What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YOUR WORST/DISAPOINTED/OVERATED STRAIN(S)

G

I was called a troll early in the thread for stating my opinion. Sorry for standing up for my rep here but some of you are truly selfish & ignorant. Actually- i "was" gonna donate a few pipes to ICmag for a contest of some sort. To try and get my name up and artwork known. But im Having second thoughts about this place. Are there any members who agree that some of these strains listed really are good! and not Horrible.

bluebublelove

I'm almost thirty years old, I've yet to complain about anything, neither has anyone else in this thread, except your rude and uneccasary statements and behaviour. we have all been talking with respect to each other, you are really showing your age and your ass, all the while having done nothing for this thread expcept bitch and moan about how its all our problem..and rant and rave about some buds youve more than likely never been close to. you sound like a real tool, and for the record I don't appreciate you coming to my home for the past two years and insulting me and other valued members of this community. I can't believe I have even sat here typing this much, to someone who will write it off and go on thinking they have got there shit soo locked down no one can touch it...well if you act anything like you do online, in the real world....I'm sorry to tell you, when you least expect it, your gonna get an ego shaking reality check....till then, hope you can figure out those lampwork beads...

G

No wonder no glass blowers hang here....We do Hard work for the fellow pot-head and this is the treatment we get..I would bend over backwards..lol.. to help someone out. either teaching to grow or learnin to spin tubes..i hang wit ppl from dead fam- New England-know ppl from check fam in L.a...I have the ECSD clone and Elvis Diesel. And Rez's SDv3 has a pheno that is almost exact to the real ECSD....That is amazing in my books. What else is there to say.

bluebublelove

damn, chill out kid, no one has said sourd is horrible, I actually as jaykush said think its a great tasting strain, remarkable tasting even, as for the actual effects of the high, it has been wideknown for sometime that it has a short lasting high and its effects are overrated. if you are so concerned about your reputation, then think about what your posting, and who you might be posting to, and contribute, if you do that, I believe you will get the respect you desire. if it means sooo much to you, start a thread about noteworthy strains, but this thread is clearly, in all caps titled, worst/dissapointed.overrated strains....and that for the most part is what has been discussed. so honestly, if it means so much to you, do your part to look good.

and why you gotta talk like your a representative for the glassblowing community. I know a few guy who blow for soulfired glass and have close ties with some folks up in indiana who work with the infamous bearclaw, dunno what makes you think we dislike glassblowers or dislike you for being a glassblower...spaz

Last edited:
G

I think Bluebublyluv got a major trolls foot shoved up his ass-
My torch would melt your face off in 5 secs...No beadmakin torch here-Carlisle CC plus- Wanna see my litton lathe i paid 10g's for. I make bongs with that one.

bluebublelove

your foot, your size 7 light up sneaker wearing, disney watching, teenage trolls foot. if youve got personal things to say, pm me, but leave it out of this already botched and wasted thread. pointless. confirmed.

G

Litton Model F lathe- I make 22 inch glass bongs similar to sweetwater, but i sell them for half the price.

King

GlAssmasTeR said:
So what if i posted more thamn others in the thread. I am having a competetive discussion.
With who? Yourself? There's a place for that. It's called a different site.

A troll has a remark for everything someone has said, cuts it up and gives their troll-ass opinion.
LOL. Go back about 3 pages, you are a troll sir. No one asked you what strains you like.

Should i team up with the whiners and list all the bunk strains i tried.
That is the point of this thread. I don't see these people as whiners though. More like hype busters.

Ppl should list the good ones so we know what to get, and what to look for in phenos. Bashing does no good.
You should go to Rez's forums and start a thread so you can tell everyone how much you like his work. Get this, you can even post pictures of your plants(that's if you really even grow). Just like others do. You don't seem to get that though. I'm glad you have a plant you enjoy.

Nobody is bashing. They're simply saying I didn't like these seeds I grew. THAT IS THE WHOLE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD.

It is not for you to cry because someone else says they didn't like a strain that you happen to like.

G

Well.. not bashing might be a bit of an overstatement... the thread title is "worst/disappointed/overrated." Hardly free from strong negativity, which always seems to attract a certain element on the internet... but whatever, clearly everyone is quite in the right to express themselves as they see fit, and good info to have for anyone thinking about making a new selection... what with all the hype surrounding certain strains.

Still... all of this seems pretty subjective. Maybe not as subjective as a "best pizza" thread, but still. At the same time, it's always nice to avoid strains where it's a challenge to find a quality plant that works for each grower.

Too bad this thread went off into pointlessness... even if it was all purely opinion, it was cool to get some of those opinions...

I'm afraid I don't have anything to add to the original discussion, I've had some disappointing grows, but I've attributed it to chance... maybe if people could get back to the original discussion and get past the rest.

