What's new

University of Guelph paper- Flushing is a myth!

Tony21

Too many pages on this thread. It's difficult to find what you need here. I have so many questions and hope that I could buy assignment online on this theme. Thirty-six pages folks! Too many to read all of this.

OK, so what to do, are you looking for someone to read it for you and give you a narrative pro bono?

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Too many pages on this thread. It's difficult to find what you need here. I have so many questions and hope that I could buy assignment online on this theme. Thirty-six pages folks! Too many to read all of this.
Reading a thread is good for you. There aren't many shortcuts to learning how to grow the best weed you can.

Read the 1st post. It's all in the link. (University of Guelph is the Harvard of Agriculture)

Some people like to flush, some don't. Personally, I don't. But I don't over feed also. Cannabis needs very little fertilizer. A good dose of N during veg, then a bit of P&K during flower (a tomato fertilizer is good enough). To be honest, it's probably more important to feed the soil.

If I was going to flush, it would be at the start of flowering (after the stretch) to wash away *excess nitrogen. It needs only a tiny bit then, so stay away from these "feeds for 6 months" type fertilizers because that type of N can't be flushed.

Welcome to IC. TychoMonolyth kindly distilled the essentials of this thread for you. And since this is far from the longest one here on IC, be warned that there's usually a healthy mix of information, opinionation, conversation, perturbation, appreciation and botheration thrown in. It's just the nature of any forum. You'll figure out your own way of parsing it. :tiphat:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Raspy,

If you want to learn about the experiment read the first page. If you want to know the icmag members opinion of the paper read the rest.

Or I charge $42 a line to read it to you. It could be your bedtime story.

Let me guess.... You are a millennial?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Its easier than that, go to the site options, and double the number of posts per page. Now there's only half the pages to read.

Somatek

(University of Guelph is the Harvard of Agriculture)

Well that's an awfully nice thing to say, it is well known for Ag studies but Cornell is much better known for their ag program. Once their pot lab is built the UoG should start producing a lot more cannabis centric research though, which is well needed as illustrated by this thread.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Well that's an awfully nice thing to say, it is well known for Ag studies but Cornell is much better known for their ag program. Once their pot lab is built the UoG should start producing a lot more cannabis centric research though, which is well needed as illustrated by this thread.

I'm trying to get a discount for my kid. It's killing me. Lol.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
1. Given that the weed from that formula had to be sooooo bad, the outcome was fixed by the bad experimental design. Just look at the ratios. No matter if you flushed it or not, guaranteed black ash.

2. The design of the experiment was to increase actives. If you don't know what drives actives (calcium) and how to get uptake and when (water stress in veg), then you can't push actives.

Assuming you now know how to grow, the difference between flushing and not flushing is amazing and will almost always reward you with a sign, white ash.

I went to the University of Maryland, College Park, MD., USA.

Somatek

I think SN is referring to is your medium need to dry out for Ca to be picked up. Almost to the point of wilting.

The main focus of this paper was about optimal irrigation strategies for commercial growing. Their conclusion was that minor water stress had a negligible affect on yield (slightly lower), didn't have any strong affect on potency (some showed slight increase in cannabinoids but not enough to be statistically significant) but did significantly reduce water usage (by 47% if I remember correctly). It had nothing to do with Ca, it was solely based on saving money by reducing watering

Somatek

I'm trying to get a discount for my kid. It's killing me. Lol.

Smart, time for universities to join the modern age and start giving discounts/swag for shout outs instead of charging an arm and a leg for the luxury of advertising for them on branded clothes. Have you considered offering to tattoo UoG on your son? Could save time in future interviews if you could look at someones face and see their education... lol

Cannabologist

Veteran
As someone who's grown the same clone(s) 6 ways sideways, organic soil, coco, hydro, fucked up, no fucking up, flush, no flush, long flush, super flush, no flush with heavy nutes up to harvest........

I KNEW IT :dance013:

(haven't read the article yet.. lol 88 pages niceeee) :huggg:

Tony21

Sounds like you've covered all bases except strapped over a barrel lol...... Cool you KNEW it whatever...... Can I ask, what do you still KNOW that hasn't been flushed away :biggrin:

Cannabologist

Veteran
Sounds like you've covered all bases except strapped over a barrel lol...... Cool you KNEW it whatever...... Can I ask, what do you still KNOW that hasn't been flushed away
biggrin.gif

Uh.... I KNOW you are pretty silly and a cake :laughing::comfort::peacock: :huggg: