What's new

Tinnitus - Ringing in the ears

whiterabbit9

Veteran
Anyone suffer from it ? or know someone ?

it drives me nuts.

I have my appointment with the doc tomorow

HindukushMaster

i used to know a dude from a studio i worked at with it, constant ear ringing etc? he said the only peace and quiet he got was when he slept... now thats some serious symbolic shit right there. I know lemon drops or some other herbal stuff he used to do for his ear drum but think positive ! thats the only way to stay sane.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,
got it myself, often linked to hi blood pressure
and can be controlled w/meds for you hopefully,
for me some times are worse than others

Tell ya what, I woke one day & my eyes SLAMMED open when I realized
there was no more ringing in my ears, I instantly recognized it from near
dead sleep, BOOM it was gone, only to return later.......

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
I have it. I have to have background noise or it drives me nuts. It seems worse later in the day or maybe I just notice it more.

Interested in hearing what the doc tells you.

Collie Man

Yo whatsup my man. I made a thread about this a little bit ago. I thought I had tinnitus for sure...I came back from a awesome awesome show with my ears ringing like crazy. The next day just a faint ring...then the next day...then the next day...IT DROVE ME INSANE!!! When I just wanted to relax and just lounge all i would hear was the ringing noise. But finally after a week it got better and now when i go to a concert indoors I wear earplugs. Save your ears man and don't mind the people making fun of you for doing it, because they will be saying how they should of listened to you down the road. There is still hope my man...But there are some things and remedies that can cure it I think...not sure tho...
:abduct:peace

G

grasspass

For me , a weed buzz makes it worse or just makes me notice it more.

oohcow

I am hard-of-hearing... I experience heavy tinnitus to the point of serious hearing loss and deafness.

be thankful for those who have hearing...i lost only for a year now... and this tinnitus makes me wanna kill myself sometimes... Smoking herb makes it better but I am a prisoner of the law right now and not able to smoke freely.... it's definently depressing.

Gans

I have it. I have to have background noise or it drives me nuts. It seems worse later in the day or maybe I just notice it more.

Interested in hearing what the doc tells you.

Same thing here. I have to have some music or something on to even fall asleep or the ringing will drive me nuts and keep me awake.

The doc will likely say "sucks for you", in different words of course. Thats what they told me, that there is nothing I can really do now, the damage is already done. They just said I need to protect my ears from further any damage in the future, ie. no loud music, wear earplugs at concerts, sporting events, etc. Another good tip they gave me, that I bet not a lot of people think of, was to not drive with the driver side window down anymore since the wind smashes into your left ear with the window down doing some damage that way as well.

teddybud

spreadin da love
Veteran
I've been dealing with it for about 10 years... its almost sent me to the crazy house a few times... it just gets so over welming sometimes..

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
They just said I need to protect my ears from further any damage in the future, ie. no loud music, wear earplugs at concerts, sporting events, etc.

I attribute a Smithereens show with a lot of mine. It was held in way too small a venue and turned up way too loud and I distinctly remember leaving with my ears hurting. I still love the Reens dearly, but, damn!!!

Not totally their fault I'm sure as I've always been a fan of loud but always kept a respectable distance from the towers at most shows.

Bumble Buddy

I recommend compressible foam earplugs rated 33db (I get Hearos brand), they are comfortable and will prevent further ear damage under most situations. Use earmuffs with the foam earplugs for extra loud situations. I have some acoustic "musicians" earplugs and they are great for music/speech but not good for really loud noises or loud concerts, they don't dampen the sound enough.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Anyone suffer from it ? or know someone

Yes. Charles Darwin did, and Beethoven.

Sylvester Stallone has it. According to legend he was drunk at a Canned Heat concert, and passed out under an amplifier.

I've got it too, a stupid accident while young. Boy was I mad when I realized I was going to have it for the rest of my life.

