What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Acapulco Gold

ahortator

Veteran
It is a pity! If you have not more AG seeds, you can pollinate one or two low branches. Also keep clones from that female.

I know using intersexed plants is not the best way. But you can select later among the offspring and breed out the intersexed trait.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
It is a pity! If you have not more AG seeds, you can pollinate one or two low branches. Also keep clones from that female.

I know using intersexed plants is not the best way. But you can select later among the offspring and breed out the intersexed trait.

Thanks for the share after reading the Intersex tendencies of this line indoors has made sly away from the full pack until I feel my skill has transcended to the point I better understand these Heirlooms so will train with some Oaxacan Rainbow and some Guatamalan Lowland before moving onto the legendary AG

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SAM_0913.jpg This is a select pheno of Snowhigh Acapulco Gold. Smell is kind of like hay or grassy. These are buds that have been in a jar for a week or so.

High is really good and somewhat ethereal or trippy. Gonna see if I can flower this pheno at high altitude some day as I think the trip effect will increase a lot. Right now just grow in a tent.

This is what good Mexican looked and smelled like back in the 70's as far as I remember.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I started two seeds from Bodhi this fall. Flipped at 6 weeks or so and they have been very slow to show sex. But holy crap, I am in love with these. Just like the pics everyone is posting, with the dainty leaves and crazy stretch. They declared themselves recently and the one that I was sure was a male now appears to be female, and the other one is definitely female. So two girls I think. Will post pics soon.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
They stretched like mad and got huge hairy microphone shaped colas. Very beautiful slender branching, zillions of branches and tiny leaves. They were almost like a jungle vine, and indeed, one cutting that I plopped directly into some dirt immediately began growing vigorously.

I noticed while growing that the trichomes were sparse and the buds quite airy, but had many pistils. Very grassy look. Looked like Yesum's pics above.

I finally took them down this spring and they have been in the jar about three months. Mild high, fairly clear, taste is dreadful. They ended up going a bit hermie and I got quite a few seeds out of it. So, while I'm not inclined to grow this again anytime soon, I do have lots of seeds so am happy to preserve the genetics. Plus I still have another pack.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Texas ^^. Goes to show that this strain is kinda hempy or weak across the board. Inbred perhaps but lacking the intense sun of high mountains of Guerrero hurts too I am sure.

The Highland Guerrero x Blueberry from Chimera has no potency issues, or the Acapulco Gold from Snow. Both are out crossed which might be the boost in potency they needed.

I did get high off this initially cause no tolerance and expectations were high. You can get your self high from almost any pot by thinking you are high. Reality set in after a few sessions.

Mine hermied as well but just a few seeds.

I'll chime in and add my displeasure to the potency of Bodhi's Acapulco Gold that I grew out last year. I had kept some for close to a year before finally giving up on it.
I have 10 (M & F) that I just put outside. Will probably just go with 2 gallon smart pots this time as I'll have to bring them back inside this fall. If I don't have better luck this time maybe next year I'll scatter a thousand seeds far and wide next spring :dance013:

ahortator

Veteran
I have been wondering why I can see so many people growing Bodhi NST Acapulco Gold very excited but later I see they don't repeat growing it again. I have been told the high is not exactly overwhelming (that is why there is a lack of trip reports as I would have expected) and alongside the 15-18 weeks flowering was the reason.

If the strain is the real one and unhybridized I guess that loss of potency over the years must be due to inbreeding depression.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I have been wondering why I can see so many people growing Bodhi NST Acapulco Gold very excited but later I see they don't repeat growing it again. I have been told the high is not exactly overwhelming (that is why there is a lack of trip reports as I would have expected) and alongside the 15-18 weeks flowering was the reason.

If the strain is the real one and unhybridized I guess that loss of potency over the years must be due to inbreeding depression.

i had similar results but made a few seeds from one non hermi male and two females from bsc line of AG maybe someone would be interested in crossing the two lines to see if any improvements acan be made id be happy to contribute a few beans
picture.php

pinkus

Veteran
The AG I grew wasn't strong, flowering did go on endlessly, but it didn't have any intersex traits.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
+17 weeks of 10/14 if I remember correctly. It was pretty close to "done" IMO.

God damn if that still wasnt done makes me prepare for flower good thing im waiting for sexes to appear to clone em and then flower em out.. hope its not 24+weeks for fully finished product as i am dying to try some again thanks for sharing your exp brother blessed be

pinkus

Veteran
I have kept the longer flowering plant and have 2 Highland Mexican x Blueberry F1 plants coming up. I am fairly certain that the first one is a male... second seems likely male from it's growth like a rocket.