What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Connoisseur Genetics - SSSDH - Drip/DWC

GastroGrower

Yeah for the most part. The Haze is starting to get a little more bulk to her and on the TD all except the top buds are bouncing back.

GastroGrower

Update - Day 62 of Flower

Update - Day 62 of Flower

Here's an update on the SSSDH. This main branch was right up on a CFL so the fan leaves are a bit crispy, but the bud itself managed to make it. Developing really slowly and I'm guessing that's mostly due to it's poor environment.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Dakine

Veteran
Atleast there bouncing back bro! What was the recommended time for flowering from Connoseur? What are you feeding them now?

GastroGrower

I want to say it was 10 - 12 weeks, but they're at the end of week 9 right now, lol. It's almost like I just lost a few weeks worth of development.

Dakine

Veteran
Wow lol 3 more weeks? I doubt that... Just by looks, I would say 1 month- 1 1/2 months.. BUT i wonder how thats gonna mess with trichome maturity as well.. Have you taken A recent look to see what maturity there at?

GastroGrower

My scope broke recently so I'm actually waiting for a new one to arrive in the mail before I can look at the trics. I'm starting so see some yellowing in the leaves since yesterday though so I may just have to chuck with one up as a failure based on how they react in the next week or so. The TD has some buds on the lower portions that are looking a little bit more mature and may come out ok.

GastroGrower

Sweet dreams tangerine dream

Sweet dreams tangerine dream

I pulled the TD last night at around 30% amber on the trics. It's early but honestly the flowering space is more valuable to me than what I'm going to pull off this plant. The heat the plant experienced at the beginning of the grow was definitely a problem, but the nail in the coffin for this plant was the nutrient/pH issues in week 6. By the time it recovered, it only had a short amount of time to put on weight, so most of the yield is really larfy. That said, the quality of what is there isn't horrendous for what it's been through and had it avoided that damage, the size of the plant would have yielded some significant weight. The main stem was a little over 3' from the top of the root ball. With heavy training I could have done well with this. I'll be drying everything and then doing a bubble hash run.

Here's a couple of the larger branches against a person for reference. I'm 5'11".
picture.php

The full yield before being trimmed. Very sticky.
picture.php

I do want to run this strain again eventually. The smell had a really nice citrus smell to it and my roommate loves this strain. I have a much better idea of how it wants to be fed so if I do I'll be able to fill the buds out (hopefully).

Dakine

Veteran
Damn man, that sucks. I know what your going through though. My SSSDH girls are having major ph issues which leads to nute issues.. They are going downhill fast!! Fuq

Are you going to trim the TD? OR just leave everything since your gonna do A hash run?

Also how are all the other young girls?

GastroGrower

I'll pull the large fan leaves but yeah I'll just leave the rest on. Most everyone else is doing ok. Still letting the SSSDH go to see what it ends up like. I'll update the other thread I have going tomorrow probably.

Usually takes at least one go to work out a nute schedule especially because flowering time can vary quite a bit. Love those long thin leaves

GastroGrower

Starting fresh on this pheno. I only kept one clone which I transplanted into a 2 gallon bucket of soil. It's been under a 23 watt CFL light and hasn't been fed anything besides water for a good while - but I just moved her into my main veg tent under 2 100 watt CFLs so things should start to pick up. I'll give her a first feeding tomorrow and start the process of growing her out to take clones and try again with my lessons learned.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Showing growth

Showing growth

My new SSSDH mom is responding well to her new environment and the light feeding she got last week. Just water today but she's showing a nice greening up in the leaves and is starting to show a bit of growth since my last update.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Some of the buds that made it from the DWC plant are almost dry. Did a little smell test and it is phenomenal. I'd say it's about 40% Pine/cleaner, 40% diesel and 20% skunk/general dank smell. It's definitely carrying that Sour Diesel through - it smells distinctly like some of the diesel strains I had years ago. My roommate even commented that she's never smelled a gas smell like that.

