What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
I shouldnt post complete articles. Respecting copy rights.

I'm not a lawyer, but I used Google to check out the US copyright laws in some detail. I found this:

The part of the law defining Exclusive Rights:

"Subject to sections 107 through 122, the owner of copyright under this title has the exclusive rights to do and to authorize any of the following:
(5) in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual work, to display the copyrighted work publicly;"

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/usc_sec_17_00000106----000-.html

And here is Section 107, defining Fair Use:

"the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/usc_sec_17_00000107----000-.html

Note: According to the Definitions section of this law, "Copy" is specifically defined as a material object. We are not making copies by posting here - though that would be legal - we are "displaying the work publicly."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/usc_sec_17_00000101----000-.html

Reading through other sections of the code, it appears fairly clear that nobody would be violating copyright law by posting 30-year-old articles (at least those of US origin) here. Posting current articles in a manner which causes competition to sales of the original would appear to be a violation, so maybe try to keep it to vintage stuff.

Thanks for having this side-debate and making me research this. I'm an artist and musician and copyright laws do apply to my life. I learned some things.

-s

Note: If you are a lawyer and feel that I have misinterpreted this... please correct me. Then I'd learn more. :smoke:

H

h^2 O

oh man this is so cool. Though the first 2 pics were like HEINOUS...i wasn't around back then so idk if that was good or not but looks super leafy. Cool to think they actually did grow n smoke afghani way back

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
heinous? in a bad way?? man the first 2 pics are SPECTACULAR! i just wish i could find that kinda stuff today.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'd guess that list is either a Sacred Seeds catalog, or maybe early Cultivator's Choice?

Sacred Seeds :joint:

Does anyone know what´s the "B" in B. Early Haze?
Sam said that the Burning Bush was an select Original Haze on the thai side.

Last edited:

ngakpa

Veteran
nice one Four Seasons --- I'd love to own a pile of those early High Times magazines

can't resist pointing out that Pashupatinath is not - as the article on Nepal says - a Buddhist site, it is Hindu...

sure "Buddhism" and "Hindusim" are not as distinct as many Westerners and Asians sometimes like to claim... not least in the Tantric forms found in Nepal they all Tantra --- e.g. forms of Shiva and Tara are found in both "Hindu" and "Buddhist" Tantra

but Bodnath - a short walk from Pashupati - is the major Buddhist centre in the Kathmandu Valley... if you said to Nepali Hindu that Pashupati was Buddhist I expect they'd probably be pretty unamused

the same goes for the stuff about Thai monks having a stash of ganja for sacred Buddhist rituals... far as I know that is total nonsense and not likely to make you popular with Thais if you spout off about ganja being sacred to the Buddha etc.

M3@n_0n3

Thai stick, Maui Waui, Purple Buds and Matanuska ThunderFuck!

Thai stick, Maui Waui, Purple Buds and Matanuska ThunderFuck!

Takes me back to the day, MTF if I had some of that :yoinks:. Thai Stick, :woohoo:. Maui Waui!!! :yes:. I remember being so stoned on the MTF so much that I had to send a partner in to buy beer with my change, I couldn't count my money I was so wasted! Almost forgot where the clutch was/is.

Piel

Veteran
In the 70´s I just had bagweed but it was always good -sure there were seeds but that was part of the deal. I remember my first sinsemilla back in -79 MAN that blew me away BUT it almost felt too strong.

Now I smoke sinse daily, spoiled I guess, but the taste is "wrong"...sure miss the bagweed.

ElRubio

Veteran
FS: always giving and recovering important and appreciated info and pix
Thank you very much,

Ngapka: you´re right mate, it´s a nice walk btw Pashupatti (hindu, only hidus can entrance) and the Boudanath stupa (buddhist). i´ll be there again soon jeje, thx for point it. Namaste

great thread and posts, thx everyone, make me drool... :)
good vibes!