Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Why do you use all the bs hype money grabbing ferts (if you do)

Thread Title Search
-
Why do you use all the bs hype money grabbing ferts (if you do) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2018, 04:07 AM #1
keeper1981

keeper1981 will become famous soon enough
Why do you use all the bs hype money grabbing ferts (if you do)

As the title says, if you use all all the expensive cannabis marketed nutrients and additives with lame names and fancy bottles and pictures, why do you use them?

I am not having a go at anyone that does as it is not my money being wasted, I am just curious is it because you are led to believe you need this stuff to successfully grow? Or you just like to use them? Or any other reason.

I used to buy into the hype years ago as I was led to believe that's how you have to do it when venturing into inside cultivation. However one day I have said Fuck it and did an experiment with hardware store nutrients and medium (compressed brick coco). I have never looked back my yield increased also the quality of product increased, I can now grow a total of three one plant crops yielding up to around 1lb each for the grand total of 14 dollars. It is a no brainer for me.

So shoot and give me your reasons.
keeper1981 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:10 AM #2
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
If everybody owned 1 cow, 1 sheep, 1 bat house and a dozen chickens we would be all set.

No more chemical fertilizers.

Working on Something Sneaky

27 Days Left
troutman is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:11 AM #3
Smug_Pepe

Smug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to all
Becuz it makes your pecker grow when you have the hottest, trendiest, over priced crap on the market everyone else is drooling over.
Smug_Pepe is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:39 AM #4
keeper1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
If everybody owned 1 cow, 1 sheep, 1 bat house and a dozen chickens we would be all set.

No more chemical fertilizers.
Organics hmm that was going to be the next venture I apply myself to, I have done it outside but not inside yet, no hate from me on that. Maybe something organic less smelly for my indoor ventures though.

Good work I like your style

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:41 AM #5
keeper1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smug_Pepe View Post
Becuz it makes your pecker grow when you have the hottest, trendiest, over priced crap on the market everyone else is drooling over.
I know right sad really in my opinion, all these magic potions and magic isn't even real.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:07 AM #6
keeper1981

Grow 1 lb in ten days with........wonderbudz........ .without any training, canopy control, lighting schedules, good genetics, at care of any kind.....only 149.95........ get it now.

Honestly that's how the indoor gardening product scene appears to me, they make it sound that the most important factor to getting good yield and finished product is that magic potion in the bottle.

It is not, as long as the plant is getting the basic nutrients and micro nutrients it needs in the right amounts, other more important factors come into play.

No magic potion will increase results

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:09 AM #7
keeper1981

Also no magic potion will increase potency.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:10 AM #8
keeper1981

Also no magic potion will increase potency it is all in the genetics

Old 01-15-2018, 03:20 PM #9
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud of
I'm not convinced that it's to increase or compensate for fe-/maleness like it is with buying designer clothes or expensive cars. IMHO it is the same reasons why people buy expensive cosmetics: hopes and dreams (and not only stupid people fall for those).

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing
Only Ornamental is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2018, 03:54 PM #10
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Can't say I see how you aren't having a go, the thread title and opening paragraph are combative.

Trendiest thing I use is SM90. But now we can't get it up here and I prefer bleach.

Many people have learned only by direct experience. Use this line, this feed chart, and you will get this result. They are loyal to repeatability, likely earn their bread from it and are not keen to poke the golden goose.

Some progress elsewhere as you have. Others plug along.

And some poor fucks buy into the spiel and beat their chest for their favourite brand like any good meathead sports fan.

One thing I have learned is we are all in the same boat, and that it doesn't take much scrutiny to start poking holes in anyones regime.

Here online and in person among like minded people, it is easy to speak this way. But to interact with someone with opposing views in person is not an easy dance. You have to look deeper, understand why and how. Chose your points to the target and show the result of your way.

If you want to change them, it takes more than tools made from easy conversation with similar people and writing off anyone else as an idiot. I know more than enough people who would punch those words back down your throat simply from the tone you gave them with.

Last edited by Mikell; 01-15-2018 at 04:05 PM..
Mikell is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.