Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Wanna Ask The Old Farts A Question?

Thread Title Search
Wanna Ask The Old Farts A Question? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2006, 10:56 PM #141
HempKat
Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer

HempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbsdaword1
Wow...thanks!!!

More info then I bargained for!!!! And thats a GOOOOD THING!

Thanks Again!!

Erbs
No problem, glad to be of assistance
HempKat is offline Quote

Old 07-16-2006, 04:38 AM #142
CronCrazy

CronCrazy is on a distinguished road
thanks for the knowledge, i know its expensive but i really cant find any RO water besides it, tried watering with tap but it caused a bunch of brown spots on my seedlings

Some Bud Is Better Than No Bud!

Wish List : A Quality Clone Only Strain

Last edited by CronCrazy; 07-16-2006 at 04:39 AM..
CronCrazy is offline Quote

Old 07-16-2006, 05:39 AM #143
HempKat

HempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant futureHempKat has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CronCrazy
thanks for the knowledge, i know its expensive but i really cant find any RO water besides it, tried watering with tap but it caused a bunch of brown spots on my seedlings
Have you tried collecting rainwater and using that? Another option is if you use a dehumidifier to control humidity, the water it gaters is like RO Water.
HempKat is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2006, 03:40 AM #144
Erbsdaword1

Erbsdaword1 is on a distinguished road
light leakage...

I might have some light leaking in on occation...would this cause the super slow flowering??

I am going to try and seal it up with some foam trim around the ac...and door.

Just wondering if that could slow it down. I am almost into week 8, and not much more progress on the flowering....

THanks

Erbs
Erbsdaword1 is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2006, 10:56 AM #145
CronCrazy

CronCrazy is on a distinguished road
alright! i gotta buy dehumidifier and try that. thanks alot hempkat.

Some Bud Is Better Than No Bud!

Wish List : A Quality Clone Only Strain
CronCrazy is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2006, 07:00 PM #146
HempKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbsdaword1
I might have some light leaking in on occation...would this cause the super slow flowering??

I am going to try and seal it up with some foam trim around the ac...and door.

Just wondering if that could slow it down. I am almost into week 8, and not much more progress on the flowering....

THanks

Erbs
Light leaks can slow a plant down some but usually not much unless it's bad. However light leaks often cause the plant to turn hermie (male and female flowers on one plant)

The most likely thing for the slowness is the strain. You said at 7 weeks flowers were just starting, if that's the case then you likely have a sativa which generally take about 12 weeks, which means you got about 4 weeks to go, so you might as well relax.
HempKat is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2006, 07:01 PM #147
HempKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CronCrazy
alright! i gotta buy dehumidifier and try that. thanks alot hempkat.
No problem :smile:
HempKat is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2006, 10:37 PM #148
nycdfan042
Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!

nycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to all
someone told me that you can run a small bbq grill(im assuming propane fuel source?) in your room for 10-15 minutes and produce c02? this person supposedly knows what hes talkin about, but im wondering if its true and if so would it be enough co2 for my small closet with a small bbq grill?. Im aware this is highly dangerous, and propper ventilation is required, i have a huge canfan/ scrubber(bigger than my 465cmf blower wich is hooked up venting to my attic). does any one have any info on this? thanks strain fiend*
SUBY : Our thoughts and prayers are with you brother!

RIP ELEMENTAL * I WONT FORGET YOU!
nycdfan042 is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 12:35 AM #149
Erbsdaword1

Erbsdaword1 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HempKat
Light leaks can slow a plant down some but usually not much unless it's bad. However light leaks often cause the plant to turn hermie (male and female flowers on one plant)

The most likely thing for the slowness is the strain. You said at 7 weeks flowers were just starting, if that's the case then you likely have a sativa which generally take about 12 weeks, which means you got about 4 weeks to go, so you might as well relax.
LOL....relaxing is no prob!

I looked last night, didn't see any signs of hermi yet, but I could be wrong as this is as far as I have every had a plat survive Will keep a steady eye. Found the image via search, so I think I know what I am looking for...man I love this site!@...

EDIT:
Here is the baby...sativa? no? si? lol

I got some foam trim and rubber seal @ Le Dépôt de Maison. The edge around the ac had some uneven cuts...my super skill at work

Then the rubber seal around the door. Anyway, to make a short reply long if I did have light going in, its not now

Will let you know how things turn out.

Super thanks again!!!

Erbsdaword Alldatime

Last edited by Erbsdaword1; 07-19-2006 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: Added pic
Erbsdaword1 is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 10:46 AM #150
sogman
Dignified Toker!

sogman will become famous soon enough
I'm quite exstatic that someone like HempKat is here to brain storm with us newbies and confused alike. I think Im gonna try a waterfarm set-up even though bio buckets are possibly superior in some regards. After seeing HempHog's massive cola's one can't help but turn green with undying envy. There are so many experts it hurts staring at their huge yields and sick buds. It makes me all the more excited to move into my first home and construct a nice little waterfarm op.
Swathe me with cerements for eternity.
Times is no more. I pause and yet I flee.
A million ages wrap me round with night.
I drain a milion ages of delight.
I hold the future in my memory.

Also, I have this garret which I rent,
This bed of straw, and this that was a chair,
This worn-out body like a tattered tent,
This crust, of which the rats have eaten part,
This pipe of opium; rage, remorse, despair;
This soul at pawn and this delirious heart."

Arthur Symons
(1865-1945)
sogman is offline Quote