What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze - Koon's winter haze journey

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Please show us the dried, finished flowers when ready, I'm eagerly awaiting the results! :)

Koondense

Veteran
You'll have to wait some more KGB ;)

Here she is at 93 days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looks the harvest window is open, the trichomes are milky, can be seen in high res pictures. She's drinking less so we're near the end. I think 100 is a nice round number :)

Cheers

rolandomota

Veteran
Naw man I would not harvest this in one week I think 2 min 4 max but that's just how I like my weed nice and ripe your almost their don't lose patience

deepwaterdude

Naw man I would not harvest this in one week I think 2 min 4 max but that's just how I like my weed nice and ripe your almost their don't lose patience

Looks familiar, but better much realized than my last of this strain.

I'd take out the harvest scissors at 100 days, stare at her real hard, menacing-like, then put them away again for a week. Helps them ripen:biggrin:

OZZ_

Veteran
Looks familiar, but better much realized than my last of this strain.

I'd take out the harvest scissors at 100 days, stare at her real hard, menacing-like, then put them away again for a week. Helps them ripen:biggrin:

:laughing::laughing:

I’m going to try this on the next grow lol

Koondense

Veteran
Day 101

Day 101

Hi,
the first update after 100 days, actually it's been 101 days since the flip.
As can be seen she's fading and getting properly ripe, by my standards.
I understand some comments about letting her go for 2 more weeks, surely could see the reason for it. The plant looks almost done, not really 100% but 95% ripe, so I guess now it's up to personal preferences for the kind of high/stone someone prefers.
Since it's my first time with any A5 hybrid, however had a few Malawi hybrids before, I think this plant is inclined on the haze side, that would be the reason for such long flowering. The Malawi should finish faster, NL even a month earlier, so the only lineage involved remains the haze.

The timeline is set, the pics were taken at 101 days of 12/12(+11/13) and she got the last water. Planning to take her at 105-107 days, more favored for 105 days because I like to trim them wet, not too dry.
The smells seem they reached a plateau, not getting any stronger but resin is still pumping and looking whiter and maybe some slightly amberish when looked from close. I always forget to bring my ocular for resin observation.

Killer A5 Haze - 101 days

picture.php

picture.php

The reality is this, I could afford to go over 110 days but have two(actually 3) very vigorous clones from this plant which beg me to run them again, so I guess I'll have to bring them in soon rather than late, they grow really fast already. So that's why I won't go over 107 days, also don't want to see resin degradation and decay.
You can try to change my mind of course ;)

All for now, have a great weekend while staying at home.

Cheers

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
The smoke from these plants should be mind blowing, congratulations!

Koondense

Veteran
Hopefully you're right KGB ;)

Been there today with the intention to harvest...and I couldn't do it.
She's at the point of proper ripeness, noticed the resin is now totally white, the overall color of the plant turned a bit silvery with just minimal rose/magenta undertones. On one spot the calyxes are starting to die, white hairs are just present here and there, so I figure a couple days more can't be a bad thing.
The smell rounded more on the rose perfume/fruit/incense side, less oil and herbs are present now.
I expect to harvest at 107 days, now the timer is 8:30/15:30 and lights are on minimum. Was also thinking of leaving her in the dark but since I tried it before and didn't notice any improvements, it will stay like this.

A5 x Malawi Killer - day 105
picture.php

Next time is harvest time ;)

Cheers

OZZ_

Veteran
What an excellent grow Koon. Bravo ��... looking forward to seeing the finish!

Koondense

Veteran
Chop time!

After 107 days of flowering schedule the Killer A5 lady was harvested.
Too early, too late? I guess the smoke will be the judge but I learnt a lesson in patience and plant observation, in my opinion was the right time for harvest.
Not much to add at this point except a detail about harvest...the smell seemed delicate, nothing scary, definitely not pungent... well, must say that after trimming I went for a walk and I was so happy it was a windy day...noticed my clothes were stinking like crazy of marinated meat and beer, totally delicious and very appealing. Not really liver or intestine, more a mix of high altitude blossoms and a fresh muflon carcass nearby :)
Weird to explain but I sensed that "old school" heavy hippie scent in the air.

A couple of bud pictures taken just before harvest

picture.php

picture.php

Looks and feels heavy, hoping for a good dry weight since I had the bad luck with another plant this round.
So far I'm impressed, will know and report more after drying.

Cheers

OZZ_

Veteran
Chop time!

Too early, too late? I guess the smoke will be the judge but I learnt a lesson in patience and plant observation, in my opinion was the right time for harvest.
Not much to add at this point except a detail about harvest...the smell seemed delicate, nothing scary, definitely not pungent... well, must say that after trimming I went for a walk and I was so happy it was a windy day...noticed my clothes were stinking like crazy of marinated meat and beer, totally delicious and very appealing. Not really liver or intestine, more a mix of high altitude blossoms and a fresh muflon carcass nearby :)

View Image

View Image

Looks and feels heavy, hoping for a good dry weight since I had the bad luck with another plant this round.

Cheers

Drop dead gorgeous. Nothing more to say!:dance013:

Fronk

Chop time!

View Image

View Image

Cheers

Looks great koon!
:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your well deserved harvest Koondense :tiphat:

When you really bring to the limit with the feeding and with the extended flowering time to phenos like yours then the monstrous silverish expressions of Killer A5 Haze can pop up :)

She is going to need a long good curing, but i'm sure the smoke after that will be mind blowing.

Latest posts

Latest posts