What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harvey Weinstein and the CASTING COUCH!

oldchuck

Veteran
What we are seeing is the ongoing breakdown of the male patriarchy. All the outrage about Weinstein is simply celebrity bad behavior which gets publicity, like Bill Cosby. Under that and more significant is that women are asserting their power to be the equals of men. I think that is a good thing. I don't think men have used their power very well over the last 10,000 years or so. I would prefer women to be more socially and politically powerful. Moon goddess rules.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I don't think men have used their power very well over the last 10,000 years or so. I would prefer women to be more socially and politically powerful. Moon goddess rules.

:yeahthats

I've thought it took a certain favor or two to get ahead in Hollywood.

Judy Garland and Marylin Monroe...?

I find it repulsive yet society allows it's existence.

And I'm perhaps overreaching my assumption, but would add that many share it.

It's as sick as knowing the horror that is happening everyday in our prisons continues, known yet unchecked.

Rape and variance thereof seem to be a gray area in our muddled morals.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Had drinks with a buddy last night and I liked his analogy.

He suggested--Take all the "accepted" moral behavior today and then fast forward to the future--what will happen? Certain things that once were "accepted"....will now (as in future "now") be viewed as "unacceptable".

Analogy of "moral decay": Take all the "accepted" morality and squeeze it on an iceberg. Just as chunks break away from the iceberg--so go some of the pieces of society's morality, leaving behind an iceberg where "less" morality is considered "acceptable". Seldom will society find "more things" acceptable (aka expanding their horizons).

BTW, we where drinking Chimay Belgium ale on tap (mighty fine!!!!), so I admit---there were definitely some philosophical "chin stroking" action happening last night....lol.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
To the worlds press this story about HW is a gift that just keeps on giving..

No matter what 'ism' you are partial to, I think that you would all agree that this is a big scandal of the modern age, and maybe a sign of the times too by the fact that finally, after over 100 years, something we knew was happening finally saw the light of day in all its sleazy and sawdid details.

And its evident that Weinstein's outrageous behaviour is not just anchored to the movie industry but shows up in most others too. Perhaps all of this exposure about this 'Casting Couch Culture' will lead to the practice, and the practitioners being shunned and ousted from their jobs and businesses, disgraced and punished, then ostracized from their 'societies'.....to be marooned in a wealthy retirement in paradise, with regular sex therapy sessions away from starlets and Casting Couches forever...Locked in litigation.

H

HaHaHashish

this is a big scandal of the modern age,

so much so that the Las Vegas shooting is just a memory.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
this is a big scandal of the modern age,

so much so that the Las Vegas shooting is just a memory.

Sad but true.....

picture.php

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What we are seeing is the ongoing breakdown of the male patriarchy. All the outrage about Weinstein is simply celebrity bad behavior which gets publicity, like Bill Cosby. Under that and more significant is that women are asserting their power to be the equals of men. I think that is a good thing. I don't think men have used their power very well over the last 10,000 years or so. I would prefer women to be more socially and politically powerful. Moon goddess rules.

oldchuck's new marital arrangements
WKzgD1N.gif

dddaver

Veteran
I've been unsuccessfully trying to find out exactly what drug was found in Rose McGowan's luggage at the Washington DC airport last January. And why was a felony warrant issued? And why has it taken till now to hear about this?

All I have been able to find out is a dog "alerted" on a bag. Does anyone have more info?

This is crazy. You hear the term witch-hunt. This definitely is. And very fitting for Halloween.

oldchuck

Veteran

oldchuck's new marital arrangements
View Image

Made me laugh. Thanks dude.

What ain't so funny is these stories keep coming up and not just the headliners. Just today, woman who works for me told me that her first sexual experience was when she was a freshman in high school, 9th grader, was rape by a junior who was bigger and stronger.

Physical size is the simplest factor. A bigger more powerful man with money and fame and the power to make or break you compounds the damage. Things gotta change. Male domination does a lot more harm to humanity than almost anything else.

positivity

Veteran
Haven't been watching the news as much as I should to keep up, but this Weinstein story just keeps growing and growing
Just caught this interview with Terry Crews and his experience. With the internet and all its downfalls the amazing thing is how everyone is connected. Storys don't fade away, they grow, especially when they matter.
He made all the right decisions not punching the guy and losing his credibility in the future. As much as the guy deserved it, it was a smart decision that he and his wife made

Heres the vid of the interview if anyones interested. Powerful words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jNFymV3J-M

