What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Seed Scrimmage

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Well,

I sure as hell need the practice. I'm going to document as much of it as possible--oh, yea, I'm in the grow diary forum. I've eaten a tuna fish sa'mich--and said a prayer for the dead.
A few seedlings are left standing. I want (well, I need) to make some practice seeds for this scrimmage, so I can order seeds from the pros--after achieving--hopefully--marginal success during this self imposed 'Seed Scrimmage'.

-pure coco hand watered rtw
-400w veg
-Seed bloom closet will be 400w hps--flower tent (ladies only)1K hps
-Vegging with Pure Blend Original Soil Bloom, Cal/Mag+, tap/ro, enzymes, Bti, & Super T
-No silica until bloom
-LateTransition and Flower phase I'm running Pura Vida, from Technoflora
-Plants were Sprouted/cloned in coco

Wallyduck's c99 Seedbay Freebie

peace​

Last edited:

emmy75

:wave: hey -VT- nice to see you on the boards again.

oh that poor c99. looks like u had some trouble with it. lookin better now and hopefully wont give u any more trouble. in the future.

those widow and haze cross are lookin good. dont let the size deceive u into thinking it might be a male cuase its the biggest. my last two grows the biggest and most vigorous growing plants always turned out to be females. thus i dubbed them the amazons heehee

might i suggest u grow one or two plants purely for seed runs. ill be doing that in a couple of grows just to build up my supply.

good luck with these grows and u know ill be watching :muahaha:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Glad you made it over here....

Glad you made it over here....

What's up, sista'--I see you got my invite. I'm making some seeds this run--gonna let Thunk male(s) pollinate my females (TW, UKPC, and any females from seed) for F1 hybrids
I just transplanted the smaller ww x ssh to a 1 gal bag.
That bigger ww x ssh is the most vigorous vegger I've ever had. I think I see male pre-flowers on it--the other looks to be throwing out pistils--we'll see soon. That's your strain, so I won't make seeds with it 'cause I can always get it from you :smile: --so I should make something different for us.
I hope you're right about the c99, lol.
emmy75 said:
good luck with these grows and u know ill be watching :muahaha:
:wink:

Last edited:

rooted

VT, best of luck with the beanlings man, i was wondering what the hell you were up to :D

not sure what your method to madness is.......

ever tried rapid rooters? i've had lots of success starting seeds in them. i still germinate in paper towels but as soon as they crack open i plant them in the plug.

i always start them in the smallest container i can.....starting them in a 12oz cup means they will stay wetter for longer; which greatly increases chances of damping off.

enzymes help too, especially if you're recycling your coco

hope this helps :wave:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
c99 Update

c99 Update

What's up, rooted
I transplant up--when the roots start drying out the container I transplant up. I've been doing that for some time now. I propagate in coco--and not interested, at the moment, in any other method(s). Admittedly, I've never tried rapid rooters, but hear good things about them. I feel most comfortable with coco. And I don't want to be scattered trying a "method a week" approach. Gonna stay focused on what feels right--coco.
Thanks much for the input, as it is appreciated, brotha :wave:

I started using enzymes about 4 years ago....only time(s) I have not is when I lacked the resources to procure enzyme products. Technaflora's Pura Vida has undergone an enzymatic process (for those interested)--so, in bloom I won't be using enzymes.

The key in coco (for my grows) is the K:Ca ratio. I finally had some time to learn the nute calculator. I am unsure if I fully understand--extremely difficult and complicated stuff....I had my mix beforehand (reading the plants)--now I can simply speak in another "language".

PBP Bloom for Soil combined with Cal/Mag+ is the closest a PBP user can get to the "Lucas" mix--actually very close with the exception of the P target...to do so one would mix PBP Soil Bloom with Cal/Mag+ at a 3:2 ratio (15ml:10ml /gal). The lucas mix doesn't work in coco for me--a Ca thing
^^^That mix has too much K --in ppm's >>>K174:Ca133--too much K. I like it near 1:1. Now my "modified" PBP Lucas mix is:

10 ml/gal PBP Soil
10 ml/gal Cal/Mag+
ro/tap
(I can boost N with a Pure Blend organic compost--similar to Liquid Karma, but more concentrated)

Profile: N99 P49 K116 MG 48 Ca119

seedlings/clones get 50%, mid-veg 75%

So, that's why I veg with bloom nutes (Been doing that for a lil' while now)
--because the plants don't need the extra N. I also double P levels using bloom nutes--even moreso with PBP soil bloom than I did with PBP hydro-organic bloom.

