What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor?

W

Water-

Water if you think the Aldo fight was fake you have zero credibility in a mma discussion.

There have been many people predicting and wishing for the demise of Conor and he has remained on top.

MMA has a lot of paper, rock and scissors to it. Nate Diaz was tall, longed armed, skilled stand-up and has a great chin. He is paper to Conor's rock.

Khabib is shorter, shorter arms, weak stand-up game and has a suspect chin. His takedown skills are a style that Conor defends well against. Mendes had single and double leg technique that works some against Conor. But Mendes could not keep him down and took a canvas nap.

Khabib could win. However, I would risk some good money on Conor winning but I wouldn't bet a dime that Khabib will win.

Now Khabib is saying he is going to keep the fight going and humble CM. That he won't choke him out of his misery like Conor wanted Diaz to do. That is a bad strategy against Conor because at the beginning of each round they are standing.

Where does your credibility come from?

iTarzan

By knowing that Aldo was too good of a fighter and too proud of a man and fighter to take a dive like you accused Aldo of doing, I don't automatically lose credibility like you do.

Aldo did not take a dive. That is ridiculous.

W

Water-

By knowing that Aldo was too good of a fighter and too proud of a man and fighter to take a dive like you accused Aldo of doing, I don't automatically lose credibility like you do.

Aldo did not take a dive. That is ridiculous.

You know Aldo?

You have no credibility to loose. It only exists in your mind.

Money is a very powerful incentive.

especially when you are talking about millions of US dollars.

sorry my opinion makes you upset.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

G `day Water

Much like the ganja world there are casuals and the hard core fans in MMA.

Saying Jose Aldo took a dive is not the way to join the ranks of the hard core .

Marc Coleman and others did take a dive in Pride FC in Japan run by the Yakuza . I haven`t seen anything like that with the UFC .

iT and I have disagreed about MMA numerous times . I side with him this time though .

Conor has a brown belt in BJJ . I don`t doubt his MMA Ju Jitsu
is at a higher level than his BJJ wearing a GI .

I think this could be the male version of Rhonda vs Holly . The bull getting played by the matador .

And for all the folks eating up the propaganda about Khabib`s mental toughness . Look up his 1st loss in Sambo on You Tube . He starts crying and is inconsolable . Then he quit the sport entirely .

His Gym AKA have had Cain Velasquez, Luke Rockhold , Daniel Cormier as champs .
So they know how to win . But all three of those guys have lost fights as well .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

W

Water-

You've said that Before Mrs Babba... :) :biglaugh: . He Does get Personal with the Opponents.

[Relating to this "Strong Minded" Folk Like "Khabib" will know That they are jus words - and so "Performance" will not be Effected]

I dont like the Bragging Aspect he seems to Constantly bring :nono: .
Lots of Delusion mixed in.L O L

(... Water EB "knows his Stuff" - jus saying "not competitive" but trains mma. )
TheIre was no Fakeness with the Aldo KO (Conors words did "Knorr" at him tho poor chap) .That Dude your talking about was called Chad Mendez (saw a recap recently) He did take him down Quite often n easily but was unable too a few times. "Since then" CMG's Take Down Defense has Improved loads ,as Shown Against on the Nate Diaz Rematch . (Strong looking legs! However Cannot forsee KN Will have anyProb in Taking him too the Canvas)
-
Kodi? Your Irish! ...not GreenGrass by any Chance?

I think you may be confusing Mrs Babba with BabbaBud.

W

Water-

G `day Water

Much like the ganja world there are casuals and the hard core fans in MMA.

Saying Jose Aldo took a dive is not the way to join the ranks of the hard core .

Marc Coleman and others did take a dive in Pride FC in Japan run by the Yakuza . I haven`t seen anything like that with the UFC .

iT and I have disagreed about MMA numerous times . I side with him this time though .

Conor has a brown belt in BJJ . I don`t doubt his MMA Ju Jitsu
is at a higher level than his BJJ wearing a GI .

I think this could be the male version of Rhonda vs Holly . The bull getting played by the matador .

