What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Ra1n's Grow Journal ~2008~

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey guys... well I decided to pop some beans. I will be moving soon, so I only did 9. The strains I choose are... Bog 1 x Rainbow 4 (by scrappy), Crash Test = Amnesia Haze x Pee Wee (by Core) and Trainwreck x Strawberry Diesel (gifted by Tml16). Thanks so much guys, I hope I do em justice. I've decided to get things up early for a possible outdoor season, I'm not sure as of yet if I can swing an outdoor grow this year or not. I will however be moving things indoors instead. My new grow room will house a 600 watt hps in a poly b/w constructed room, a mother/clone room. I'll also have my 150 cab and the rubbermaid bin for the Mumbles stabilizing project. I'm swinging more toward organic now.

The nutes I'll be using for this grow:

Bud Blood
Cal Mag
Pure blend pro - grow and bloom
Pk 13-14
Liquid Karma

I also plan on trying out some teas this grow. With three bubbled reservoirs for feedings. One for the organic nutes, one for tea and another smaller one for veg juice.

Plants will be vegged, then cloned. I'll pick the best of each to run. With a total of 15-20 plants that will be trimmed up for main cola growing. May try a few LST as well. Possibly a scrog as well. Males will be picked over for the best of the best for future f2's.

Nothing to see as of yet lol, so stay tunned.

B/R :headbange

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Great plans so far

Great to see you have all your plans worked out for your new house lol

You know I will be following ya

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:lurk:..I got u tagged bro'. Glad to see u back in action. Im gonna pull up a seat with Dog and watch till the end...Peace BR

- Z:wave:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Dog, nice to have you aboard bro!

Sammet, welcome to the new grow.

pccdrom, welcome to the madness muahhaha.

ZeusOGrefugee, I'm glad to be back.

FarOut, I'm really excited about these strains, heard first hand that the straw d cross is a keeper.

High Lowlander, glad to see you're in man.

Well guys, one straw D is peering through the oasis cube, should be up tonight or tomorrow. The temps in my dome are a tad high at 28 humidity is nice at 65. I'm going to be vegging these when they're up in my rubbermaid bin. Went out the other day and got some 27 watt 6500k cfl's, just have to clean the bugger out now.

Take care all....

B/R

scrappy

On the road to clone only...
Veteran
Checkin' in bro...good luck with those Bog's Rainbow...I have one in 12/12 now..I also have 1 pheno of the White Rainbow hangin', ang 1 pheno in 12/12..it is super frosty..hehe
I had a question, ypu run the M-39 right...Have you read the debate on the M-39/Dabney Blue???...My question to you is.. Does the M39 come off blueberry-ish? Have you had the Dabney?...I have a Dabney in veg...I'd like to post a pic of her, to see if she reminds you of a vegging M-39...let me know..I'll pm ya the pic or something....Happy Growing

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
ogenko, hahaha, glad to see you aboard man.

StonedGrunt55, thanks bro.

Hey Scrappy, nice to hear about the white rainbow. She's on my list for the next grow. I have to say the bog crossed seeds were the first to pop, nice germination. Of all the M39 I've grown, none have tasted like blueberry. I think that dabney could have some blueberry in it, some say yes others say no. I was getting sick of the whole debate lol. I would have to see it or grow it to tell for sure. I may be out of luck myself, my last batch of 39's are done so I have to try to get another of the original cuts to get back into the crossing game. I'm also going to try the light poisoning again, but with my 150 hps cab. I did notice that serious seeds's shiva skunk is breed with the same genetics as M39, now to say it's the same is iffy. There are so many phenotypes that to get an exact match would be pretty hard, although they bought the original stock from the first breeder so it is possible. I may have to get some of those some time, if I can't get another batch of 39 clones. Glad to see you aboard man.

Quick update all are up except for one crash test. (amnesia haze x pee wee) I've cleaned out my rubbermaid cab and am ready to get them going with some light.

group shot

bog#1 x rainbow#4

B/R

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Dude those are looking awesome

Reminds me of like grade 1 or something, when they got us to germinate our own bean and start growing a beanstalk. Awesome looking

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Thanks bro!!! I so remember that, I think that's when I decided I like to grow shit hahaha
Man this camera is sweet (just testing it out), I'll post some bud shot macro's tomorrow night.

B/R

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
lookin good BR...glad to see you up and back runnin!!! Nice selection this round, Im waitin in the wings to see how this progresses...Always good bro'.Peace

- Z

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is sooner as expected....but i'm not complaining here....i liked your magic before...so i'm gonne settle myself and watch the show...should be good ...
got it tagged :wave:

FarOut

Gonna be a Great show :rasta:

I have been lookin at your 2007 season :jawdrop: :respect: :rasta:

:jawdrop: Amazing :jawdrop:

I never saw what she weighed in at, can you remember after smokin all that Greeness :rasta:

:lurk:

FarOut :rasta:

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Zeus should be some nice results.

Sammet, the camera is a canon 300d. Haven't taken any bud shots yet, but the few pics I have taken look great.

Core, good to have you aboard bro.

FarOut, it's actually 3 planst. The one on the right is MxA, the left is PPP and in front is WW. MxA finished with about 1.5lbs, PPP a little over a pound and the widow didn't finish in time, I had to pick her early because of the frost.

I ran a temp test in the rubbermaid bin. Temps are 71.9 with lights on, haven't been off yet to check that temp. Lil ones should be fine in there.

B/R

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Took some macro's of a PPP bud. I'm using a canon 300d with the standard 18-55 lense. I want a 300 if I get this thing. I used artificial light, the lighting in this place sucks. I didn't use my macro filters, they're 55mm and this lense is 58, I need to get an adapter ring. The camera works really nice, I haven't read the book yet so I haven't been playing with the aperture settings.

B/R

Latest posts

Latest posts