What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post Your ACE X's !!!

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Mitsu Genetics and ACE Seeds proudly present the first 5 plants of the new strain Malawi Sun! :cool:

Orange Bud x [Malawi x Northern Lights Auto] = Malawi Sun

View attachment 18759966
View attachment 18759975
View attachment 18759986

🥰

I think this new strain will be something really good, like with my first cross the Orange Bud Male has a good influence with vigorous growth. I'm looking forward to how many female plants i will have and how the Malawi x Northern Lights Auto Influence is when they are flowering. :)
:gift:

20221011_192229-01.jpeg
20221011_192344-01.jpeg
20221011_193221-01.jpeg

(The Malawi Sun Plants are in the brown pots.)

dilettante

Floating Genie x Congo today at 50°N.

I hope it finishes before the end of October. The weather is nice and warm, but somewhat wet. No mold on any of the 5 sisters.

The Floating Genie was from Retardo Motabon, it's (Genius x F13) x F13. Seeds made in 2012.

It was the tallest, most vigorous from the lot. I bent her over.

Turning purple since last week.

100_4011.JPG
100_3992.JPG

100_4010.JPG

Last edited:

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
I think this new strain (Malawi Sun) will be something really good, like with my first cross the Orange Bud Male has a good influence with vigorous growth. I'm looking forward to how many female plants i will have and how the Malawi x Northern Lights Auto Influence is when they are flowering. :)
Unfortunately i had 4 males from 5 seeds! ^^ Not the best start with my new strain... i hope it's just bad luck but in the past i always had more females than males from regular seeds. :unsure:

You can see my Malawi Sun plants here:

✌️

Shua1991

I germinated 45 [(Plushberry x Cuvee f2) x Golden Tiger] seeds in rapid rooters, a day or two before they get transferred into containers, I'm hoping they have more of the mother plant's terps and more of the Golden Tiger male's long lasting effects. Early December they should be ready for flowering and finish around the end of february.

Last edited:

@peace

I am really happy with the Malawi (female) x Nepal Jam (male) cross I tried outdoors (Ace already made this, it is Red Sapphire, but I never bought seeds when they were available). I was going for something mold tolerant that is good for hash washing. These plants are beyond mold tolerant. I live in between two great lakes in southern Ontario, Canada. As well as being along a river. All that moisture in the air in the fall brings a lot of mold and our summers tend to bring on PM. I lost most of my commercial hybrids to PM or mold this year. I harvested the last plant yesterday (Oct. 27) at 43 N. It has faced numerous frosts and terrible 7 C drizzly rain weather. There are different pheno's in these, notably a berry gum smelling one and a lime/ gingerbread smelling one. I have already tried some indoor samples, the high is very clear and motivating with no real come down, the gum one is a bit heavier but not much.

Here is the one harvested yesterday, it is the gum pheno, zero bud rot:

1666964421802.png

Does anybody else measure their plants by the sleigh full? This is a lime pheno from a week ago.

1666964647498.png

This is a lime side branch.

1666964697441.png

Here is a different gum pheno harvested a couple of weeks ago, picture from a month or two ago. It was literally over 8' wide, the branches are so strong though, none broke.

1666964790021.png

Finally a trimmed lime bud

1666964837873.png

After a few months curing I will post a smoke report and in the new year I will start washing and dry sifting. Thanks to to ace team for making these breeders packs available, now I have lb's until next season.

Shua1991

[Plushberry x Cuvee f2] x Golden Tiger- Mango pheno)

After re-potting the seedlings from rapid rooters into cups I gave the seedlings a smell test, a few are really woody/fresh cut bark smells, others are Mango smelling and a few have the coffee/chocolate smells their mother had, all of the chocolate smelling plants display purple hues on the undersides of the initial leafs like their mother plant. Only 2 plants have unique cherry spicy(cumin) terps from 44 total, the pepper smelling plants are almost always garbage from my experience, I will wait and see come flowering time. A few already appear to be producing resin on leafs.

Last edited:

Shua1991

One of my (Gashmoygle x Golden Tiger) seedlings was showing symptoms of "Tobacco mosaic virus" infection so I culled it, I plan on keeping a close eye on the remaining 40+ seedlings over the next few days, I just got done sterilizing a 6 month infestation of spider mites and was worried they may have returned, but that isn't the case, an inspection showed zero mites on any of the plants, so they're not back in any capacity. I'm wondering how 1/40+ plants got it? It would be terrible if the rest started showing symptoms, I'd have to start from scratch on another 50 seeds, considering I've got about 400 left I'm not worried about it other than the 2 weeks I've already invested.

It's possible the rooters or soil had infected the plant somehow, viroids are such a pain in the ass, there's almost nothing that I can do to prevent them given my grow environment.

Indica dominant phenotype- smells like wine cork, red wine, spice.
20221113_210007.jpg

More Golden Tiger dominant pheno- smells of rotting Mango, funky for 2 weeks old, definitely keeping an eye on these funky plants.

20221113_210042.jpg

Last edited:

Slebban

Malawi x pck x cm x gdp 1 resize.png
Malawi x pck x cm x gdp 2 resize.png

Been lurking for a couple of years and here goes my first post.
Malawi x Pck (completely green pheno) X Critical Mass x GDP. Week 11 of 11/13.
The plant smells like pungent chocolate with hints of berry when the soil is moist, and more to the fermented fruit and gas side when letting the soil dry up a bit. Nutrients: compost and leaf mold fermentation soup.
Under cmh/hps.