What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express

drueed

my first round !

my first round !

Hi all !

This is the test clones of the 4 females from my regular OE pack and the runt too ..

Two cuttings of the small but branchy pheno/plant are 6 weeks in flo
The runt is 5 weeks in.
Two cuttings of the tall branchy/viet pheno/plant are in week 5 too.
The rest is; again the two pheno above, another small but not branchy one and another tall vietnam looking one. All of it are in week 5.
That makes 14 plants in 120cm/120cm with 600w hps

All cuttings where all switch to flo at the same age and aprox. the same height but they all grew with half the space you see here that was occupied by a finishing previous grow. They have the whole space for themselves since a week only.

The short bushy pheno was crossed with the same looking male out of the 4 i had to make F2.
Seeds look already ripe but i let it go trough the whole life.

The quantity of water the OE needs during the first weeks of flo is astonishing !!!

I'm very pleased by the way they grow, the smell is quite unusual, like nothing i'm use to.

The first smoke test will be in a month or so..
I'll post some harvest pictures then.

Once again thanks Dubi and team to offer access to such varieties !

Cheers !

Edit : I forgot to mention that i've crossed the same OE male with the Mango ( no idea of where or what about this strain, cutting from a shop ) females who shared the space.
With just one tiny bud fertilized i harvested about 100 dark and ripe tiny seeds.
Crossed OE with mango made me look around for famous indian trains and i've learned about the "Royal Orient" line that circulates around rhadjastan witch is, if my memory is not that bad not that far from where the wild mango trees come from.
So this fall i'm gonna look for the "royal Orient" queen !

Attachments

• orient_express_week5-7.jpg
    orient_express_week5-7.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 20

konopenko

Veteran
What a show, yall! Orient ganja rules :)
13 years im smokin our beloved herb and all I can say - OE the best choice to present day.:smokeit::canabis:
Maxi delicious looking amber hash:tiphat:

Superstone

day 35

day 35

Just wanted to show how OE has filled in during the past 7 days:

picture.php

OE clones put outside today.Hope the one on the bottom survives.They will be transplanted into 10gal pots containing promix bx and espoma flowertone(1oz/gal) and supplemented with earthjuice grow,bloom,and catylyst with blackstrap molasses.

picture.php

konopenko

Veteran
Nice garden Sstone, are they under 1000w light right? I can imagine giant colas in 30 days there.. I will have to wait a bit longer :)
Here is OE/NepJ female, she flowered a bit, but so branchy and robust..

OE on the top again :biggrin:

Superstone

Thanks Konopenko I appreciate the kind words from someone who knows his way around the OE!Mine are under 1000w hps conversion bulbs at the moment but will switch back to 1000w halide(hortilux blue)at week 7 for ripening.I believe that the blue spectrum enhances trich production at the end of flowering.(just my 2 cents)

Can't wait to see that OE/Nep girl in action...she looks to be off to a super stoudt start already.:good: That should be one hell of a plant when she's finished.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi all !

This is the test clones of the 4 females from my regular OE pack and the runt too ..

Two cuttings of the small but branchy pheno/plant are 6 weeks in flo
The runt is 5 weeks in.
Two cuttings of the tall branchy/viet pheno/plant are in week 5 too.
The rest is; again the two pheno above, another small but not branchy one and another tall vietnam looking one. All of it are in week 5.
That makes 14 plants in 120cm/120cm with 600w hps

All cuttings where all switch to flo at the same age and aprox. the same height but they all grew with half the space you see here that was occupied by a finishing previous grow. They have the whole space for themselves since a week only.

The short bushy pheno was crossed with the same looking male out of the 4 i had to make F2.
Seeds look already ripe but i let it go trough the whole life.

The quantity of water the OE needs during the first weeks of flo is astonishing !!!

I'm very pleased by the way they grow, the smell is quite unusual, like nothing i'm use to.

The first smoke test will be in a month or so..
I'll post some harvest pictures then.

Once again thanks Dubi and team to offer access to such varieties !

Cheers !

Edit : I forgot to mention that i've crossed the same OE male with the Mango ( no idea of where or what about this strain, cutting from a shop ) females who shared the space.
With just one tiny bud fertilized i harvested about 100 dark and ripe tiny seeds.
Crossed OE with mango made me look around for famous indian trains and i've learned about the "Royal Orient" line that circulates around rhadjastan witch is, if my memory is not that bad not that far from where the wild mango trees come from.
So this fall i'm gonna look for the "royal Orient" queen !

Welcome drueed :)

Looks like they are going to explore in the next 2-3 weeks! beautiful indoors!

Im not sure about your concrete Mango clone, but the old KC offering was a big yielding fruity afghani hybrid, hopefully it makes a nice mix with Orient Express ;) Best wishes

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Another OE round going good, the two girls in front. No 90 liter pot this time but trust me they ll end up big too.

