What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Seed Scrimmage

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Quick Comparison

Quick Comparison

What's up, sleepy, B/R, and my good friend -RS- !! :wave:

I am enjoying all of your threads :joint:

Nice comeback sleepy!
Looking forward to the upcoming test run B/R--nice job on the seedpacks (feel free to drop some pics here if you'd like)
You rock -RS---beautiful buds in your show :D

Check this out....

I got my UKPC from my friend's plant--which came from a club. She did well outside. I didn't see the TW in her til she came inside.
By the way, my friend told me it was GDP--then said it was The Purps :biglaugh:
He's not a weed snob like we are--just likes pot that tastes good --tastes purple :D -- and gets him high. Glad I preserved her.

My TW Mother

Side by side--TW to your left, Purple Clone to the right

Came up with an idea for a quick experiment--and problem pic resource/reference​

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
A Quick Experiment

A Quick Experiment

For a 'coco nutrient problem pic resource' I would like to see the visual changes when plants are overdosed on N, Ca, and K respectively.
I'll double each respective element for the test plants. And ramp up each respective element on each respective test plant (if need be) until we see visual signs of nutrient disorder (lockout).

Baseline Shots

Side

Lower Growth

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
The Test Plants and Test Nutrient Products

The Test Plants and Test Nutrient Products

They're very thirsty right now and will suck this upcoming toxic feeding right on up :D
So we'll see the outcome pretty quick

Using Nitrex (OMRI) for the N overdose

CalPlex (OMRI) for Ca

Pro-Silicate for K

peace​

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey man, thanks for the invite... That trainwreck you have, have you run that one in the past? I've heard people who have grown it out have mixed feelings on it. Like to see those omri listed nutes... big fan of the organic route... I'll have to check out that calpex, is it close to calmag? The grow store I go to don't carry botanicare so I have to order it online. I'm currently using nature's nectar, 3 part system with a 2 part bloom booster in mid flower. I'm interested in this test your running...

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Yes the opinions and experiences vary greatly, B/R. Someone recently told me it didn't get them high--I sent him a batch from a bad grow--but, local friends loved it :confused: I think everyone is correct. Many members have not been impressed with TW, and have said so publicly. It's not the most potent strain I've grown. But there are other things I like. Easy trim. Can be taken early and still get me high. That strong lemon pine smell. There are so many variables that affect the smoking experience of any strain, well, I feel it's subjective. TW stimulates my appetite, and gets me high and thinking--cerebral high. It reminds me of shit I use to smoke back in the day where I grew up (Sativas). Best TW I ever smoked was some organic TW I got at a club in the Bay I once frequented--I coulda wrote a novel in a day smokin' that shit. As a small personal grower, the opinions of the masses, ultimately, are irrelevant. TW will always be in my garden.
-VT- said:
I'm ditching Cal/Mag+ altogether for the CalPlex/Sweet combo. Cal/Mag+ has the sulfur content (good in coco) and the iron (good in hydro with pumps that are not grounded). The Sweet has Mg and Sulfur, and of course the Cal/Plex has the Ca (Calcium Carbonate)
I'll add that CalPlex has no N, whereas Cal/Mag+ has 2%N
CalMag+ has Ca Nitrate--and the CalPlex has Calcium Carbonate (as cited above)--another difference

Hey there, buzzed day. You're rockin' in your show (literally--nice guitar) That Scrog is a work of art. Awesome job, man. Yea, the idea is to make them look bad, lol. I predict the Ca overdose will show signs first--immediately (it already is). K is vital for delivering the nutes to the plant. The Ca being immobile the signs will show at the top of the plant immediately I predict
The N plant, I expect, will take the longest to show burn

ooga booga

Good show so far. I've noticed the calcium carbonate based products (incl. Cutting Edge Solutions' product), and been considering them for flower.

I see you're using the 8oz sample bottles of the Organicare line; hit me up if you're ever in the area, I have another whole set + lots more stuff (like the Pura Vida, Cutting Edge, etc) if you want 'em.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Welcome to the show badugi. :wave:
I'm gonna raise the roof for my bloom space--literally :biglaugh: The c99 is getting 'bolo'. She's at 20" now and will be over 2' when I flip. I'll need the overhead space.

W

Weedman Herb

Hey ... someone put crusty popcorn nugs in the popcorn ... (as Herb passes to the left after loading a fat 1 up) Let's Smoke Em

Last edited:

reddy1

ICMag Donor
looking good man, nice upgrade on to the cool tube. thinking about a duel tube myself. waiting to see those test plants get burned. glad they're not mine.

i want to try calplex and other organicare products someday. does it contain any other minerals? i'm a calmag+ user myself but don't care for the added nitrogen. i have to stop using it 3-4 weeks before they're done. otherwise taste will suffer. i'm pretty happy with my fox farm stuff. my garden is in full bloom these days, indicas are especially nice in the winter, you know where to find me.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Hard as hell to intentionally burn plants with Organicare--damn, lol. The Ca overdosed plant shows the signs I expected. The other two still look good.
Gonna go with a 6 x 6. Allows me 2.5' width per plant--with the canopy 6" from the tube. Canopy penetration is key for me.
I need Indicas--won't be keeping the Legends mountain mix, so if something looks good during flower--better shout fast.

I'll be introducing new clones to the thread over the holidays if all goes well. Gonna take a road trip--see ya when I get back.

late

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
The Seed Scrimmage--Happy Thanksgiving buzzed day

The Seed Scrimmage--Happy Thanksgiving buzzed day

buzzed day, thank you very much. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Enjoy the Holidaze, brotha :wave:

Well, the clone thing didn't work out... *sigh*

Back to The Seed Scrimmage--more beans from emmy

One last veg shot of Cindy taken recently

wallyduck c99
after transition--Happy Holidaze!
:wave:
peace​

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
K:Ca Imbalance--Experiment results

K:Ca Imbalance--Experiment results

Early signs (with my plants/nutrient products) are the small bumps on the leaves
If you look closely--you can see them

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Technaflora's Pura Vida--Transition Phase

Technaflora's Pura Vida--Transition Phase

6 Plants :joint:
For transition I switched to Pura Vida, Calplex, Sweet, Fulvex (1% Mg), & Nitrex
6 plants in a 6 x 6
The goal--8 ounces dry

Cindy over 2'--wonder if she'll catch up to the others in height during transition

peace​

Last edited:

rooted

whatup bud :wave:

those are going to put out way more than 8oz

to this day i've never smoked TW or c99 but i know you'll do them justice

glad to see some updates i need to check back here more often :D

peace :joint:

emmy75

hey -VT-

plants are HUGE. wow seems like you only started a few weeks ago. all looks good

which plants are having the imbalance. im not sure what u use but i might suggest azomite. this is the greatest stuff to take care of micronutes. i grow in peat and azomite balances everything out.

anyway plants are lookin great