What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze - Koon's winter haze journey

Koondense

Veteran
Thank you dubi and Yo Sammy for making this cross! And everybody else for the very kind words ;)
Will keep you updated with a smoke report in summer.
A few minutes ago I just pruned the three clones which will be transplanted as soon as this beauty dries so there will be more KillerA5Haze coming soon.
I'm also soaking a couple of Karma's A5s1 seeds, maybe will add them with the clones or maybe save them for later, got some OHaze and OHaze x Panama soaking too, gonna be a hazy summer I guess ;)

Have a great spring and stay healthy!

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Next round is ready for flowering, these clones grow fast!
I only wish they would flower a bit faster.

picture.php

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Nothing particular, they're under the scrog net now and under 12/12 for two weeks, started to flower a few days ago :)
Will be a long summer, hoping for lower than average temperatures.

Cheers

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey Koon.... looking forward to the smoke report, I flipped mine about two weeks ago.

Have you had a chance to do any sampling yet??

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Ozz,

yes I'm smoking her a few times per week, not too much as i hope to save some bud for until late summer.
I'm smoking all buds i have, circulation is key to have a better idea on differences otherwise the system gets used to one type of high and others can be too demanding sometimes.
Out of everything i smoke nowdays(oaxpan, zam, af zam, thaipan, amnesia, beast lime madness, lemon drizzle..) the Killer A5 Haze seems the more roundly strongest bud of all, some have more strength in specific effects yet the winter haze is a very good smoke for most occasions. Some people find it a bit too strong while some are glad to smoke it and feel high like in the older days.
My personal impression is very positive, the buds are pretty stinky, getting more meaty and salty. There is incense in the air after smoking, a reminder of the early 2000s for me, when i first tried strong indoor weed.
Long lasting, pleasant, active and confusing, not too downy for parties, needs some more cure but it's getting really good.
Side note, i hope to keep a clone but seems this round they won't make it because of algae. Will try cloning a flowering branch, should work as many times before.

Cheers

SamPorter

Great work Koon,
maybe it's my impression but you don't think taking clones in flowering stage and reveg can lost some vigor?:tiphat:

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi Ozz,

yes I'm smoking her a few times per week, not too much as i hope to save some bud for until late summer.
I'm smoking all buds i have, circulation is key to have a better idea on differences otherwise the system gets used to one type of high and others can be too demanding sometimes.
Out of everything i smoke nowdays(oaxpan, zam, af zam, thaipan, amnesia, beast lime madness, lemon drizzle..) the Killer A5 Haze seems the more roundly strongest bud of all, some have more strength in specific effects yet the winter haze is a very good smoke for most occasions. Some people find it a bit too strong while some are glad to smoke it and feel high like in the older days.
My personal impression is very positive, the buds are pretty stinky, getting more meaty and salty. There is incense in the air after smoking, a reminder of the early 2000s for me, when i first tried strong indoor weed.
Long lasting, pleasant, active and confusing, not too downy for parties, needs some more cure but it's getting really good.
Side note, i hope to keep a clone but seems this round they won't make it because of algae. Will try cloning a flowering branch, should work as many times before.

Cheers

Great smoke report Koon, thanks for that. It will be interesting to see how it changes with more cure, if at all. I’ve been noticing my panama has really picked up potency after the three month cure mark. Not that it was lacking before, but the nature of the high has changed and it’s really picked up some noticeable umph, now at around 4-5 months cure.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chop time!

After 107 days of flowering schedule the Killer A5 lady was harvested.
Too early, too late? I guess the smoke will be the judge but I learnt a lesson in patience and plant observation, in my opinion was the right time for harvest.
Not much to add at this point except a detail about harvest...the smell seemed delicate, nothing scary, definitely not pungent... well, must say that after trimming I went for a walk and I was so happy it was a windy day...noticed my clothes were stinking like crazy of marinated meat and beer, totally delicious and very appealing. Not really liver or intestine, more a mix of high altitude blossoms and a fresh muflon carcass nearby :)
Weird to explain but I sensed that "old school" heavy hippie scent in the air.

A couple of bud pictures taken just before harvest

View Image

View Image

Looks and feels heavy, hoping for a good dry weight since I had the bad luck with another plant this round.
So far I'm impressed, will know and report more after drying.

Cheers

Wow that really does look outrageous:)

Koondense

Veteran
Great work Koon,
maybe it's my impression but you don't think taking clones in flowering stage and reveg can lost some vigor?:tiphat:

Hi SamPorter,
in my experience the flowering clones usually take a bit more to root, then stagnate or slow down the flowering process and turn into reveg mode with deformed leaves and soon grow regular shaped leaves.
After that the clone grows with normal vigor compared to the mother.

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense!

For me Killer A5 Haze would be a party killer :D
Glad you and your close circle are so far satisfied with the potency and effects of your harvest :) and that she burns incensey like the old school dutch Hazes .... those were some of the goals with this strain, it can only improve with a 3 month curing.

Hi Ozz,

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Dubi,
it can indeed be a party killer if you get the right pheno, this one however seems to still have some up balance overall; yes it can put you to sleep but can still keep you up wondering about stuff you never thought about :)

A view of the Killer A5 Haze in my spring/summer setup
picture.php

Getting fat and tasty.
Have a great weekend!

Cheers

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Star Crash, they really are amazing buds. Feel greasy and thick, the smoke is great and has very little down effect, 95% up despite hitting hard.

The A5M lives on
View Image

Cheers

Hey Dubi,
it can indeed be a party killer if you get the right pheno, this one however seems to still have some up balance overall; yes it can put you to sleep but can still keep you up wondering about stuff you never thought about :)

View Image

Getting fat and tasty.
Have a great weekend!

Cheers

I think it looks pretty bitchin’ Good:jump:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Dubi,

View Image

Getting fat and tasty.
Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Killing it again m8 well done :good: