What's new

Acapulco Gold

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Go pinkus looking forward to a smoke report. You are using the same light schedule as me. I see it as saving time but some are purists on this matter and think it might screw with the high. I doubt it.

Got a favorite Snow AG revegging now. Blissful effect. 2 more AG going from seeds from the bliss AG. Mine are Acapulco Gold x Michoacan but they all favor the AG side by a lot. They all look alike, just like the Bodhi AG.

I notice the Snow AG is stronger than the Bodhi. Selection of plants might be part of it and outbreeding could be also. I am guessing the AG is somewhat inbred now and lost the original potency. It was always said to be a strong strain, but it was grown in the mountains and stuff was mostly weaker then too.

If the Bodhi AG is too weak for you I would try to cross it to a sativa of your choice. A Haze would be a good option.

Green

Veteran
Now that I have some actual buds forming, I'd say Green's AG is a dead ringer for my AG2 :shooty:

AG2 also smells of lemons :biggrin:

@green Are you out there?

Hey Pinkus,

I am indeed, out there and not really all here. Haha

What a great room. So two females from and old A.G. forum line? I’ll send some pollen you’re direction. You’re Ag2 bud structure does have an uncanny resemblance. By chance do you have any fan leaf photos? I’ve found out that A.G. is one of the sexiest variety’s to look at.

A.G. made my spring list this year, I have quite a few P2s going at the moment. Also a few F1s with other narrow leaf variety’s, that look amazing always imparting that Christmas tree shape.

Anyways, hope you get some serious head stash. And keep us updated.

ambertrichome

Veteran
Great looking plants. I remember the AG well. Never really saw it anymore after 1974, but Im in nowhereland east ky. Big drought came in 74, all summer, and after that it was more Columbian, Jamaican and local starting to really get going by 74. I grew my st plant in 71.
Nixon started paraquating the weed, and was the beginning of the end for many strains. Though Im sure it never was 100% wiped out.

I dont know if there any left, but Swami Organic Seeds has some 1976 Peace Corp Highland Guerrero IBL. It was a limited drop, and they wont be released again.
Many say this line may be responsible for Garlic Bud, and G13. I got 2 packs of them, but it will be a while before theyre grown, and plan on letting them do an open pollination.

This stuff is pure Garlic, and Onions Smelling.
Its also speculated this line was bred with a thin leaf Lebanese Hasplant in the late 60s/early 70s, and is a worked drug line.
I believe Highland Guerrero is considered to be different than AG. Has an 80-100+ days flowering time.

Heres a growing bud photo, and a dried 1.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl359kcF4IZ/?taken-by=swamiseed_ig

https://www.instagram.com/p/BknNZ0AF9vT/?taken-by=swamiseed_ig

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great looking plants. I remember the AG well. Never really saw it anymore after 1974, but Im in nowhereland east ky. Big drought came in 74, all summer, and after that it was more Columbian, Jamaican and local starting to really get going by 74. I grew my st plant in 71.
Nixon started paraquating the weed, and was the beginning of the end for many strains. Though Im sure it never was 100% wiped out.

I dont know if there any left, but Swami Organic Seeds has some 1976 Peace Corp Highland Guerrero IBL. It was a limited drop, and they wont be released again.
Many say this line may be responsible for Garlic Bud, and G13. I got 2 packs of them, but it will be a while before theyre grown, and plan on letting them do an open pollination.

This stuff is pure Garlic, and Onions Smelling.
Its also speculated this line was bred with a thin leaf Lebanese Hasplant in the late 60s/early 70s, and is a worked drug line.
I believe Highland Guerrero is considered to be different than AG. Has an 80-100+ days flowering time.

Heres a growing bud photo, and a dried 1.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl359kcF4IZ/?taken-by=swamiseed_ig

https://www.instagram.com/p/BknNZ0AF9vT/?taken-by=swamiseed_ig

Thanks for the Guerrero info. That nug picture looks like stuff I used to see in the old days, but a little less green cause they did not store stuff that well. Can you give any more info on the Acapulco Gold you had back in the old days? Trippy high, potency, euphoric, taste, appearance? Wondering if the current AG is the same or a different line.

I started smoking in '74 and I never even heard of anyone with Acapulco Gold or smoking any here in socal. I was not well connected but anyways. Bragging about smoking Colombian Gold, Afghan hash, Jamaican, all day. They never had any of course. I had Mexican, some lousy, mids and some magic but rare. By '75 Colombian was all anyone wanted, well Thai but good luck getting that. Mexican was regarded as crap or uninteresting.

Green

Veteran
An excerpt from 1980, High Culture by William Novak

“ "I find that certain high-altitude Mexican gives you a nice transparent high," says Lenny. "It makes you feel like you're walking around in a block of Plexiglas, and you don't feel sleepy." A clear, uplifting high is the most common designation of the better Mexican varieties, especially Oaxacan; it is usually green, with a smooth, spicy, and minty taste. It enters the lungs with a minimum of discomfort.
Marijuana from Guerrero is also well regarded, but relatively few entrepreneurs are willing to venture into this wild and violent province. Even more scarce is the legendary Acapulco Gold. When it first appeared in the United States around 1964, it was one of the few quality varieties around; as a result, the name became popular and was soon being used to describe almost any good Mexican marijuana.

In general, Mexican varieties are described as being happier and more mind-expanding than their Colombian counterparts. True, Colombian marijuana tends to be higher in THC; but the Mexican varieties, according to R., still have much to recommend them:
When people started switching to Colombian varieties in the early Seventies because of their "strength," as compared to Mexican, they were losing something, because some Colombians are unexcelled for inspiring contemplative philosophical states of mind, and some are amazing for the emotional and sensual intensities they evoke, but there's nothing like good old Mexican for laughter and sociability.
In fact, it's unfortunate that more people don't start out smoking Mexican dope these days. People who have missed Mexican and started off smoking heavy Colombian often have their cannabis sensitivity stunned into a stupor by the sudden strength of some Colombian varieties. But to start by smoking Mexican, one gets introduced to many subtle initial levels of a high, subtleties that can be obscured in big bong blasts of Lumbo. Mexican has a delicate up-tempo, mariachi-like rhythmic complexity that few "heavier" dopes can duplicate.”

ambertrichome

Veteran
Michoacán was the only stuff that gave me auditory hallucinations.

I got an oz from a friend in 72. I was 13, almost 14, and his wife didn't want him to sell it to me. They were 20.

But he informed her I was capable of doing more LSD than him, and had known me a long time, so he sold me the weed.

Later that night when I went to smoke 1, I was behind our house in a cubby hole, with really big evergreen shrubs for cover.
It was really late, and I was smoking, sitting on a cinder block, when a car came flying down the alley. There was gravel on the bricks, the car ws coming fast, the bright lights were on, and all this at the same time was overwhelming.

The sound of the gravel beat into me head, I jumped up frozen in 1 place, as I thought it was the cops, all I could think of its the cops, and as I stood there frozen, the car went on by, and I realized I wasn't busted.

I didn't finish anymore of the joint, and went back in the house, totally paranoid, but relieved.

It was more potent than any Columbian I ever smoked, and was about as potent as ANYTHING Ive ever smoked, incl Viet straight from my friends brother who brought back 10lbs in 1972.

It was also loaded with seeds, was $20oz, or $40 1/4lb. $140lb.

The AG I smoked had a peppery, floral, sweet taste, with a long lasting euphoric high. Totally different vs the Michoacán, or Oaxacan. BUt still plenty potent. Was more euphoric.

All of it would completely wipe out your eyes, heavy cotton moth, and dry eyes were common.

All of it also had a really, raeally heavy crash, and when you went to sleep, youd wake up still stoned.

All this talk people have about an easy comedown ect, is not reminiscent to what I remember from the old stuff. All of it. Heavy duty high, with major munchies, and a heavy crash ws par for the course. Also almost all of it was Expando Weed, and would make you cough every hit, if you took to much.

For me, if it doesn't have these qualities,, its disappointing.

pinkus

Veteran
I had a similar experience with Michoacán at a similar age. A friend got some green spears. To us, green weed meant shit. I had a grass mask with a bowl that would hold a whole 35 mm film canister full of weed, so we filled it.

I remember laughing so hard I thought l would pass out. I got lost in my own neighborhood. LOL

CannaZen

Yeah my stuff is looking wicked green i think they should be okay after a long cure? Sorry, I think it makes a difference.

ambertrichome

Veteran
The Good Old Days:woohoo::woohoo::dance013::jump:

Also having weed like that, and going to concerts with Festival Seating. Everyone smoking their asses off.

Man What a blast.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
A few pictures. I still reckon this is about as close to 100% sativa as you are likely to ever see.

AG2 is the shorter flowering plant. She now has a very nice lemony smell. Most of her fan leaves have already been shed. I'm running flower at 9.5/14.5, so I can't really tell you what flowering times would be like under a more standard 12/12. These pics are 2 days shy of 9 weeks under the 9.5/14.5 schedule.

Most of the pictures show the AG2. The one labelled 0009 (the first picture) focuses on AG1 surrounded by the AG2.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image
wow! That garden looks badass.

ahortator

Veteran
Bodhi/Nierika Acapulco Gold. Pics aren't mine.

YYJOop3.jpg

https://www.webstagram.one/media/BJie-KZghy_

9DyvLG5.jpg

https://www.webstagram.one/media/BJifIQGgMSv

GjJt4c6.jpg

https://www.pictame.com/media/1720803085976312269_4837172495

pinkus

Veteran
Sorry for the long delay.

I have a very mixed report. The longer flowering plant was cut at I think 18 weeks give or take. Lot's of incredibly small resin glands, a nice lemon smell. it would have been a tree had it been allowed to do what it really could.

I'm basically pickled in THC from lot's of edibles, and consequently vaping the flowers didn't cut it for me. However, two friends say it's irie for them as flowers.

THe oil: wow. so, so little oil. SO so SOOOOOOOO goood! holy shit! I have a person who tried it in the cartridges I whipped up and he has been bugging me ever since. Long story short, he says he'd be will to pay $200 for a .5 ml cartridge.

Wonderful, long lasting, UP high.

I am keeping a copy for now. I have a good friend that runs outdoor, and there is one out there now, but literally, a storm is coming.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Sorry for the long delay.

I have a very mixed report. The longer flowering plant was cut at I think 18 weeks give or take. Lot's of incredibly small resin glands, a nice lemon smell. it would have been a tree had it been allowed to do what it really could.

I'm basically pickled in THC from lot's of edibles, and consequently vaping the flowers didn't cut it for me. However, two friends say it's irie for them as flowers.

THe oil: wow. so, so little oil. SO so SOOOOOOOO goood! holy shit! I have a person who tried it in the cartridges I whipped up and he has been bugging me ever since. Long story short, he says he'd be will to pay $200 for a .5 ml cartridge.

Wonderful, long lasting, UP high.

I am keeping a copy for now. I have a good friend that runs outdoor, and there is one out there now, but literally, a storm is coming.

Is this a description of seed by Bodhi/Nierika? Really contemplating for my next pop of bodhis AG or Oaxacan Rainbow or Guatamala lowland hard to choose