What's new

SkunkVA x Snow Lotus - Bodhi Seeds - Kalyx

Kalyx

@Useful Idiot - Ask and you shall receive. Im usually much better with my updates but have been swamped and got behind on this one.

Update 11/16 - Day 43

Well first off sorry for the delay with the updates. I know it has been nearly 3 weeks since my last update and much has changed since then. To start the plants are doing really great, the past few weeks have been full of sexing, transplanting, training and topping. I have to say these are some really beautiful plants, love the structure on all of them, they have great vigor, good branching and node spacing.

To start a few days after my last update on 10/29 is when I topped all 6 plants, all of them right around the 6th nodes. All plants responded well to the topping and it really helped them get going with their branching. The following weekend on 11/2 I was able to sex 4 of the 6 plants. I was able to sex 3 of the 4 Chem Lotus and 1 of the Wish Mountain plants. I ended up with 2 males and 2 females, the ladies both Chem Lotus with 1 boy and then the Wish Mountain was a boy.

11/2 - I transplanted the 2 female Chem Lotus plants into 5gal pots, of FFOF with added worm castings and perlite. They were then given a watering with a root drench and micro nutrients. The two confirmed males were left in their solo cups and moved off to the side of my veg room. The remaining Chem Lotus and Wish Mountains that I was unable to sex we left in their spot under the veg light.

11/16 - I was finally able to sex the last Chem Lotus and its another girl that makes 3 ladies and 1 boy, love that ratio on 4 seeds. I have not been able to completely verify the sex on the last of the Wish Mountains but Im pretty convinced that its a boy. That drops the ratio to 50/50 male/female on 6 total plants. Im a little bummed that I didn't get a female Wish Mountain but plenty more seeds to go through. I transplanted the last remaining Chem Lotus female into her 5gal pot, then did some training and trimming on the two transplanted previously.

Out of the 2 Wish Mountain males I tossed the one that showed balls first. He didnt smell as strong, didn't have as much vigor, was showing to be more sensitive and having some deficiencies the other one wasn't. I plan on keeping the 2 males that I have and putting them to use in my isolation chamber that Im currently in the process of building. I would love to make some f2's of the SkunkVa x Snow Lotus for myself and friends, but I will have to get Bodhi's blessing before doing that.

All 3 of these girls smell really good all have a similar skunky, burnt rubber smell on a stem rub. #1 has that same smell with an added minty smell, and #2 has an added piney aroma to her. This past weekend I was swamped with my gardening duties. I forgot to get pictures of the males and the recently transplanted Chem lotus #3 female. I will get some pictures of those up this week, I also did a lot of training and trimming on #1 and #2 so I will make sure to get some updates on those.

The plan is to start flowering #1 and #2 starting next week if all goes smoothly with the current training. The last female will probably be about 1 to 2 weeks behind them as she was just transplanted. Typically I would have liked to transplant all of the plants at the same time. I really dislike wasting soil to fill a 5gal pot on a male I will just kill a few weeks later, so really wanted to sex them before transplanting. Also with the design of my iso chamber I need to keep my males in much smaller pots than a 5gal so they will fit.

Chem Lotus #1 (SkunkVa Chem 91' x Snow Lotus)

She is branching the best and has the most open structure of the two. Love the leaf serrations that these plants have.

picture.php

picture.php

Chem Lotus #2 (SkunkVa Chem 91' x Snow Lotus)

She isn't branching quite as fast as #1 but her branches are growing more straight up than out and up like her sister.

picture.php

picture.php

More updates coming soon.

Last edited:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Things are looking sweet. The wish Mountain male should be a good companion for your ladies.I like the structure on both Chem-lotus. when the switch kicks in shits going to hit the fan in a good way.

Bodhi germ and m/f ratio have bin very good.

easternOG

Yo Kalyx things are stackin amazingly lovin the chem expressions!! Great ratio aswell you lucky dog you!!! Here's my girl day 50 nice chemmy goodness startin to arise from her!! Can't wait!! Your killin it as usual bro
ONELOVE

Kalyx

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56512&pictureid=1348986&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56512&pictureid=1348985&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Yo Kalyx things are stackin amazingly lovin the chem expressions!! Great ratio aswell you lucky dog you!!! Here's my girl day 50 nice chemmy goodness startin to arise from her!! Can't wait!! Your killin it as usual bro
ONELOVE

Hey eastern,

Thanks for that share brotha she looks absolutely amazing, makes me really happy to see what Im in for with these beautiful girls. Great work with her you can really see the chem im her, thats one beautiful bushy girl.