Yoga and meditation helps to deal with it. Ignoring it and downscaling it helps to mentally isolate it, like a pearl in an oyster.

Pot almost makes it agreeable,

I can deal with the ringing noise, what sucks is to never have absolute silence.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
When I was in the Navy, I walked out on deck during a gun shoot, which I shouldn't have done, but I was part of the fire control team and the head technician, so I was showing off to a buddy and walked out on deck.

We were standing there when the rear gun mount rotated towards us and blasted out a round that went over our heads. Obviously the concussion flattened us - it wrenched the hatch that I left open off its hinges. I was standing at an angle, so it really fucked up my left ear.

Oh yeah, I get it still. The Navy said there was no damage, but I couldn't hear what the guy was saying because my ear was ringing.

I too have noticed that marijuana can make it more noticeable if not more irritating...

SFC

I have it too. Guns,and loud music no doubt. I think a Ted Nugent concert back in the early 90's did a ton of damage too. I know most bands do not know when they are playing how loud it is, but I know he does. I have seen him a few times,and no one has ever played louder. Asshole. I play drums in a band myself so I am not casting stones here.

It sucked the day I realized it was not going to go away. Weed does make it more noticeable.

whiterabbit9

Veteran
wow.

today I see it's at 2 pages!
it's nice to see i'm not alone, and it's not my only problem

doctor (she),
she was very nice not my family doc, just a girl, she has these thin precise fingers and she seemed to try to be helpful, she had good eyes that see well, I liked her, she had brains and heart

she did some tests, to see if I had bad-coordination , fuzzyness, or just ringing

I liked that doc (I feel it's important to say) because like some have said, some docs don't give a fuck, and tell you to *deal with it*

so she gave me a prescription that say that helps some people

I will be having an exam at a place. a hearing exam

and if they feel necessary I will later get a head exam, it can be neurologic

tinnitus can be a stress thing, like you can't shutdown

or jaw problems

-

it's crazy to see i'm not alone, I know i'm not, but just here in a pot place there are a couple of us affected

it does make me depressed but I have faith

they say sometimes it can be the hairs (Sensors) in the ears or wax

-

Ive researched a bit

these are my solutions

- checking things out with my doc (try the meds)

- sound therapy (by stimulating the sensory hairs in the brain with hi-low frequency, with classical music, they say they can bring them back in power, dunno, 400$ for 4 cds, they say it helps with the depressed too , listen man, the sound is making me crazy

so I might try it

-there is a treatment in Israel, that the army developped (alot of soldiers get the ringing)
they told me to first get some paperwork before coming down

I wanted to visit that place anyways

-there is a dude in the UK who treated it himself with something called a Scenar (pro version costs over 1000$), he says it's a little painful, dunno if he fryed that part of his brain or what

there is some pills that will mask it

dunno, and the ringing is just 1 of my problems! aye

If I pull through.. it would be incredible!\

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the ringing is such a distraction when trying to sleep that now I must have music on or the clothes dryer running to lull me to sleep, it has to do with covering the ringing which sounds like the pitch of a tea kettle in case anyones wondering what it might sound like.......

I've got a wet load of clothes waiting to be dried tonight yet.

what sucks is to never have absolute silence.
Mine was supposedly brought on by receiving many head shots over the period of years I was MMA fighting. Actually I've discovered that if I'm outdoors, (in the wilderness for you citydwellers) the ringing will go away after several hours. Once I return even to my home however it comes back. Might have something to do with electricity, seems like when I'm without it, the ringing goes away. Doesn't go away in city settings at all.

The wife has to sleep with somekind of noise which honestly drives me nuts. Somehow she can separate what's on a tv from whats occuring around the house. Many a night I've jumped up ready to return what is perceived as incoming fire only to have her laugh and say "its just the tv...." Damn it woman, one day that fucking tv is going to take a very bad case of terminal lead poisoning.... but back on topic.

SC

Latest posts

Latest posts