What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

University of Guelph paper- Flushing is a myth!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Gauss, I was gonna say that I was honored to give you the first neg rep I ever gave.
But I fucked that up and gave you positive by accident.

Please get out of my thread. Leave now.
As someone who comes here to learn, I have absolutely no respect for you and your bullshit.
You are going on ignore, I should have done this long ago when everybody else put you on ignore.

Everyone else that have conversations like ladies and gentlemen please continue.

Tony21

Gauss, I was gonna say that I was honored to give you the first neg rep I ever gave.

As someone who comes here to learn, I have absolutely no respect for you and your bullshit.
You are going on ignore, I should have done this long ago when everybody else put you on ignore.

Everyone else that have conversations like ladies and gentlemen please continue.

Exactly that Sir :tiphat:

Tony21

I recall you specifically, CannaRed, actually praising my original post which exactly undermined the type of antagonistic behaviour which I despise myself— which Tony and Wong exhibit in spades. You are not entitled to anyone else's experiences, nobody is, unless they are willing to submit it.

But go ahead, take my talking stick now. I will oblige you this time because I honestly gain nothing from reading these posts ad nauseam. Good luck with your bullshit-bush keyhole lab papers and biased submission of such to the community, you two-faced curr.

Good to hear, now please keep your word and stay away, you won't be missed, surely you have some actual flushing to catch up on!

indagroove

Veteran
Flushing reduces the plant's ability to create chlorophyll. Excess chlorophyll tastes bad. It's not nutes you taste with no flush, it's the chlorophyll.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
This wrote Ethan B. Russo in Current Therapeutic Cannabis Controversies and Clinical Trial Design Issues.

In Canada, mainstream and side stream smoke of cannabis vs. tobacco smoke were compared (Moir et al., 2008). Their cannabis sample's smoke yielded ammonia (NH3) at a rate of 720 μg per 775 mg cigarette, 20 times higher than that in tobacco smoke, possibly due to usage of synthetic nitrate fertilizers.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
LOL... considering some of the cannabis I've had over the decades, those lab results for nitrogen do not surprise me at all. LOL :D

Burt

Veteran
I’ve did the testing myself in 2017.
The outdoor flushed organic samples humiliated their indoor counterparts which were also incidentally grown using botanicaire organic line utilizing no flush.
The indoor non flushed samples had notability less terps and oils than their outdoor grown and flushed counterparts.
The conclusion is quite simple.
Cannabis is an accumulator so whether you feed with 300 year old unicorn poop or bottle organics, the amounts fed and their ratios are more important than most skilled growers realize.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd

Gauss,

So I apologise for my outburst.

I'm here to learn and i can't learn from someone on ignore.

Start over and Let's try to discuss topics without rude comments. I'll try if you try.

djonkoman

Veteran
I’ve did the testing myself in 2017.
The outdoor flushed organic samples humiliated their indoor counterparts which were also incidentally grown using botanicaire organic line utilizing no flush.
The indoor non flushed samples had notability less terps and oils than their outdoor grown and flushed counterparts.
The conclusion is quite simple.
Cannabis is an accumulator so whether you feed with 300 year old unicorn poop or bottle organics, the amounts fed and their ratios are more important than most skilled growers realize.

I like that you've done your own testing, but how you describe it I wouldn't put hard conclusions on those tests.
besides the flush, you've got way too many variables going on between those 2 treatments to say wether the difference is from the flush, or from one of many other different factors.
it's always hard to get the perfect experimental setup, so you always have to make some compromises, but outdoor vs. indoor is such a big difference in growing conditions that you can't say much from the results.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
but outdoor vs. indoor is such a big difference in growing conditions that you can't say much from the results.
This is true.

However, I agree wholeheartedly with the final statement of Burt's (ty)...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Gauss,

Start over and Let's try to discuss topics without rude comments. I'll try if you try.

Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, lord jesus... even Newfies... we're all on the same team in here.

G

Gauss

Gauss,

We're good man. I respect you for being able to put it to rest despite my dickness.

mexweed

Veteran
when I cut off the tea and give plain water and start to flush in organic soil I can tell by the way the fan leafs react, some plants will fade and others will look more like they are just dying off, even when buds aren't feeding super heavy at the end the plant is still uptaking things to stay alive that aren't in plain water

there are also the cases of certain 'finishing' products making different end results taste similar

I don't doubt that over time organics can break down in plant tissue and not end up being smoked, but salts can cause sparking and sizzling and a bitter burnt flavor, and even in organics fish and urea can definitely be noticed in finished product

Burt

Veteran
I like that you've done your own testing, but how you describe it I wouldn't put hard conclusions on those tests.
besides the flush, you've got way too many variables going on between those 2 treatments to say wether the difference is from the flush, or from one of many other different factors.
it's always hard to get the perfect experimental setup, so you always have to make some compromises, but outdoor vs. indoor is such a big difference in growing conditions that you can't say much from the results.

Same clones and the indoor garden spent $400 on nutes alone.
The outdoor garden was grown in compost, bone meal and cheap soil in 5 gallon buckets in partial shade.
The outdoor crop destroyed the indoor crop grown in a state of the art 10K growroom.
The flavors, oils and buzz from the outdoor absolutely shit all over the indoor
The only real variable was the lack of cure on both samples.
Neither guy believes in it
However, I do and thoroughly enjoyed myself rolling up gorilla fingers around a NE October backyard fire marveling at the legality of it all

djonkoman

Veteran
Same clones and the indoor garden spent $400 on nutes alone.
The outdoor garden was grown in compost, bone meal and cheap soil in 5 gallon buckets in partial shade.
The outdoor crop destroyed the indoor crop grown in a state of the art 10K growroom.
The flavors, oils and buzz from the outdoor absolutely shit all over the indoor
The only real variable was the lack of cure on both samples.
Neither guy believes in it
However, I do and thoroughly enjoyed myself rolling up gorilla fingers around a NE October backyard fire marveling at the legality of it all

that's still a whole load of variables though. although using the same clones is good, that's one variable less.

I'd say the lack of cure is no problem, since you say both samples lacked a cure. as long as both are treated the same, it's ok, it's no variable.

but besides the flush as wanted variable, you've got different fertilizers(likely different amount of nutrients delivered/received by the plant too), different soils, different light spectrum, different light intensity. all of those could've been the reason the outdoor was better. I'm assuming the outdoor also had a longer veg time, and larger pots, which are also variables between the 2 treatments.

still, a flawed test is better as no test at all. but something like that I'd not use as definite proof, since you can't know for sure which variable caused the difference in quality. at most I'd use it as an indication to do further research, like if this test makes you suspect the flush plays a major role, you could set up a new experiment under controlled conditions where you can limit all variables besides the flush.

btw, talking about outdoor vs. indoor, I've always preferred outdoor. no idea why there's such a bias against outdoor, but somehow the high always feels more 'complete' or satisfying. like with indoor I can keep on smoking and get reallty stoned, but it still doesn't really give that fulfilling feeling. like eating a lot of fruit for dinner, it's nice, but you keep craving a warm meal even though your stomach is full. but I've always suspected the light spectrum/intensity is to blame for that difference, although I have no proof at all.

Latest posts

Latest posts