And for all the folks eating up the propaganda about Khabib`s mental toughness . Look up his 1st loss in Sambo on You Tube . He starts crying and is inconsolable . Then he quit the sport entirely .

His Gym AKA have had Cain Velasquez, Luke Rockhold , Daniel Cormier as champs .
So they know how to win . But all three of those guys have lost fights as well .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I meant the UFC not MMA in general.

I am not anti connor at all.

I am not looking to join anyones ranks.

I have wrestled and later practiced MMA since I was 7 years old and I base my opinion on my own experience.
I may be wrong. But I think the UFC is a huge money making machine and the history of payed fighting shows that it is not an uncommon thing for someone to take a dive.

I hope I am wrong

Elmer Bud

Veteran
I meant the UFC not MMA in general.

I am not anti connor at all.

I am not looking to join anyones ranks.

I have wrestled and practiced MMA since I was 7 years old and I base my opinion on my own experience.
I may be wrong. But I think the UFC is a huge money making machine and the history of payed fighting shows that it is not an uncommon thing for someone to take a dive.

I hope I am wrong

G `day Water

Oh its def all about the money .
Not always the best meeting the best . DC vs Brock for example .

But like I said I haven`t perceived any worked fights in the UFC .

If I did get the notion it was a foregone conclusion I don`t think I would be a fan any longer .

Judging is another kettle of fish altogether . Easier to influence judges than fighters and less chance of getting caught . Or people like you , saying it was a fix, the guy let himself get KOd . No ,judging is a mystery .

I have exp in martial arts and street fighting myself . That helps with insight . But more than that I eat up analysis from guys who are the experts eg BJJ Scout . And watch technique videos regularly .Read MMA forums every day . As well as watched most every season of TUF . I`m informed

A difference between boxing and MMA . MMA has companies . Boxing is individual events .
I have seen one worked fight in the USA in Elite XC . It made Kimbo Slice and his entourage very rich .

Special circumstance where the betting odds changed radically because of a last minute replacement opponent .
Now if Conor took a dive against Mendes that would be a big money spinner . But it didn`t happen .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

iTarzan

sorry my opinion makes you upset.

I'm not upset. I find your Aldo took a dive theory unwarranted. Back then the Conor haters said Aldo was stupid and Conor got lucky. Now years later, you, another Conor hater is trying to sell Aldo took a dive. I don't know why you don't just talk a bout how freakin good Khabib is and you think he will win. The odds makers agree with you. He is +140 favorite and CM is a -160 underdog. Why add the other crap just to hate on Conor. There are a few CM fan's on here. Back when Conor came to the UFC and was building steam I think the only 2 posters that were on the Conor bandwagon were Bird and I.

We took all kinds of heat defending CM. We said we thought he would beat Mendes and the cyber laughter was loud. When he won they said Mendes was stupid, gassed and CM got lucky. There was a pattern. LOL!

Conor won the respect of some of the naysayers on here. They might not be fans of his but they know he can fight.

iTarzan

Here is something people might find interesting to discuss. The betting odds of this fight.

If you think Khabib will win then the odds are perfectly logical to you and nothing to disuss.

If you think Conor is going to win you probably think it will be the way I see it happenig. I think McGregor is going to win easily. I think it will be a total destruction of Khabib. A stand up beating for a bit and then a late 1st round or second round knockout or ref stoppage.

I don't understand how the odds makers have Khabib a favorite at +140 and Conor a -160 underdog. This would actually keep me from betting on McGreggor. It seems like easy money. It makes me doubt my analysis of this fight. How can the bookies be so wrong. They are very good at what they do. What am I missing?

Would be very interested in hearing other people's opinions on these betting odds.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day iT

That `s one I just don`t get the thing about Vegas odds .
Just tell me how much I win for every dollar I bet . eg bet 1 win 2 = 2 to 1 I bet 1 win - 5 = 5 to 1 . Like horse racing . This $100 bet system is irregular .

I have read explanations of Vegas odds several times , still baffles me .
Book makers don`t always go with form or record , there is the emotional factor in that they have to balance the books . Against the hype .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I

Ignignokt

+140 means to win $1 you must wager $1.40, So if you bet $14 you will get $24 returned.

