Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Florida > Happy to be here...finally

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Barney's Farm
Happy to be here...finally Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2016, 07:21 PM #1
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Happy to be here...finally

Just wanted to say, so happy to be here finally. The southern block was finally broken.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights arenít rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:12 PM #2
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
But you can bet when they finally get this thing fired up, this no grow deal will really suck. The weed at the few restricted dispensaries will be hugely expensive and nasty schwag too, taxed to death, and full of chemicals. And they will want you to get a card so you can be on some damn gubment list (which I will never do). But at least it's a start. And I imagine a lot of dispensaries failing and then they'll say, "See?, Nobody wants it". But actually they'll fail not because people don't want weed, but because of all the huge regulation and nasty schwag they'll offer. But again, it's a start.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

-

-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:41 PM #3
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 is just really niceBadfishy1 is just really niceBadfishy1 is just really niceBadfishy1 is just really niceBadfishy1 is just really niceBadfishy1 is just really niceBadfishy1 is just really niceBadfishy1 is just really niceBadfishy1 is just really niceBadfishy1 is just really niceBadfishy1 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaver View Post
But you can bet when they finally get this thing fired up, this no grow deal will really suck. The weed at the few restricted dispensaries will be hugely expensive and nasty schwag too, taxed to death, and full of chemicals. And they will want you to get a card so you can be on some damn gubment list (which I will never do). But at least it's a start. And I imagine a lot of dispensaries failing and then they'll say, "See?, Nobody wants it". But actually they'll fail not because people don't want weed, but because of all the huge regulation and nasty schwag they'll offer. But again, it's a start.
Gotta say bud, I am working w a group to grow as a legal grow. Keep your head up fam! Most looking to get into industry are all looking to be the total opposite of your fears
Badfishy1 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:51 PM #4
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfishy1 View Post
Gotta say bud, I am working w a group to grow as a legal grow. Keep your head up fam! Most looking to get into industry are all looking to be the total opposite of your fears
I'd wager that SOME not MOST are looking to produce good quality products.

You've got to remember that every bit of the lagalization that is currently happening is mostly being designed by investors for the express purpose of snatching up as much capitol as possible.

Uf legislation was being designed by consumers the market would get ripped open for all to participate freely.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2016, 04:01 PM #5
dddaver

Of course investors, or commercial growers, or dispensary owners are going to say it'll be great. But the proof will be in the pudding actually. I know Florida. ANYTHING new or innovative is squashed. So why does anyone think this will be any different?. Right now it's just talk anyway, by anybody involved. And if past history of the way Florida does things, and people really need to believe that, they WILL screw the pooch.

My county has already moved against any dispensaries opening here for at least 6 mos. But you know, once they see the money to be had, they'll be into it. And just yesterday they had hearings in Tallahassee about cannabis and among the people presenting there were the anti-Amd. 2 group. Why? They lost. It's too late. The overwhelming majority of the people want MMJ. So why listen to them now? That just goes to show how these political creeps, and ultra conservatives are going to handle this. And I'm afraid it ain't good. But just like Trump, I'm willing to give the idiots a chance. I will most likely ignore most of it anyway.

And I think if anyone in Florida really wants any quality MMJ, they best just grow their own or become a part of a small caregivers group.

DAV -

-

-George Carlin

"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2016, 04:27 PM #6
gbauto

gbauto is on a distinguished road
I look at FL as an important step to getting the 'backward-ass South' that has been my home for all of my life to change. I think that the biggest hurdle will be the politicians who cling to the 'save the children' dogma still have sway here. I hope that people will finally realize the cannabis isn't the threat that they have been sold.
Until then...I grow my own.
gbauto is offline Quote

Old 01-02-2017, 04:07 PM #7
dddaver

I know the Department of Health has 6 months to set up regulations in FL, but I wonder if any doctors have even received any guidance on issuing recommendations? Or if anyone in this state will actually get any MMJ tomorrow when the new law is supposed to take effect? Certainly not around here, I know.

This won't be pretty. I can't wait to laugh at seeing $400/zip at the dispensaries that actually took only a few bucks to produce. Oh well, baby steps I guess.

DAV -

-

-George Carlin

"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 01-03-2017, 06:07 PM #8
dddaver

Man, the money game starts. Today is the first day MMJ is legal here but then I see a "doctor" who barely speaks English so bad I had a hard time understanding her, on some early morning news show, saying now you need 2 separate doctors to recommend it. So now you have to pay 2 quacks annually even before you pay the gubment annually for a card. Whatever.

It seems they miss the whole intent here, which is to help the sick people who usually have limited incomes because they are sick, so can't pay all these stupid fees. Duh!

Somebody tell me FL politics is not a joke and I might just die laughing,

DAV -

-

-George Carlin

"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 01-03-2017, 08:07 PM #9
dddaver

I just looked at the FL Dept. of Health website. Yep, they now say a rec. requires 2 doctors, and you also need to be a patient first for 3 mos. My doc that I have seen for 10 years isn't even on their list. Oh well.

Then:
The medical use of low-THC cannabis or medical cannabis does NOT include the following:
  • The possession, use or administration of low-THC cannabis or medical cannabis by smoking.
So no smoking? God, how stupid. What a joke.

The Dept. of Health also states on their website that only TERMINAL patients qualify, not having the DEBILITATING ILLNESSES the constitutional amendment clearly states. I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that breaks the law. They were tasked to set a program up, not interpret the law.

I knew they would screw this pooch.

DAV -

-

-George Carlin

"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 01-03-2017, 08:31 PM #10
meadowman

meadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nice
their only intent is money dave, sadly.
meadowman is online now Quote