What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ecsd...

beta

Veteran
I think I understand it, real deal real deal. so real deal sour diesel is in fact real deal chem91, while faked chem91 is assumed as real deal by blind public. and there are .many phenos of faked real deal sour diesel. while there are also faked chem91s which are not signed as real deal sour diesel but real deal chem91. I got it. love these american stories. :D :D :D

I found the guy who's never smoked or grown any of the cultivars we're talking about here. Thanks for the valuable input.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
you are welcomed. it is strange sour diesel you smoke anyway. when it makes you so seriously valuable., that face in your avatar is it you after smoking it? :D just joking bro. take it easy. wish you the best.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Received a chaco sour d a few weeks back. First pic from when I got it to now. And Ive pulled a couple cuts off it already to veg up and run it.
picture.php
picture.php

Queef

Be cool to run the Chaco cut next to this Aj cut
gDopEPA.jpg

And heres chem91skva
21i2hqJ.jpg

I dont have underdog/ headband....but heres loompas headband x sour dubb i found this season Just straight sour fuel dankness
2K7I17A.jpg

Mad respect to the cats that kept these genetics going. These cuts are literally the best shit on planet earth .

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I think I understand it, real deal real deal. so real deal sour diesel is in fact real deal chem91, while faked chem91 is assumed as real deal by blind public. and there are .many phenos of faked real deal sour diesel. while there are also faked chem91s which are not signed as real deal sour diesel but real deal chem91. I got it. love these american stories. :D :D :D

Not quite but your fukin closer then ya think!!!! Things are coming into light recently and they are not what everybody had thought... there is mass confusion going on ATM regarding stuff and though it wasn't c91 there was sumthin else goin around back then that few ppl remember and were lucky to smoke n turns out may be the answer to all the Chem sour og debacle... and yes it's why some of us original sour smokers growers did notice a change around 04 in the sour that was becoming much more abundant around NYC....

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Received a chaco sour d a few weeks back. First pic from when I got it to now. And Ive pulled a couple cuts off it already to veg up and run it. View ImageView Image

nice one, hope she does better for you then me, had this cut and i couldn't figure out how to really make her happy. she just didn't like my coco set up, so i decided to concentrate on riri and ecsd cuts. they both like my growing style :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
If you have the real ecsd cut, then you have the same one Chaco has.

hm, thats not what i was told, the guy who sorted me these genetics is a long time fanatic collector of SD cuts. he gave me all 3 cuts, the riri, the ecsd and the chaco. i grew them all together and it seems to me that in my grow the ecsd is the best, although the riri is just about as good, specially after a good cure, also yields a bit better. but yeah, what ever i have with these labels, the one with the chaco label is quite different from the one with the ecsd label when it comes to how it grew and taste in my set up.

highsteppa

Veteran
I’ve grown the cut passed around NE amongst friends here as Ecsd(Chaco), AJ, shroomies original deez, and now another cut someone’s kept since 08...all seem the same to me. If they aren’t I wouldn’t be surprised, but they all have the text book flavor we’d call sour and same growth habits

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Chaco is the OP of this thread. His cut has been thoroughly vetted and verified, all documented right here.

i don't doubt your words Scrappy-doo, must be some shenanigans happened with the labeling in that case. what seems strange though, why would we call the original ecsd, the chaco cut? if it's the same as the original, why give it a new designation? i suppose it's all answered in the past 200 + pages....:D

3rd-3yed

Veteran
hm, thats not what i was told, the guy who sorted me these genetics is a long time fanatic collector of SD cuts. he gave me all 3 cuts, the riri, the ecsd and the chaco. i grew them all together and it seems to me that in my grow the ecsd is the best, although the riri is just about as good, specially after a good cure, also yields a bit better. but yeah, what ever i have with these labels, the one with the chaco label is quite different from the one with the ecsd label when it comes to how it grew and taste in my set up.

Hi gaius, I hold the same cuts, probably from the same source.

The ECSD clone you received beside the Original "Chaco" cut came tagged ECSD "DHK" around 2007 in the French community. It's easier to grow, less strechy than Chaco. With more rounded leaves, less foxtails it's a bit more like Chem 91 nugs structure instead. Maha Kala hold the same ECSD "DHK", you can find pics in his albums. I told Stoney that I believe it's maybe a mislabeled Daywrecker but never ran Original Diesel nor real deal Skunk va.

Grow with organic nutrients smell of buds on "DHK" is classic Sour D like aroma first but when you broke them you get heavy sour fuel, and a kind of licorish aroma behind those terps. Very complex. Can't wait to try her with a 6 month curing.

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi gaius, I hold the same cuts, probably from the same source.

The ECSD clone you received beside the Original "Chaco" cut came tagged ECSD "DHK" around 2007 in the French community. It's easier to grow, less strechy than Chaco. With more rounded leaves, less foxtails it's a bit more like Chem 91 nugs structure instead. Maha Kaha hold the same ECSD "DHK", you can find pics in his albums. I told Stoney that I believe it's maybe a mislabeled Daywrecker but never ran Original Diesel nor real deal Skunk va.

Grow with organic nutrients smell of buds on "DHK" is classic Sour D like aroma first but when you broke them you get heavy sour fuel, and a kind of licorish aroma behind those terps. Very complex. Can't wait to try her with a 6 month curing.

interesting, thanks for your input re this chaco cut situation.

i have a bit of riri that's has been curing for more then 6 months now, man that taste is amazing now, a lot of complexity in the flavor only came out after all that time forgetting about them. wish i'd stashed more of it that long, its a different product. i love it fresh too, but this cure went very well indeed.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Yeah Riri can be smoked right after drying and still have that amazing sour lavender taste till the end of the spliff.. I've done too the long curing process with Riri but it was few years ago so I don't remember it well. It was often all smoked without 3 months cure haha... I need to get my hands on her again but have prioritys for other cuts atm.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
as far as i'm concerned indoor weed needs to be smokable a few days after being dry, maybe some crazy 4 month sativa will need more cure time, but my keeper strains are all producing buds that you can smoke with great pleasure as soon as they are dry enough. i hear you on the difficulty of keeping those SD jars from emptying first lol.

i'm focused on the Orange diesel v3 and the GG, pluss something called tangie x cookies that a mate selected from seeda. also got that old Dutch classic cut they call Kosher Kush recently, all flowering now to check the KK and TC out. also got the one i have been told is ecsd in there, as well as a few others, will be a nice head stash run, focused on variety.

Scrappy-doo

i don't doubt your words Scrappy-doo, must be some shenanigans happened with the labeling in that case. what seems strange though, why would we call the original ecsd, the chaco cut? if it's the same as the original, why give it a new designation? i suppose it's all answered in the past 200 + pages....:D

That's a good question Gaius! Same thing that happened to cheese and og.

Queef

Well scored couple cuts today ECSD and Crippy. He said the ecsd smells like diesel burnt rubber fuel and the crippy tested 30.12%thc
AB8uIPF.jpg

Only other cut ive had with burnt rubber fuel is deathstar i love them burnt rubber terps

Latest posts

Latest posts