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Haven't been watching the news as much as I should to keep up, but this Weinstein story just keeps growing and growing
Just caught this interview with Terry Crews and his experience. With the internet and all its downfalls the amazing thing is how everyone is connected. Storys don't fade away, they grow, especially when they matter.
He made all the right decisions not punching the guy and losing his credibility in the future. As much as the guy deserved it, it was a smart decision that he and his wife made

Heres the vid of the interview if anyones interested. Powerful words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jNFymV3J-M

Yes.....a VERY powerful video indeed, and just goes to show that anyone can be a target for sexual molestation.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Al Gore’s dark past is an inconvenient truth

Al Gore’s dark past is an inconvenient truth

Don't forget AlGore and his accusers--

It seems like every time you open the morning paper, more powerful men are being accused of groping, raping and generally treating their female colleagues in inappropriate and degrading ways.

But it’s not just the political, corporate and entertainment titans of today who are being called out; many sins of the past are being re-examined in the context of our new sensitivities regarding gender relations.

You don’t have to look any farther than the pages of the New York Times or the airwaves of MSNBC to hear liberal voices openly opining that they blew it in the 1990s by not calling on former President Bill Clinton to step down after he admitted to an ongoing sexual relationship with a much younger intern.

Not to mention the rape allegations brought up by Juanita Broderick.

Some on the left are even suggesting that we reexamine the way we look at former President John F. Kennedy, in light of new information regarding how he treated female employees in the White House.

However, one prominent name has managed to stay off of our radar, and I don’t know why. I am, of course, speaking of former Vice President Al Gore.

Back in October of 2006, a Portland, Ore. masseuse accused the former vice president of “unwanted sexual contact” while performing a massage on him in a hotel room.

While speaking to detectives in January of 2009 the woman said she had been doing requested abdominal work on Mr. Gore when he demanded she go lower.

The New York Times reported that she told police, “I was shocked and I did not massage beyond what is considered a safe, nonsexual area of the abdomen,” she said. “He further insisted and acted angry, becoming verbally sharp and loud.”

“I went into much deeper shock as I realized it appeared he was demanding sexual favors or sexual behaviors.”

She alleged he later tried to have sex with her.

“I did not immediately call the police as I feared being made into a public spectacle and my reputation being destroyed,” she said. “I was not sure what to tell them and was concerned my story would not be believed since there was no DNA evidence from a completed act of rape.”

No charges were ever filed due to a “lack of evidence.”

A second incident allegedly took place at a luxury Beverly Hills hotel in 2007 when Gore was in town for the Oscars.

According to the National Enquirer, a Beverly Hills hotel source told them, “The therapist claimed that when they were alone, Gore shrugged off a towel and stood naked in front of her.

The Enquirer also alleges Gore’s fruit came out of the loom a third time, a year later at a hotel in Tokyo.

I’m sure his defenders will attack the journalistic integrity of the Enquirer, but I would note that they were the ones who broke the John Edwards, Bill Cosby and Charlie Sheen stories before the mainstream media would touch them with a 10 foot pole.

It’s also worth noting that Radar magazine, a subsidiary of the National Enquirer, featured Charlie Rose in a cover story about “Toxic Bachelors” in 2007, and refused to run a retraction when David Boies — Al Gore’s attorney in the 2000 Florida recount — threatened to sue them. Others on the list: Jeremy Piven, Jeffrey Epstein, Colin Farrell, Joe Francis and Kevin Spacey.

Like the vast majority of the #MeToo accusers I’ve seen on television of late, I believe the women who say that Al Gore assaulted them.

Any conversation about powerful men behaving badly should include Al Gore’s name. Even if it is “an inconvenient truth.”

John Phillips is a CNN political commentator and can be heard weekdays at 3 p.m. on “The Drive Home with Jillian Barberie and John Phillips” on KABC/AM 790.

Source: ocregister.com/2017/11/22/al-gores-dark-past-is-an-inconvenient-truth/

I guess this Vice Prez behavior thing is a bit contagious, anyone remember Uncle Joe Biden tendency to touch other women during "official" pics?

021715-York-Biden-Women-Parnes.jpg

bidenbiker1.png

vp-biden-puts-hands-on-def-sec-carter-wife.jpg

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
Male domination does a lot more harm to humanity than almost anything else.

That is just sexist crap. Angela Merkel, Theresa May and a boat load more women are responsible for the shower of shite we see in Europe now. If you had Hilary as President, we would all be dead by now after she started WW3.

A combination of greed and a lack of empathy are what causes all the harm to humanity - if we overcame the tyrants enabled by these traits, we could overcome anything else with ease.