Very happy with how it turned out even with all the damage. I can't imagine how intense it would be if it were run well.

Dakine

Veteran
She looks a lot better now then the picture from A week ago lol. Atleast we can see that she's coming back to us and not 6ft under haha. So what you gonna do differently now that you kinda know how she's gonna grow out?

Bro that's kinda how the girl I have outside smells. The sssdh girl I have inside flowering in the tent smells totally different.. but the outside one that smells like piney diesel smells so good lol

GastroGrower

Thanks Dakine, I'm going to try again in DWC with the following things in mind:

Issues this grow (lessons learned)
- Temperature variation at beginning of grow
- Underestimated expected stretch (should have done heavy training or vegged for a week or two less
- Nutrient/pH issues in week 6 pretty much killed it's potential to put on weight
- This pheno is a really light feeder

Plan for next grow
- Since I'm going to be transplanting from a clone instead of seed, I'll have a little shorter veg time to avoid the insane stretch
- Putting a drain on the bucket and raising it so I don't have to move it once the plant gets big
- SCROG SCROG SCROG!!
- Only running a single plant in my 3'x3' tent
- If it works for my current grow, I'll be using the GH 6/9 formula instead of Botanicare nutes I used on this grow. PPMs at 400 - 500 for veg and 550 - 650 for bloom depending on how she reacts.
- I'll start flushing at the beginning of week 12 - run it to week 14. Really long but with a large harvest it'll be worth it.
- I also want to find a way to mount my air stones near the base of the bucket so it better aerates the reservoir.

Dakine

Veteran
Wow thats alot of changes bro, hope you can do it without causing you stress lol. So im guessing the buds where on the airy side and not dense? Do you think if it was grown properly the buds/flowers would be super dense? Or is your pheno on the firm/airier side? Im just asking cause I dont seem to get the super dense nugs/formation like everyone says they get with sssdh..

You really took a liking to that GH 6/9 formula ya? What do you like about it enough to change your current feed?

Cant wait bro. We have alot to keep us both busy and then some.

GastroGrower

The buds that did develop were kind of in the middle in terms of density. I think for sure if it had been grown without issues they would have firmed up quite a bit more. How much light are you getting on your SSSDH girls indoors? I think you'll need at least 600 Watts to really bulk this girl up.

I like the 6/9 formula mostly out of simplicity. Only two parts to keep in mind and it holds it's pH well. Prior to that I had multiple parts to measure out and mix in with my Botanicare setup and I had to do each plant individually. Now that I'm using a single reservoir per tent, it makes sense to go with something more straight forward.

I like the ability to dial in with the botanicare, as I get to know strains better I may run them with these nutes as I have a little more control on the individual components going in. I know when and how to add silica or a bloom booster but with the 6/9, it's going to take some more feeling out.

As long as the weather doesn't delay my flight, I'll be heading back home tonight. Fingers crossed I've got some root development on this clone I took.

Dakine

Veteran
1 Pheno is dense/firm, and the other is complete opposite lol. The #1 Bushy Girl has the Airy buds even though she was closer to the light. 400watt Hps, I dont want to run it on the setting below maximum which is like 640, about 80watts of CFLs, and 50Watts of LED Bulbs.. Both the CFLs and LED Bulbs arent directly aimed at the BIG SSSDH I have in the tent. But are around her so shes still getting some of the light for sure.. My friend has A 400watt HPS that the #2 Tall&Lanky Girl has all to her self, in A tent by herself. With 4-15watt LED Bulbs. Theres 2 bulbs on each side of her...

Haha man thats so funny.. Im having to make A different mix/feed for more then A few different plants. It sucks, but it seems i've made these girls very sensitive..

Hows the clones now bro? Did the seed ever germinate?

GastroGrower

Still having plenty of trouble with this clone, but it's starting to look much better. The seedling I planted did not make it, so this is the only SSSDH pheno I have left. I need to get the clone moved to a larger pot once the roots get a little bit more developed. New growth is looking ok, but the older leaves are looking NASTY.

picture.php