What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LET'S CLONE IN DIRT, WTF!

TheSeeker

Hey HC i have been cloning in a coco and seed raising mix for the past couple years and i have a 100% success rate might loose one out of forty, your right mate sometimes simpler is better:biggrin:.

All the best for your project that u are thinking of kicking off
peace:tiphat:

_Ina_

Veteran
hallo,guys! i saw this thread just on time because right now i'm trying to make another 5 clones in soil. i'm using soil with some sand or soil with zeolites or what i have in the moment. to be honest i think i'm not very good at cloning in soil,some of my clones still dieing from rot and too much moisture:(i need these five clones now because they are different strains and if they die i will loose them. i see the indica is even harder to clone and i,m not sure about the watering in soil. it is not my first time but if anyone can give me advice it will be cool. unfortunately they were all 2 weeks in flower when i cut them from the outdoor plants which makes things too slow. i think 3,4 weeks is too much for rooting,right? Now these are about 10 days from cutting.

Attachments

• IMG_6093.jpg
    IMG_6093.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 20

_Ina_

Veteran
These are previous 7 clones(vanilla kush) made in the same conditions and now i'm reveging them.i was waiting 3,4 weeks:/ I really want to know how can i use willow or clean honey for rooting? What i use now is some powder. i have two more vanillas but they just sitting on 1 place,green,healthy but no sign of roots more than month?!

Attachments

• IMG_6091.jpg
    IMG_6091.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6094.jpg
    IMG_6094.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 23

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Thanks for this. It worked for me even though the temps were through the roof here recently.

Glad you had success. Some people here just over complicate the process and then it all goes pear shaped.

Cloning has been going on for 1000's of years....it ain't rocket science.

Keep it simple.

Dblbogey

Careful. Some strains are nearly impossible to clone. I'll send you some of my 100% Pure Sativa seeds and if can take cuttings from them and clone them, out of 10 I doubt you will get any using your method.

With Air layering you might get one.

This is more complicated than rocket science.

99% of all the cloning I've seen done on a dozen different web sites only take cuttings from Indica or a cross, but rarely if ever from 100% Sativa.

I've cloned hybrids and Pure indica and they R a piece of cake.

rexamus616

Veteran
Careful. Some strains are nearly impossible to clone. I'll send you some of my 100% Pure Sativa seeds and if can take cuttings from them and clone them, out of 10 I doubt you will get any using your method.

With Air layering you might get one.

This is more complicated than rocket science.

99% of all the cloning I've seen done on a dozen different web sites only take cuttings from Indica or a cross, but rarely if ever from 100% Sativa.

I've cloned hybrids and Pure indica and they R a piece of cake.

Really?

I thought sativas were the easiest to clone. I've stuck a piece in a glass of water and it rooted.

Dblbogey

Others have said the same, but they are few and far between, 99% of those who have worked with 100% PURE SATIVA have also had great difficulty compared to Indica or Hybrids from some of the other sites I have read.

BUT....yesterday one of my Sativas sprouted little rootlets, and then an inch and half long by this a.m. It is a total shock to me. The rootlets are springing from, literally, just a denuded 12" stem!!. A stick, really. (which seems to back you up!) This is one crazy plant.

I don't know what to do with it. Leave it in the Aero-cloner where it sprang the rootlets, transplant it to..... I don't know what to assure its survival.

Also this a.m. one more of the stem cuttings (the remainder from the Top I cut off to clone) and one normal 4" cutting with a few leaves on top have also sprung rootlets.

I now can't figure out why the stems are rooting while they are just 'sticks' and yet the other dozen cuttings I have are traditional, and have yet to spring any rootlets, save the one. But I'm keeping them in the Aero cloner. Can't believe it finally worked.

abraxas33

Hi! I read the post and wanna coments i clone in soil mix with sand, water they with a tea of "sauce" (its a tree, family salix) and comprobed he eficient is really nice! I only use organic metods. Later up a picture of my pc veg. The actual clones go to be mini-mothers ( thanks @dr bud), make the transplant today! Sorry for my englishs guys.. icmag Rulessss!:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG-20170228-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20170228-WA0001.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20170310_110535.jpg
    20170310_110535.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-20170310-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20170310-WA0002.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Latest posts