c99 update shots

I'll be back--with some more pictures​

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Emmy75's ww x ssh Update

Emmy75's ww x ssh Update

All the plants are in 1 gal bags, finally
This shot has the purple clone on the left, ww x ssh female in the middle, and ww x ssh male on the right

Two Thunks were males, but too tall and lanky for my liking--they were chopped
The bushy one I liked is a girl--here she is (on the right) next to emmy's ww x ssh(male) to her left

c99 (on the left) transplanted to 1 gal bag

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Wallyducks c99 F7, Unknown Purple Clone, & Emmys ww x ssh UPDATE

Wallyducks c99 F7, Unknown Purple Clone, & Emmys ww x ssh UPDATE

Only one of 5 wallyduck c99's survived. I've been through this before with cindy. The lone baby turns out to be hardy, strong, and female--I'm very happy to have her :smile: She showed sex at the 9th node. In these shots she's at 10" tall. She'll be flipped at about 18"--I wish I had space to veg her bigger.

Wallyducks F7 c99

peace​

Last edited:

reddy1

ICMag Donor
cool strain selection. that c99 is one lucky mofo. it's really defied the odds and survived as a hardy plant. pests love c99 so be prepared. lots of branches may be helped with some extra training.

everything looks great so far. can't wait to see those flowers man.

do you turn your pots with that vert. light? do you fan it from below or above? i have 3 lights vertical and don't turn em' or direct fan as the temps are ok. was wondering if this may help?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
c99 Training

c99 Training

What's up, reddy1. I intake from below and exhaust from the top. I think it's best for my setup.
I still need a "prawn connery" style fan in the middle--old one died on me.
I rotate the bags when the plants start to lean.

Thanks for the c99 tips. I'll prune for colas after transition. I'd like a nice 4 foot bush with thick colas.

B

buzzed day

hey vt,i looked for you a little while back and the search for i could pm you and it couldn't find you.just wanted to know how you were and said a pray for you.GLAD TO SEE YOU ALRIGHT. plants look great as always and still growing in coco i see.hope you have a buzzed day.peace

ooga booga

Awesome notes & details. :yes:

Could you please elaborate on the "no silica 'til bloom" part? (Reasoning, that is.)

Will you be adding Ca/Mg or anything else to the Pura Vida?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
potential excess K from silica products

potential excess K from silica products

Good to see some familar handles--and some new ones. Good to see everybody--you're all welcome--damn good to see you guys :wave:

ooga booga said:
Could you please elaborate on the "no silica 'til bloom" part? (Reasoning, that is.)
The potential for a K:Ca imbalance. Silica Blast from Botanicare has 2% K (what I'm used to in veg), but Grotek has almost double the amount of K when compared to Silica Blast --->>> To the tune of 3.8%--37 elemental ppm's of K
The Grotek brand is better for flower, with my nutrient regimen. These observations are subjective, the variables being source water and nutrient profile--add to that marijuana's wide range of nutrient profiles that purportedly work well for growers, as was pointed out in the Angelfire article.

Will you be adding Ca/Mg or anything else to the Pura Vida?
Yes. Pura Vida has no cal/mag--so I'll be using a combination of CalPlex/Sweet.

I'm ditching Cal/Mag+ altogether for the CalPlex/Sweet combo. Cal/Mag+ has the sulfur content (good in coco) and the iron (good in hydro with pumps that are not grounded). The Sweet has Mg and Sulfur, and of course the Cal/Plex has the Ca (Calcium Carbonate)

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Installed Cooltube

Installed Cooltube

Got Thunk and ww x ssh in 5 gal bags. Gonna do the two Legends Indicas in 3 gal bags. The corner slots are most important, and will be filled nicely.

I'm told the ww x ssh has a bit of stretch (she's 25" tall now). I'm hoping sidelighting, foliar feeding fulvexduring transition, and cool temps tame her--if not I'll prune the top and go for fat lats.

You can see the 'Thunk' in the bottom right corner (went to 5 gal bag)--Legends Mountain Mix lady just to her right (well, left for us viewing the picture, lol) I topped Thunk--she was getting too tall.

Looks like we're a few days from transition phase--and Pura Vida

reddy1 said:
do you fan it from below or above? I have 3 lights vertical and don't turn em' or direct fan as the temps are ok. was wondering if this may help?
Decided to go with a cooltube with 4" Fans on both ends

peace​

Last edited:

Sleepy

Veteran
nice... i usually don't care for popcorn, but i'll give it a try...:lurk: :lurk: :lurk:

hehehe

still looking great! :jump:

Latest posts

Latest posts