@Ph-patrol - Thanks man, really impressed with these girls so far, great structure so far and look like they are going to branch out well. Im with you on the Wish Mountain, feel there is a lot of potential in that strain. The male I saved is a great looking plant really like his structure and smell. might as well give him a shot and see what he can do.

@there goes edro @Useful Idiot @dabking @lolryn @RandomMan @Yekke @Lester Moore Thanks for dropping in and all the support guys, I really appreciate it!

"HEMPEROR"

Hey kalyx great start to a grow of great genetics plants look a picture of health ya just can't go wrong in any way runnin bodhi,s vars I've got chem91 x appy cut that's just killin for my friends and I'm sure this strain will be the same! Subbed and gettin comfy top work bro....

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey kalyx

Looking good as usual
Should find some fire in that skunk va

There is some info on the VA cut used by bodhi in the 91 chemdog thread,

There is abit of a bun fight in there on the cut,
makes an interesting read !

Looking forward to your next update

Thanks
GA

easternOG

Kalyx yours will blow up they look so lush and happy!! My crappy pic was a mere preview for the dank eye candy on the horizon!! Your quite the wiz!! Those girls really do look stellar man the suspense is killing us all!!!

And @gardeningangel i checked that thread out before def a great read!! Brother B initially obtained the JB (joe brand) cut! This was the cut used in the fuzz and Clusterfunk ! Later he was blessed with the real deal Skunk Va cut and that's what he used in these testers!! The chem argument is such a classic debate very entertaining I love every minute of it!!
I am returning to my seat now BACK TO THE SHOW!!
ONELOVE

Last edited:

Kalyx

@"HEMPEROR" Hey thanks for the kind words and stopping by I really do appreciate it. It is very hard to go wrong with Bodhi I have yet to get a bad plant myself let alone see one from others. Nice score on The Fuzz (chem 91 x appy) I actually just finished running three phenos from those seeds. I had 3 great plants that were super stinky sticky frosted chemmy funk. Im hoping for just as good if not better results with these girls. If you would like to take a look at my Fuzz grow its in my Summer 14 Grow in my sig.

@Gardening Angel Hey brotha glad to have you around as always, thanks for stopping by.

Yep things were a little interesting in that thread on the cut. Appears the story is Bodhi received a cut which was supposed to be the SkunkVA but was in fact the JB cut. I believe Clusterfunk and The Fuzz strains were made with the JB cut, that was believed to be the SkunkVA cut at the time they were made. It was since realized that it was infact the JB cut used and not the VA in those crosses and has since been updated to reflect that. Since that time Bodhi has acquired the verified SkunkVA Chem 91' cut. I believe that there was a remix/remake of the Clusterfunk using the VA cut called Clusterfunk v 2.0 I think. Then this strain which is being tested is using the verified SkunkVA cut. If I have my facts mixed up or am incorrect with anything I have said please anyone feel free to chime in. I just want to make sure there is accurate information out there. Seems like there is always drama surrounding many of the top elite cuts.

Kalyx

Kalyx yours will blow up they look so lush and happy!! My crappy pic was a mere preview for the dank eye candy on the horizon!! Your quite the wiz!! Those gis really do look stellar man the suspense is killing us all!!!

And @gardeningangel i checked that thread out before def a great read!! Brother B initially obtained the JB (joe brand) cut! This was the cut used in the fuzz and Clusterfunk ! Later he was blessed with the real deal Skunk Va cut and that's what he used in these testers!! The chem argument is such a classic debate very entertaining I love every minute of it!!
I am returning to my seat now BACK TO THE SHOW!!
ONELOVE

lol your on it at the same time as myself easternOG.... It appears I didn't get my information mixed up. Im with you on loving every minute of the debates created over this amazing cut. There will always only be one Chem 91 with a million imposters.

