS of outlaws and outlaw types...Its where we go to get the fuck away from everyone.

If you do get close to a source you WILL be talking to bikers "hells angels" and not just wannabes....that is how MTF got to Alaska and that is who keeps it in check. ...and guess what "hells angels" do for money besides sell drugs....yep u gueesed it they sell GUNS. These guys are Outlaws and most are convicted fellons (nice as can be tho) but u dont wanna step on the wrong side of the line w/ them.

are we starting to put 1 and 1 together here?

If I fuck up and start selling cuts or start a commercial op...my friends in AK can make 1 phone call and in about an hour I'll have a knock on the door and some bikers 4000 miles away from AK will take me right out of the MTF loop .probably just by taking my plants and destroying my grow supplies...and I'm sure guns will be involved for intimidation purposes unless I was to fight it...then there would be a good ol' fashioned shoot out.

I met my source when I worked w/ him for several years on a couple of different commercial fishing boats. Cops are too soft to work on a boat undercover and have to work their ass off 20 hrs a day everyday....so we knew we were cool.

If u take a trip and start asking around I dont think you'll get very far...In fact I'm sure you'll get discouraged real quickly.....Alaskans aren't real social people to begin with.

I dont wanna rain on your parade bro....but thats just how it goes.

good luck still regardless.

-yukon

I realize people have guns...people have guns where i live also. That doesn't mean they can use them on people when they feel like it. If i did get shot, someone goes to jail simple as that. Your making AK out to sound alot harder than it is. If what you say really does happen, the government would put an end to it real quick. I understand it would be very hard for me to get them, a simple "no you wouldn't be able to get them" would of done. Ehh i'll just find another way to get some MTF clones, money can buy anything. Why are people in alaska so damn pissy? It must be the cold weather...

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
SweetIndica said:
I realize people have guns...people have guns where i live also. That doesn't mean they can use them on people when they feel like it. If i did get shot, someone goes to jail simple as that. Your making AK out to sound alot harder than it is. If what you say really does happen, the government would put an end to it real quick. I understand it would be very hard for me to get them, a simple "no you wouldn't be able to get them" would of done. Ehh i'll just find another way to get some MTF clones, money can buy anything. Why are people in alaska so damn pissy? It must be the cold weather...

lol...go buy some then. That's obviously your best chance.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
don't you love internet bad asses....

Hey there MTF nice pics and sweet nugs, do you have any males to make seed with?
Those would fair better in a small envelope to say CANADA lol jk.

Good post Yukon.

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
lol...I wish. I've thought about selfing a clone though for some pollen, but it's not really doable for me at the moment. There are a couple folks that claim to have true breeding MTF males (and everything seems to be on the up and up with them) but I'm sceptical since I've never seen one in person.

Might let one flower an extra 14-21 days next round to see if I can get some nanners though and use it to hit a clone that are that far into flo. Some feminized beans would be pretty nifty :D

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Actually if you flower a plant and give it 1 hour of light in the middle of the dark cycle you'll have a sauge fest in no time lol.

True breeding stock.. I'm sure someone has true thai, kush, acapulco gold etc just waiting for seedauctions to get on the stock market.

Beans to free the world.

G

Ive tried every way in the book to make mine go hermie....to make s1's...I havent got it to work w/ MTF tho.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Have your tried gibberellic acid? That shit is guaranteed if used properly but safety measures are in order and the bud is unsmokeable after but the seeds are completely viable.
Crude but effective.

I've only read but.... using 1 hre of light during the dark cycle for the first 3 weeks of flowering will lead to 1 or 2 plants dropping testicles in no time, it's a more "controlled hermie" if such a thing exists, when a dusting has oocured feminized bastard inbred seeds are abound.

I'm feeling I'm going to catch shit for that "controlled hermie" thing...

G

...funny i was gonna add that I havent tried GA...and didnt wanna go that route.

Ive heard that it takes several generations to have a useable product....not sure of all the details tho.

...still somthing i dont wanna do tho

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
According to my HT clipings bible the seeds are fine to grow with but the mother plant is unhealthy to smoke
..mind you with all the peeps i see using booster like KoolBloom at week 6 health just doesn't seem like a priority with weed anymore lol.
Kidding aside gloves, mask and tenting are required, PM if you want a transcript of the whole article.

S

mtf-shaman

howdy eveyone, just stopping by to see the progressions in the gardens.....

i told you they would work perfectly sandman....lol...oh ye of little faith of bookworms...hehe

JMHO, as a med pt i see no reason to keep a gift and not share, it goes against the retired nurse in me, medicine is medicine and should not be withheld

Last edited:

HarryNugz

Here is Bros Grimm's description of their MTF. I have a pic of the BG MTF, but it's on a word document and can't copy/paste it to post here for comparison. Anyway, I have some of their beans left and wanted to see any similarities/differences.

The Brothers Grimm are happy to offer this mysterious strain after receiving numerous requests. BG began with a clone obtained from an Alaskan biker who has been growing it for years up north. Mantanuska is a 40/60 Sativa/Indica hybrid, bred for an indoor environment. These plants produce enormous, rock-hard buds with an intensely skunky smell and flavor, not to mention the legendary high.

G

Mt crosses...

Mt crosses...

I love Matanuska too! This is the cross I made few years back, Matu Mago (Matanuska Tundra x Malawi Gold)....This plant takes forever to finish but is worth to wait...Nice peach/fruity aroma :yummy: and huge yielder she is!

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=18510 a link to filimagnos grow diary :yes:

-BG-