Last edited:
G

What is also helpful are grow/smoke reports and photos that aren't micros.
The best breeder descriptions are specific. ie. does best untopped, flowering in 55-65 days, is nute sensitive etc. Not, this is mindblowing herb etc. a perfect afhgani worthog.

So far none of my beans have exactly matched the descriptions, but I have found some keepers. Threads like this kept me away from KC BRains( Universally badly reviewed).

As for the proud and egocentric turbo poster, that's what ignore is for. Makes for a faster read.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
GlAssmasTeR said:
Litton Model F lathe- I make 22 inch glass bongs similar to sweetwater, but i sell them for half the price.

can i get a bong since u and me are cool?

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
oh yea and did any one try taht grape punch from bog ? LMAO hahahaha wow, hope i dont get flamed for this : talk about a dissapointment

Joe A. Grower

Yo, Glassbastard, you've made your point in excruciating detail. Now kindly STFU, and let someone else talk.

Personally, I think a thread like this is VERY useful. The whole seed biz is about 90% lies and bullshit. It is a fact that many seed breeders and sellers have online shills that do nothing but post all sorts of flattering lies in order to hype up new strains. It is a fact that most of the major cups are rigged by the big seed companies and their big money. It is a fact that High Times and other MJ pubs make massive advertising $$ on seed ads and are not objective about the products that their advertisers sell. We NEED negative feedback as well as positive feedback.

As a wise man once said, "The cure for bad speech is MORE speech."

Joe A. Grower

And back to the original topic of the thread . . .

Chronic, by Serious Seeds was my biggest dissapointment when I was growing commercially. I got it as a clone from a reputable clone dealer who claimed to have gone through a number of packs and picked out the best pheno. I was growing tree-style at the time (see my gallery for pics). The Chron was just never as vigorous as other plants in the garden, and none of them ever got more than 3 ft. tall, where most other strains were 5.5' to 6' tall by harvest. The Chron actually yeilded about 80% of what the other plants did, which is impressive considering they were half the size.

Other problems I had with my Chron pheno was that it just didn't finish up when they said it would. I finally had to chop it at 8 1/2 weeks of flower, and I would say it still needed another week. The stone was intense, but the smoke was virtually flavorless. I had a hard time moving it. I grew out two more plants the next harvest and got the same result. So I culled it.

Lest anyone question my growing skills, or accuse me of bashing Serious, let me state that Serious' AK-47 is by far my favorite strain to grow. It is vigorous, an easy feeder, smells wonderful, smokes great, finishes early, and never failed to yeild a pound a plant when put under full light. Really a wonderful strain.

Chronic, on the other hand, really isn't suited for tree growing, and doesn't have the flavor I look for in strain. I culled it and never looked back.

beancounter

Veteran
I was disappointed with:

Super Skunk (Nirvana)
Skunk Special (Nirvana)
White Skunk (White Label)
Sensi Skunk (Sensi)
Skunk #1 (Sam's)
Original Mauii Wowie Skunk (High Quality Seeds)

All for the same reason. Not a single pheno from any of the strains smelled like skunk, not even close. I have smoked plenty of real skunk, live in an area where skunks live, aswell as an area where skunk cabbage grows.. I know what skunk smells like, and none of these strains smelled anything like or similar to skunk.

To me it's just straight up false advertising, the names are completely misleading.

That being said, Sensi Skunk and Mauii Wowie were nice plants, and were good smokes. I also had a pretty nice Super Skunk pheno for resin production and potency, but none of these had any skunk smell to them.

It's pretty disapointing to run that many strains/plants and not get a single keeper from the whole lot..

I ended up giving alot of the weed away, and will never grow any remaining seeds I have of it.

I wasted a lot of space, money, and time on alot of stuff that I didn't even end up smoking..

And the only person I see bashing in this thread is glass-guy, and yes kmarpa, the ignore feature does work well. :smile:

Last edited:

Laxpunker

Mauii Wowie, haven't heard about that in a long time. I grew two packs of that one year, got one killer pheno out of the two packs. I kinda regret not trying to get some seeds off it. However I agree, if you didn't hit the gold mine it really is an otherwise lack luster bud. Not awful, just not as good as the name sounds.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
hey bean counter i got a skunk#1 from the seeds direct freebie and altho it wasnt a typical skunk aroma, it was a very very fruity variety. I dunno about you but the single female i did get hermed out on me about week 7 or 8 and was incredibly sweet/fruity smelling. i wouldnt exacly call my pheno a dissapointment but it didnt have that true 'skunk' smell i know your talkin about. Not doubting at all what you say i respect you in the highest degree(u know that), just thought id share my personal experience(my SINGLE experience) with sams skunk1 freeby.

i also think this thread is VERY good information, you can read the info and digest it on your own terms, without fear of being flamed(cough cough)

Latest posts

Latest posts