Looking real helthy with lots of vigorous branches! Is the same mum than past cycle ? Best wishes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I got 2 fems atm and 2 males waiting to spread some love.

Got the chinese and vietnamese phenos both! :)

Thanks dubi!

vietnamese is a little beat up with too strong nutes.. I have too many different plants in the same medium atm..

Looking fatty :) Yep, i guess they had a bit of salt/ph problem.
Glad you also keep the males to produce your own F2 seed. Best wishes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a show, yall! Orient ganja rules :)
13 years im smokin our beloved herb and all I can say - OE the best choice to present day.:smokeit::canabis:
Maxi delicious looking amber hash:tiphat:

That's very motivating to hear, thank you very much konopenko :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Just wanted to show how OE has filled in during the past 7 days:

OE clones put outside today.Hope the one on the bottom survives.They will be transplanted into 10gal pots containing promix bx and espoma flowertone(1oz/gal) and supplemented with earthjuice grow,bloom,and catylyst with blackstrap molasses.

Lovely Supertone :) Like drueed you both are now at the exploding stage, keep the nutes up for the next 2-3 weeks and they will fatten up a lot. I also prefer the reddish HPS light for late flowering.

Best wishes all and have a great start of week! :tiphat:

konopenko

Veteran
De nada dubi.I will have to purchase few packs of OE soon,cos a friend would like to test her in vertical indoor setup.Do you have any vertical experience with OE to share?

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
After 21 weeks of veg my OE's finally going to have her first night out. I first brought her up in post 285. (Feb 4)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4930685&postcount=285

She ended up being very stretchy, and I've spent all this time training her in hopes of having that under control before I flip the switch
346ud6f.jpg
16in = 40.6cm

I F'ed my FIM job, and ended up a 5th center vestigial stem. The four intended stems each ended up being topped as well
2qn5i01.jpg

Rubbing her main purple stalk a few weeks ago smelled just like your dad's Old Spice after-shave (even heard the whistle). Now it's gotten a just a touch of citric sweetness, but the over-riding smell is still strongly spice.

Grown all organic soil/nutes, 3 gal. smart pot, under 300/450/600wt variable HPS

Looking forward to getting results like Superstones!

I'm enjoying the heck out of that girl. After a 1 week paperbag cure she has a smooth creamy citric taste on the inhale with a sour note on the exhale...very tasty!But what really shines is the high-It turned 3 middle aged tokers into a bunch of blabbering teenagers.(lol) Very sociable and giddy with a bit of relaxed body...even gives me a headrush.OE is some upbeat weed that really put smiles on our faces and gave us incredible munchies.

peace :tiphat:

Superstone

Loving the infrastructure of that plant and also the purple stems...with training like that she should be humongous!I'm also hoping you get the long flowering pheno you're looking for;I have one that didn't show flowers until week 2 of 12/12 while the other 3 had begun flowering.

After a bit more curing the citric taste is still there but the cure is bringing out more of the compost/humous flavors...damn it's good.

Wishing you an excellent harvest and can't wait to see more of that plant!

Superstone

Day 42

Day 42

LowFalutin now that you gave your OE gal her first night out....she's spoiled!She's going to eat and drink you out of house and home and she's going to want it everyday! lol But she's worth it.:)

If you look in the lower left corner you'll see that late flowering pheno.
picture.php

A couple more images from today:

Dirt pheno
picture.php

Big pheno
picture.php

picture.php

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Loving the infrastructure of that plant and also the purple stems...with training like that she should be humongous!I'm also hoping you get the long flowering pheno you're looking for;I have one that didn't show flowers until week 2 of 12/12 while the other 3 had begun flowering.
Thanks superstone, this bit of info will be a good guide. Also thanks for posting photos of the different phenos.:tiphat:

Here's a few more shots...
muvfvl.jpg

uah3a.jpg

mm5y1d.jpg

Don't know if you can tell which way she leans, pheno-wise. Just gave the stalk a rub and she's got a bit of apple/fruit mixed with cinnamin-spice resulting in a smell something like fruitcake. But it was the effect you described that I found the most enticing, and from I understand the effect will be the same across all phenos. Or? The structure/flavor of a VB leaner would be a bonus, I guess.

She's already a drinker :) needing a refill of her 3gal smart pot every 3-4 days, in veg. hopefully her root system will deliver some results.

cheers all

maxibiogreen

Veteran

Good to see some more and more people working with this strain, they should not be disapointed.

Ss : I can tell you ll pull some weight out of what you call OE big pheno. Probably even more than in my last OE girl run. Good luck with them all.

Superstone

Day 49: first day of flush

Day 49: first day of flush

Here's a better shot of that late flowering pheno.

picture.php

Here's a shot of the other( early flowering) short pheno.This plant is similar to my last harvested OE(yunnan pheno)

picture.php

I believe the high is supposed to be the same across all phenos and 1 seed in every 20 is a VB pheno. Can't wait to try the new crop as there are some different odors compared to the last harvest.

picture.php

picture.php