TedNugget

Looks great so far. Super healthy ladies you got there. I mus say that I am a bit jealous of you getting to test bodhi seeds! lol.
I got some of his Sunshine Daydream, Blue Tara and NL#5 going right now (just entering flower). This is my first bodhi run and so far I am really impressed with his stuff. But I'm just starting flower, so now the real fun begins!

What's the difference between KangaRoots and microbe brew? I use microbe brew for beneficials. I thought both products were basically the same though, no?

Kalyx

Looks great so far. Super healthy ladies you got there. I mus say that I am a bit jealous of you getting to test bodhi seeds! lol.
I got some of his Sunshine Daydream, Blue Tara and NL#5 going right now (just entering flower). This is my first bodhi run and so far I am really impressed with his stuff. But I'm just starting flower, so now the real fun begins!

What's the difference between KangaRoots and microbe brew? I use microbe brew for beneficials. I thought both products were basically the same though, no?

Hey TedNugget,

Thanks for dropping in, I hope you enjoy the incoming show these ladies are going to put on. I feel very lucky and blessed to have been given to opportunity to run these seeds. Bodhi is beyond kind and generous as well as the members of the Bodhi community we have on these forums.

That is an awesome line up you have going, you have 3 magical strains right there. I just finished running a Sunshine Daydream, she is amazing Im in love with her. You are going to love all 3 of those Im sure, from personal experience the SSDD is a big time winner. Would love to check out the show if your running a log on those girls?

The Foxfarm products are fairly similar and looking at the labels makes them look even more the same. The Microbe Brew is your micro nutes and microbes. The Kangaroots is a root drench, and is there to really help strengthen the plants root systems. It does add some microbes as well. Its really good to use throughout a grow but specifically after transplanting. The root drench is also excellent to use if your having PH issues or a lockout. It can help heal those roots, rebuild the microbes and fix the lockout. In my summer grow I actually had PH issues that caused a lockout of cal and mag. Using the root drench fixed the lockout and got them back on track in less than a week. I would say the Microbe Brew is the most important but I feel its worth using the root drench in addition. My plants have really seemed to respond well to both products, a bottle will last you for a long time as well.

Kalyx

Update 11/23 - Day 50 - Flower Day 2

Has been a great week overall but very busy time in the garden. Things are going amazingly well with these plants, they impress me more and more each day. The girls have really taken well to their training over the past week and are bushing up very nicely. They appear ready to produce some nice bushes of chemmy goodness for me. Flowering has begun for 2 of these Chem Lotus ladies with the 3rd hopefully to join them this coming weekend. The male was given a rather large haircut, had his roots cut in half and then transplanted into a 20oz. cup. He will be flowered out to collect his pollen for future use in my own creations. I would also like to make some f2's but I will get Bodhi's blessing before going that route. Things are still up in the air in terms of determining sex for the last of my Wish Mountain plants. I have felt strongly that it was a boy for a number of weeks now, recently though its also showing me signs that it may in fact be a sexy lady. Things are going to be in limbo with that plant until I can officially verify its' sex. I would be so happy if it is a girl, just might have been a little hasty to toss the male plant if thats the case.

Chem Lotus #1 (SkunkVa Chem 91' x Snow Lotus)

This is my favorite girl right now in terms of structure and growth. She was nearly FIMed properly and has 3 tops with 1 runt wannabe top. She was the first one to start branching and has branched more than either of her sisters. She is a beast has taken a lot of work the past week training and tying her down. You can see just a few of the strings used to get her in control and even out the canopy in her pictures. Looks like she is ready to be a bushy monster, will be very interesting watch her stretch in the next couple of weeks. I took a couple of cuts from her on Sunday 11/23. Taking clones from all the girls going into flower this round, want to make sure I can keep around any special plants I find.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chem Lotus #2 (SkunkVa Chem 91' x Snow Lotus)

She is way more compact in her structure and growth compared to #1. She is a little bit slower in the growth of her branches and doesn't seem to want to be as bushy as either of her sisters do. She does have a stronger smell than the others very much a burnt rubber smell. The structure of her leaves appear to be most leaning towards the chem side of the genetics. Her and all of these plants have that really dark leathery looking green leaves that I just love. I have such high hopes for all of these plants and the show is just getting started. I will be taking some cuts off of her in the next couple of days, just want to get a little more stretch from her bottom branches first.

picture.php

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.