What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

% of females on ic mag and shot out to grow gals

relic1981

Veteran
maybe the mods can help me out with this but i am interested in what % of ic'ers are female.

in my experience i have noticed the%of female growers is alot lower than males , but (and its a big but:biggrin:) i have noticed that a females touch can turn out some killer meds. im not sure if it is a situation where females feel they have to prove themselves to male growers so really get to know their stuff when it comes to growing... or is it that female plants prefer a females touch. can the plants tell? i think so but i would like to get opinions from both the women and the men. this could be an interesting debate. im sure a question similar to this has been asked but i cant find the info im looking for so thanks for your patience if you get asked this often.

true karma

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think there are many more female growers out there,they simply have better things to do than compare cyber-peener size online and since these sites tend to be sausage fest i think maybe the boys club atmosphere keeps them away.

W

willyweed

there is you, snippette,sea of green and a couple of others i think!

CosmicKitty

maybe the mods can help me out with this but i am interested in what % of ic'ers are female.

in my experience i have noticed the%of female growers is alot lower than males , but (and its a big but:biggrin:) i have noticed that a females touch can turn out some killer meds. im not sure if it is a situation where females feel they have to prove themselves to male growers so really get to know their stuff when it comes to growing... or is it that female plants prefer a females touch. can the plants tell? i think so but i would like to get opinions from both the women and the men. this could be an interesting debate. im sure a question similar to this has been asked but i cant find the info im looking for so thanks for your patience if you get asked this often.

true karma

I would think in order to figure out the percentage of female growers on this forum, one would need to know:
-How many people actively post
-How many are males
-How many are females
-How many females actively post
-How many choose to keep their sex private

Also, would you count women who grow with a male partner or would it have to be a solo operation?

From what I've seen here on the board, there are a few chicks who are on the ball and give the dudes a run for their money and then some, but comparatively speaking they are the minority.

In the real world, the situation seems not much different. Majority of the chicks I've met don't even know the difference between sativa and indica, and I've never met another woman who grew cannabis in this area. I am sure they are out there...probably in the areas where being a farmer of this blessed medicine doesn't equal jail time.

Everything I've learned about the cultivation of cannabis I learned from my male counterpart.

Could I handle it by myself? Sure, but quality would suffer without having a cannabis encyclopedia on hand 24/7.
I do believe that, like most things in life, cannabis really enjoys a balance of the feminine and masculine....yin and yang.
We all have a little of both anyway....

They can certainly tell the difference between male and female though.
A good example of this is the response the different sexes have to certain strains. There are more then a few strains that he loves which I would only smoke if I ran out of my favorite strains, and vice versa.

My husbands relationship with the girls is different then mine, but both are as strong.
We live in symbiosis with our plants, and want the best for each other as well as the plants.

If you understand the plant on a certain level, anyone can grow killer buds...single male, single female or any combination of the two.
You just have to listen, if that makes any sense.

Hopefully the day nobody is being persecuted for growing one of nature's most amazing gifts, the inbalance within male and female grower won't exist.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
i think there are many more female growers out there,they simply have better things to do than compare cyber-peener size online
and since these sites tend to be sausage fest i think maybe the boys club atmosphere keeps them away.

:yeahthats

There was an article written recently entitled “Why Women Aren’t Welcome On The Internet”,
(http://www.psmag.com/navigation/health-and-behavior/women-arent-welcome-internet-72170/),
and while IC, thankfully, isn’t as hostile as most of the internet, I’d imagine that perception keeps many ladies offline.

Had I considered the harassment I might be opening myself up to the day I created my first forum accounts on IC and OG almost 10 years ago,
I would have never so stupidly disclosed my gender in my handle. :nono:

Thankfully, IC is populated by many more gentleman than the average online forum, making it a far more hospitable environment for women than most forums. :tiphat:
But I suspect that there are more women around than you realize, but they are smart enough to leave that unsaid! ;)

B

Bleed~green

I've never met any other growers, probably due to my location but I would imagine most female growers are women not girls, I mean a bit older, maybe that's just how I think of it. And like cosmic said almost every girl I've met who is a "stoner" (by their definition) would love to sit around and debate about how there is no difference in mid and med.

Bg

Buddle

Veteran
There are a lot more now than when I originally registered in 06 right after the Overgrow fallout.

relic1981

Veteran
I would think in order to figure out the percentage of female growers on this forum, one would need to know:
-How many people actively post
-How many are males
-How many are females
-How many females actively post
-How many choose to keep their sex private

Also, would you count women who grow with a male partner or would it have to be a solo operation?

From what I've seen here on the board, there are a few chicks who are on the ball and give the dudes a run for their money and then some, but comparatively speaking they are the minority.

In the real world, the situation seems not much different. Majority of the chicks I've met don't even know the difference between sativa and indica, and I've never met another woman who grew cannabis in this area. I am sure they are out there...probably in the areas where being a farmer of this blessed medicine doesn't equal jail time.

Everything I've learned about the cultivation of cannabis I learned from my male counterpart.

Could I handle it by myself? Sure, but quality would suffer without having a cannabis encyclopedia on hand 24/7.
I do believe that, like most things in life, cannabis really enjoys a balance of the feminine and masculine....yin and yang.
We all have a little of both anyway....

They can certainly tell the difference between male and female though.
A good example of this is the response the different sexes have to certain strains. There are more then a few strains that he loves which I would only smoke if I ran out of my favorite strains, and vice versa.

My husbands relationship with the girls is different then mine, but both are as strong.
We live in symbiosis with our plants, and want the best for each other as well as the plants.

If you understand the plant on a certain level, anyone can grow killer buds...single male, single female or any combination of the two.
You just have to listen, if that makes any sense.

Hopefully the day nobody is being persecuted for growing one of nature's most amazing gifts, the inbalance within male and female grower won't exist.

very well said. i would count team work as growing. id say if you cant do it without another person then you are not a true grower. and when i say grower i mean growing cannabis to completion . there are good growers, bad growers and everything in between... the example you gave of some women not knowing the difference between indica and sativa is right on. even here in the triangle that i common. i know i rool my eyes at my female friends that medicate but cant tell the strain they are smoking..."i dont know, so and so said it was good.. i think if your gonna put something into your body, and im talking drug wise here boys (guys), you should know what it is. i know i my guy friends are always stoked about my buds and really encourage me. and from my perspective im one of the better growers i know. not saying im the best but i kow my stuff.

(holy crap i should change my name to RambleOnRose lol. ok im done. thanks for listening)

relic1981

Veteran
yep yep. it would be interesting to do a poll on how many women there are and on top of tat how many grow compared to just consume cannabis. its all good in my book, just curious. any thoughts on that?

Girls get along better! Like in dj shorts book cultivating exceptionally quality cannabis he talks about the ganja goddess effect that women's energy connects and creates superb herb. If we can all get our periods at the same time from hormone effects why can plants that are female sense that energy as well on some level.