What's new

Cannatonic genetic

massud

Stealth Grower
Veteran
Hi growers!! I was searching on web some infos about a CBD rich strain...And, obvsiouly, I was reading Resin Seeds website and the description of their Cannatonic...I have a doubt about its genetic...I search here in icmag too, but I found nothing about my question...
Why is everywhere described as MK Ultra x G13 Haze but on their website is written as Reina Madre x NYCD?! What did I lost of her story :biggrin:?! Someone has more infos about her?! I have an old catalogue that I've taken directly from Resin's coffee in Amsterdam some years ago, and it report same thing, MK Ultra x G13 Haze! Thanks!! And sorry for my english, but I don't want to use google translate, I hate it :biggrin:!! Bye!! :wave:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Resin didn't actually breed Cannatonic. They hired that job out to somebody else. I don't recall who but it's documented on the web somewhere. Search the Reina Madre name. You should find some infos from that.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Mass

Reggae Seeds .
Girona Spain . Breeder Senor Jimmy .

I have smoked Resin Seeds keeper cut they call La Sanadora [ the healer ].

Different kind of buzz ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

txuck

Resin didn't actually breed Cannatonic. They hired that job out to somebody else. I don't recall who but it's documented on the web somewhere. Search the Reina Madre name. You should find some infos from that.

Cannatonic is Juanita la lagrimosa from Reggea seeds , breeder Jimmy.
Resin used the clone and changed the name.
Juanita aka cannatonic is a NYD Male from Soma ( is who gives the CBD) and Reina Madre (queen mother) from Delicatessen seeds , Mario Bellandi.

CBD crew just use this clone( juanita) crossed with all they have,,, not too much work in this ,,, is a company between Resin and Shanti, :(

There is a lot of info in the net about this.:tiphat:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran

CBD Crew?

Resin did breed Cannatonic, but there was a mix up about the parentage because someone else lied to Jamie Resin. You may be confusing it with Dieseltonic, which is credited to Freeman who was working pretty much invisibly with Resin and then CBD Crew, but has now made his own company CBD Botanic.
Reggae Seeds now claim that their strains are CBD rich and promote them on this basis, but I severely doubt it and it smells of opportunism. They make some lovely Blue/NYCD crosses that seem to be selected for taste and smell that I really like, for what they are and just for that.

CBD crew just crossed Cannatonic and/or Dieseltonic 6/6 and 7/7 respectively cuts to Mr nice strains while claiming it was all medicinal and had some special breeding which just stunk of egotism and commercial opportunism more than anything

Last edited by a moderator:

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day CC

Breeding and sprouting seeds and finding phenos are two different things .
Jaime says he got the seeds from Jimmy and made a selection .

CBD crew collaborations with other seed banks . Now that was cashing in ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Hola EB

Yes, agree... but IIRC in "the final version of the story" Jamie had been given or sold a bunch of seeds by Soma's ex son in law who had misrepresented their origins, it was never his intention to muddle it up. How he has not managed to update all www texts on the subject, is another matter entirely

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wanted to say Ragae Seeds yesterday but I wasn't going to go look it up and confirm it.
Thanks EB & CC.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I have smoked Resin Seeds keeper cut they call La Sanadora [ the healer ].

Hello Elmer,

Isn't La Sanadora a selection of a Z6 or Z7 (I believe Z7).

And I think it has been documented about one of the parents yet not corrections in all the descriptions.

ECtraveler

Veteran
I find it ironic that the day this thread was started the other half of Resin Seeds (not Jamie) trolls my Instagram account claiming that all my awards belong to Resin Seeds and Cannatonic

"If this wins it's really another award for Resin Seeds and Cannatonic." Cannatonic, a cross that they didn't personally make, used other company's genetics for and whose properties they didn't even know existed until someone else stumbled upon it. Yet my ACDC x Platinum Cookies cross that I spent 2 rounds looking for a selection with the right chemotype/terpene combo of isn't mine.

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Hello Elmer,

And I think it has been documented about one of the parents yet not corrections in all the descriptions.

G`day BH

I think the high CBD cuts in the USA are Z6 / Z7 off spring .
Cannatonic was bred to make Z6 / Z7 .

Then the Z6 / Z7 were femmed and the high CBD cuts isolated .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

massud

Stealth Grower
Veteran
Thanks to all for infos!! Than I understand that:

1- Cannatonic wasn't breed by Resin

2- Resin didn't say the thruth for years about Cannatonic and its genetic

3- All the most famous seedvendors sell Cannatonic as Mk Ultra x G13 Haze again

4- Resin lies essentially for business

5- is it possible that none hadn't some doubt after smoking a joint of Cannatonic?! It's hard to confuse a Diesel genetic with a Kush/Haze, not?

6- now I'm very curious to know their version...But will they answer to my mail?! :laughing:

7- I'll buy a regular seeds pocket from Reggae Seeds :biggrin:!! I think it will be kalijah...

Bye growers!! :wave:

G`day BH

I think the high CBD cuts in the USA are Z6 / Z7 off spring .
Cannatonic was bred to make Z6 / Z7 .

Then the Z6 / Z7 were femmed and the high CBD cuts isolated .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Hello Elmer,

La Sanadora is supposed to a ~1:1 Z7 cut in Spain, not cannatonic. Here's the test thread from where la sanadora was selected:

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/project-z/9681-z7-cbd-test-grow.html

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Thanks to all for infos!! Than I understand that:

1- Cannatonic wasn't breed by Resin

2- Resin didn't say the thruth for years about Cannatonic and its genetic

3- All the most famous seedvendors sell Cannatonic as Mk Ultra x G13 Haze again

4- Resin lies essentially for business

5- is it possible that none hadn't some doubt after smoking a joint of Cannatonic?! It's hard to confuse a Diesel genetic with a Kush/Haze, not?

6- now I'm very curious to know their version...But will they answer to my mail?! :laughing:

7- I'll buy a regular seeds pocket from Reggae Seeds :biggrin:!! I think it will be kalijah...

Bye growers!! :wave:

1. Yes, it was
2. They did the best they could, under the circumstances, from what I have seen/heard
3. Seed vendors have old information, they should update it and Resin should hassle them to do so.
4. No, if Resin (Jamie) wanted to make money they would just sell Cannatonic seeds and not hand all their genetics over to be just a part of the CBD crew would they ?
5. Cannatonic is very similar to NYCD Tangerine cut, same kind of intense peel terpenes, but not quite as intense. It bears no resemblance to [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] MK Ultra x G13 Haze[/FONT] that it was originally tagged as. It also has zero resemblance to Reina Madre or a cross of IMO, so I could never quite understand that idea either
6. Good luck !
Kalijah is lovely lovely weed, you are going to waste hours and hours just smelling her, probably muttering KaliiiiJahhh mmmmmm repeatedly, I certainly did. However, I would seriously bet you cash money that it will not be high in CBD, awesome Blue type smells and tastes, high, yes, great weed, yes, but not a Cannatonic CBD weed alternative. IMO
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]