-160 means for $1 wager you win $1.60, bet $10 and get $26 returned.

(I think....)

iTarzan

If you bet $100 on Conor(-160) you win $160 and if you want to bet Khabib (+140) you have to bet $140 to win $100.

In your $1 example Ignig you are off a bit. If you bet $10 on Conor you would win $16 and if you bet $14 on Khabib you would win $10.

I am shocked that Conor is the underdog. He was the underdog from the beginning. When he fought Aldo I think he was near a -1400 underdog. This time Conor is a known quanity and they still have him an underdog. Khabid has never been in a fight this big against an opponent this good. The spotlight has never been this bright and hot for Khabib before. This is just another day at the office for McGreggor.
Khabib says he is going to be talking to Conor. Make him humble. Slap him some. He talks to everybody in the ring. The other fighter, Dana and the corner people.

This fight should be highly entertaining no matter who wins.

W

Water-

I'm not upset. I find your Aldo took a dive theory unwarranted. Back then the Conor haters said Aldo was stupid and Conor got lucky. Now years later, you, another Conor hater is trying to sell Aldo took a dive. I don't know why you don't just talk a bout how freakin good Khabib is and you think he will win. The odds makers agree with you. He is +140 favorite and CM is a -160 underdog. Why add the other crap just to hate on Conor. There are a few CM fan's on here. Back when Conor came to the UFC and was building steam I think the only 2 posters that were on the Conor bandwagon were Bird and I.

We took all kinds of heat defending CM. We said we thought he would beat Mendes and the cyber laughter was loud. When he won they said Mendes was stupid, gassed and CM got lucky. There was a pattern. LOL!

Conor won the respect of some of the naysayers on here. They might not be fans of his but they know he can fight.

sounds like maybe you have a some sort of crush on him.
calm down.

I already wrote that I dont hate connor so your little rant is pointless.

I couldn't care less who they decide which is the winner, actually.

I just want to see a good MMA fight not a boxing match.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
sounds like maybe you have a some sort of crush on him.
calm down.

I already wrote that I dont hate connor so your little rant is pointless.

I couldn't care less who they decide which is the winner, actually.

I just want to see a good MMA fight not a boxing match.

G `day Water

Keep that up and I`ll report you to Gypsy for using Ad Hominems . ha ha ha .
He has a thing about Ad Hominems you know .

The ball not the man bro .

What about the 165 lb Championship ?
Nate Diaz vs Dustin Porrier . That is a good fight right there .

Thanks for sharin

EB

W

Water-

G `day Water

Keep that up and I`ll report you to Gypsy for using Ad Hominems . ha ha ha .
He has a thing about Ad Hominems you know .

The ball not the man bro .

What about the 165 lb Championship ?
Nate Diaz vs Dustin Porrier . That is a good fight right there .

Thanks for sharin

EB

that fight might be better.

i have no idea who will win but i just watched Nate beat down connor pretty badly, so he can hit hard... but so can Dustin

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Folks

Conor turning the screws .
Says if khabib can`t make the weight he`s open to fight Tony Ferguson or Anthony Pettis from the under card .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

iTarzan

Everybody and their brother in the world of mma is predicting Khabib. There is a scattering of people saying Conor. I have read maybe 20 predictions from trainers and fighters and only 3 have said Conor.

This is going to escalate the buys on this fight. The sales will be fueled by people wanting to see Conor get a beating and his mouth shut. They will buy it confidently thinking they will get what they paid for.

It is hard for me to believe that if Conor wins it is going to shock the world. I would have thought the other way around. But the world is expecting a Khabib victory.

iTarzan

G `day Folks

Conor turning the screws .
Says if khabib can`t make the weight he`s open to fight Tony Ferguson or Anthony Pettis from the under card .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Khabib better make weight or face the chicken clucking calls from McGregor and his fans.

shithawk420

Veteran
I fight for real in the streets so I don't know their stats.can anyone tell me their stats? They look like they don't even lift.im gonna talk shit cause I think I can beat them.i got 2 black belts and I'm currently studying Krav Maga

Latest posts

Latest posts