What's new

What does OG stand for? (ocean grown?)

Oooohhh, lets peddle the OG a bit more along the oceans groves!

checheche... the wolf ticket trails off onto the dust path, IRC.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Wow now I know!! sorta maybe... Things were simpler before the marketing people got involved. Weed. Brown or green....

ForestBuds

Funny responses guys. If OG really means Ocean Grown then I believe it is referred to soil amendments that comes from the ocean that goes into the soil. AKA Kush that is grown in OG soil. Just a wild guess.

I now use only the word OG not OG KUSH to identify those specific lineages that we all know and love that has been crossed with nearly everything in California.

M

Mountain

Well there is a company called Ocean Grown that makes Ocean Solution but Sea Crop is much better. That's not what the story is about though so just FYI stuff.

What does OG stand for?

What does OG stand for?

it stands for another shitty thread

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Right when Deathrow Records became a big Deal ....early mid 90's was when you heard the Tag "OG" labeled to anything they that was "Hard" or 'Bad Ass' ...

Nothing more...nothing less...just like no one called Cannabis "Chronic" until Dr Dre released his first solo album....

Kush was just a name people in the hood was call bomb herb..... OG Kush just meant not only was it the super bomb but it was str8 Gangsta....

Never heard the word OG used in anything cannabis related until the music started embracing the word "OG"... it came from 90's Gangster Rap Music aka Cali Product

Back in those days ...no one on the Eastcoast was calling themselves OG'z or anything like that... Think Wu Tang vs Deathrow Records...

One side calling everything FIre, Dro, God, Son , Blah blah... Cali Side...CHronic...OG...etc...

I cant believe how fucken twisted this whole thing became....lol its pretty hillarious

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
OG is an old Crip term. Those dudes should have trademarked it.

As it relates to canna, it means someone's about to charge you extra for some Power Plant. :D

Last edited:
O

OGvenom

Right when Deathrow Records became a big Deal ....early mid 90's was when you heard the Tag "OG" labeled to anything they that was "Hard" or 'Bad Ass' ...

Nothing more...nothing less...just like no one called Cannabis "Chronic" until Dr Dre released his first solo album....

Kush was just a name people in the hood was call bomb herb..... OG Kush just meant not only was it the super bomb but it was str8 Gangsta....

Never heard the word OG used in anything cannabis related until the music started embracing the word "OG"... it came from 90's Gangster Rap Music aka Cali Product

Back in those days ...no one on the Eastcoast was calling themselves OG'z or anything like that... Think Wu Tang vs Deathrow Records...

One side calling everything FIre, Dro, God, Son , Blah blah... Cali Side...CHronic...OG...etc...

I cant believe how fucken twisted this whole thing became....lol its pretty hillarious

u may have a point there

GoneRooty

Kush is originally a landrace indica from Afghanistan/Pakistan area in the Hindu Kush mountain range, hence the name Kush. It was brought to the US in the 70's, most likely by the Brotherhood of Eternal Love. The OG in OG KUSH means "ocean grown", read the beginning of the thread, the story is explained there.
OG KUSH has nothing to do with hip-hop other than the fact that it's over hyped by rappers.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Kush is originally a landrace indica from Afghanistan/Pakistan area in the Hindu Kush mountain range, hence the name Kush. It was brought to the US in the 70's, most likely by the Brotherhood of Eternal Love. The OG in OG KUSH means "ocean grown", read the beginning of the thread, the story is explained there.
OG KUSH has nothing to do with hip-hop other than the fact that it's over hyped by rappers.

Funny how your telling me about the Middle East and Genetics lol Brother of Eternal Love lol Thats pretty funny dude :bump: