What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Avid application rate

l_d_d

I hate using this stuff but getting attacked by mites :badday: in my veg room and I dont wanna deal with them, so Im gonna just solve the problem. :beat-dead:

I cant remember I have a dropper and its like 1 or a couple few drops per x gallons?????????

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
I dont know the dosage, but to quote Rez from Ohenry's thread

Rezdog said:
Avid is SO toxic that it's been known to cause nerve damage when too much is absorbed through the skin....A trimmer in Cali's all fucked up from Avid-treated herb she was manicuring.

Smoke the residual?

Fuck,NO!

....Just my two pence.

I wouldnt risk it....

l_d_d

i use gloves and only spray it on a plants in veg.... and at least 10 weeks before the plant is supposed to be harvested.

Im carefull not to get it on any skin..... wonder if that chic was trimming a recently sprayed plant.. still makes ya think twice about touching plants that have been sprayed.

But ya man like i sais I HATE using it. :no: What else do ya suggest???

I DO have Pyretrum sprays and bombs. Have some neem and thinking about getting some smc leaf wash...

I just know from past experiences that nothing really gets rid of them like the avid, and alot of times that stuff just doesnt work. I already have no NPS.

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
Don't be scared of it...just take normal precautions when you use it. It will remain persistant on the plant for up to 28 days...so if you're already into flowering more than a week or two don't use it.

BTW, Avid is derived from a soil micro-organism Streptomyces avermitilis...it's not like it's made from nuclear waste.

The answer to your question - I use 12-15 drops per gallon and they're gone after 1 thorough spraying.

l_d_d

Hey Sandman :wave: Howzit?

makes me feel a lil better,

ppppwheeeeew!!! DAmn Ive used it before I thought it was much less drops, like three at the max, maybe for a quart :confused:. 12 to 15 drops huh.

Ya I dont use it in flower at all, thank god atm I see no mites there but its only a coupla weeks in so I can bomb in there, part of the reason I wanna get rid of em so fast... no more anywhere else. DOnt even like to use it the last week in veg.. Ive always heard 8 weeks... 28 days thats not as long as I thought.

I hate these things man, nuttin but headaches these lil buggers.

I know at my hydro store they wont even sell it to alotta folks.. and dont keep it out..

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
^^You do know that there are 96 drops in a tsp right? I've heard of it burning plants at 20 drops/gal...plus it's so damn expensive anyhow - why waste the excess?

l_d_d - You're probably thinking of the quart mixes...I usually mix mine in quarts with 3 or 4 drops depending on how bad the mites are.

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
humboldthippy#1 said:
1/2-1tsp gal
:fsu: :pointlaug
you dumb ass... not that much

1/4 teaspoon to a gallon.. ... they are 80 drops in a teaspoon

Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

Last edited:

l_d_d

Thanks guys, Humbolt Hippie maybe that chic that got nerve damage was trimming your buds. :bat:

I made and sprayed it last night, just a lil less than 1/4 tsp. in the gallon.... pulled out my NGW magazine for the conversion... for anyone reading this thread.... '180 drops = 15 ml' so '5 ml (or 1 tsp) is 60 drops'

1/4 tsp gallon for AVID

I barely used half of it and I think the mites are already dead! I cant seem to find any today :woohoo: .... ill havta throughly inspect more.

The stuff works!!! Dont think ill use the other half... ill just bug bomb in a couple days and hopefully I got em.

i was given some avid for my mite problem from a friend its in a really small vile like they use for oil he said just open it and drop it in a 2 oz sprayer is that too strong? also im doing this in my spare bedroom in my hut...i do have a new respirator and gloves etc after ive sprayed should i turn on my exhaust with the carbon filter? and leave tent open or closed? lso should i spray it other places in tent or jsut on plants?

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
i was given some avid for my mite problem from a friend its in a really small vile like they use for oil he said just open it and drop it in a 2 oz sprayer is that too strong? also im doing this in my spare bedroom in my hut...i do have a new respirator and gloves etc after ive sprayed should i turn on my exhaust with the carbon filter? and leave tent open or closed? lso should i spray it other places in tent or jsut on plants?
I used to use a drop or two a quart. Shit was strong as hell with that mix too. Spray everything down. You will have to apply it again every three day for two more times to make sure you kill any mite that hatches.

B

Blue Dot

If your gonna use toxic chems why not just use floramite instead?

Not like you're gonna live to be 100 with this kind of mentality anyway.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
If your gonna use toxic chems why not just use floramite instead?

Not like you're gonna live to be 100 with this kind of mentality anyway.
Yup. floramite works better than avid. And i dont plan to live to 100 glad to have lived to the age i am at.

well i hit them with a spray bottle of 32oz water alil dishsoap and a tiny vial of avid ...it definitely was tought trying tog et under the elaves but i did my best...now whats the next step???

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Avid needs to be applied on a cycle. You are gonna need to spray again cause avid doesnt kill eggs.

so how often should i spary with the avid then? they are about 10 inches wish i could jsut dip them but cant think of a way without getting coco everywhere.....sprayin is a pain or at least trying to make sure you get under the leaves