What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California may legalize in 2010!

J

JackTheGrower

[Humor mode on]

What really shocks me is that the Business interests, I perceive, are not more for the people on this..

It's all most like if it could be made a business and the people would have to get their "fix" through direct commerce each time that would be a better thing!

I always thought Weed belonged to the people!

It may be time to show solidarity and make new tie dye clothes..

I have an old USA flag that has a Peace sign instead of stars for states I am going to wash and start flying again!

Something! Right folks?! I mean are you ready?! Are you willing and are you able?!

Then start stepping and get marching for these Civil rights!

> The right NOT to be arrested for Cannabis!

[Humor mode off]

Koroz

It may be time to show solidarity and make new tie dye clothes..

So I know you have "Humor" tags. But I wanted to touch on this for a minute. I think the #1 thing that is holding us back as a movement is tie dye. There is a stigma associated with tie dye of lazy, dirty hippies. Although I have nothing personal against the "hippy" movement, I think for us to win this war we are going to need a business suit movement.

We need to show people that not only one type of person smokes Cannabis. We need less people that "look" like they do nothing but sit on their butt and smoke all day and more people who look like the soccer mom, and business owner next door. One of the last marches I went to everyone looked like they hadn't washed in 2 weeks, they were unshaven (not full beard, but stubble) had dreads, all wear ripped jeans, shorts, tie dye etc. There just wasn't enough flavor of different walks of life to make those walking by stop from looking at us like we were losers. I didn't see one suit, it just looked like a bunch of college kids, and older hippies. Although I think everyone needs the right to Cannabis, I think for it to be taken serious we need to prove that ALL types of people smoke it, and they aren't always smoking from the moment they wake up to the time they go to sleep.

I just think when people see that, regardless of the fact that it isn't always true they associate Cannabis with bums. I guess in the end what I am saying is, we need to play the game of social stereotypes and make sure they can't label us with one. =)

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The tides are turning. lets hope its goes through....

California is BROKE. It's gonna make 1.4 Billion this year alone on the tax of the small Legal Market it has already established kinda like a dealer setting up his network. To tax everything would more than likely be the golden goose for the state and save it.

My Penny
Mr.Wags

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Prop 8 was able to stand on the street corners with signs and use minors who couldn't vote to promote the issue.

No fucking way do we want children involved. For christ's sake man, how many times have you heard 'what about the cheeeeeldren?' from the zealots?

nephilthim

no way I want mj to fund the red ink flowing out of the state budget,its hypocritical enough that the state board of equalization taxes medical mj as it is.

KGB420

You guys gotta relax! I have been pulled over recently with a little under 2 lbs on my person. Whipped out my card and basically threatened the cop to get sued and lose another 50 Sacramento police over his bullshit and my legal meds. Got red in the face, made a call to his sup., gave me back my lic and card then prompltly left. So all this doomsday stuff is a little out dated for me. Im sure the cops are bing dicks somewhere in the town but for me that was a watershed moment. Cali is def. moving forward with some form of legalization. May not be what "everyone" can agree on but, its working out for me.

I doubt that you scared the cop! I never seen a cop yet get scared about being sued maybe he just did the right thing and was planning to let you walk being a mmj patient with a card. It does happen you know! I am glad it worked out for you.
I cant relax even though,
The same exact thing happened to me in Sunnyvale! I felt reallygood afterwards but please be carefull bro

Now I live in Butte Co. where they caught me with hash press they called it a "hash lab". Even though I am going to get it dropped it is a big hassel besides the SF bay Area and LA basin and a few pockets in upper NorCal its still dangerous to be a subject of a LEO in a traffic stop.
I am sick and tired and use medical marijuana for an illness and do not want to spend my energy in a jail house or court room even if I do win a case.

J

JackTheGrower

Pythagllio

Oh I'm with ya on the not to use children.. I thought the prop 8 people were asses!

Koroz
The business suit model.. That is what TC2010 is IMO..

It is interesting to ponder the Family image promoting cannabis legalization.

What do you two thing?

Jack

Koroz

Pythagllio

Oh I'm with ya on the not to use children.. I thought the prop 8 people were asses!

Koroz
The business suit model.. That is what TC2010 is IMO..

It is interesting to ponder the Family image promoting cannabis legalization.

What do you two thing?

Jack

Although I don't think using kids in the promotion of "family marching" I think if the people who do march look like normal everyday people, people in business, people who just aren't "stoners" it would help a lot.

the problem is, most of those type of people are very closet smokers because of the judgment that gets passed on them.

I think in the end, people shouldn't care either way what someone does, looks like, or how they live their life. But that isn't how the world works so I think we need to pander at least in image to those stereotypes.

:rant:

And I want to say this, I don't think the TC2010.org group is anything about business "smokers". It is about 3 businessmen who want to make money and don't care about the average smoker. Regardless if he was a businessman, stoner, house wife or student.

If they were about anything other then their own greed they wouldn't put in clauses that basically allow counties to keep going down the same path of prohibition, and strengthening the strangle hold of anti cannabis groups.

The one that was presented to the AG, by the lawyers are a bit more my style because they repeal all convictions previous to the bill which would save a lot of people from jail sentences that we all know are unjust. It would put the government officials like those in SD who continue to ignore state law at risk of punishment.

All in all, TC2010.org doesn't care about me, or you. They don't care about San Diego county, they don't care about the emerald triangle, or inland empire. They don't care about Sacramento. They care about Oaksterdam and how much money they can make off in their little community.

Instead of that crap, we need something that protects us all. Gives freedom to the fighters of this war on Cannabis who are behind bars, and gives us all the right to grow and use cannabis with out tax, while still giving the option for big business and those who don't want to grow it a way to obtain money while giving the state the ability to earn some extra revenue. :grouphug:

J

JackTheGrower

Junping ship on TaxCannabis2010 by JackTheGrower

Junping ship on TaxCannabis2010 by JackTheGrower

Just a FYI I am officially jumping off the TaxCannabis2010 bandwagon.

I favor http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2526656#

So If you are in California and wish to be a part of history (IMO) then get in now while it's early so you can have as much fun with everyone as we can!

Jack

Latest posts

Latest posts