What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i noticed when i worked at the grow shop that depending on where they shipped the medium from can make a big difference in the ingredients,for instance substituting "forest products" for peat moss

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
More rain today:( I beat it this morning, and put the awning over the outdoor plants. My shed, however, leaked all over the decking mat'l. Kind of a religious tarp, really holy. It's not supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'll be back at it. It'll be cool to have my own sanctuary to shoot, reload and just collect my thoughts.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:santa1: fedex santa came today!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

crazy bright lamp for sure...

off to the last thursday night gravel ride of the season...got a fairly long ride to get out to the start spot...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Yep, that's bright. What kind of lamp is it?

I pollenated and tagged at least a couple dozen more branches today, hitting them with Margaritos, Stud Butter, and DBMHstSaw pollen. There are well over 50 select pollenated branches out there now. I try and select lower branches, so I can harvest the upper part of the plant, and have it hanging, while the seeds mature.

The STS sprayed branches are maturing, and near to being picked and moved indoors in vases for the collection of female pollen. My son picked a couple pounds of the plants up there, and I will be doing a second harvest here in the coming days. I have already harvested seeds from 6 different crosses to the Stud Butter male plant. We are pretty excited about all these seeds. Some are pretty exotic stuff. Kush, Hazes, Indicas, and Sativas. Like a box of chocolates.... You never know what you'll get....

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Doc P ...got a question , whats the going rate for an extraction service in California??? .. I'm talking about someone doing bulk weight of other growers crops in return for a % of the yields ..??? the deal includes to supply all the required equipment and the solvent and do the labor and return the finished product fully purged ..what's a fair price (percentage) for someone so inclined to do that kind of service ?? :tiphat:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Hey Doc P ...got a question , whats the going rate for an extraction service in California??? .. I'm talking about someone doing bulk weight of other growers crops in return for a % of the yields ..??? the deal includes to supply all the required equipment and the solvent and do the labor and return the finished product fully purged ..what's a fair price (percentage) for someone so inclined to do that kind of service ?? :tiphat:

My sons are in charge of that department, so I don't have a clue. I can ask sometime, Its not cheap though. Also, we don't do any solvents anymore. Just press kief, buds, and fresh frozen hash rosin.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read a conversation it cost about 800$ or 30% of the run. Most just pay the $. 30% can end up being allot more $.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Nevilles Haze 35 x Oax 04

Nevilles Haze 35 x Oax 04

I crossed this one to Margaritos, Dosido, Super Silver Haze, Peanut Butter Garlic Breath, Roasted Rasta, and will self it too.

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I was going to say. At least 25%. But it depends on the process. Making live rosin is quite a process. The fresh frozen buds are washed in RO ice, then dried in the freeze dryer for at least 24 hours. Then pressed at a low temp. That's tits and wheels. My buddy at work used to say "If its got tits or wheels, its gonna cost you son" :D

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I see the Chinese are having a pork shortage over there due to a pig flu that caused them to destroy herds. Pork is their main meat staple over there, so the government is auctioning off 10,000 tons of pork reserves to keep the Chinese happy.

I bet they would love to get their mitts on what I got today. Jumbo packs of tender pork sirloin roasts for $1.00 a lb. 3 pack per customer max. I got my 3 packs and Im going back tomorrow for 3 more. Ill freeze and vaclock it. Got some on the barbeque! 12 lbs for 12 bucks! Wonderful cuts

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
anyone lived in a pretty how town

(with up so floating many bells down)

spring summer autumn winter

he sang his didn’t he danced his did.

Women and men(both little and small)

cared for anyone not at all

they sowed their isn’t they reaped their same

sun moon stars rain

children guessed(but only a few

and down they forgot as up they grew

autumn winter spring summer)

that noone loved him more by more

when by now and tree by leaf

she laughed his joy she cried his grief

bird by snow and stir by still

anyone’s any was all to her

someones married their everyones

laughed their cryings and did their dance

(sleep wake hope and then)they

said their nevers they slept their dream

stars rain sun moon

(and only the snow can begin to explain

how children are apt to forget to remember

with up so floating many bells down)

one day anyone died i guess

(and noone stooped to kiss his face)

busy folk buried them side by side

little by little and was by was

all by all and deep by deep

and more by more they dream their sleep

noone and anyone earth by april

wish by spirit and if by yes.

Women and men(both dong and ding)

summer autumn winter spring

reaped their sowing and went their came

sun moon stars rain

E.E. Cummings

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I see the Chinese are having a pork shortage over there due to a pig flu that caused them to destroy herds. Pork is their main meat staple over there, so the government is auctioning off 10,000 tons of pork reserves to keep the Chinese happy.

I bet they would love to get their mitts on what I got today. Jumbo packs of tender pork sirloin roasts for $1.00 a lb. 3 pack per customer max. I got my 3 packs and Im going back tomorrow for 3 more. Ill freeze and vaclock it. Got some on the barbeque! 12 lbs for 12 bucks! Wonderful cuts

I have a half a hog going to the butcher in 2 weeks. My brother has been raising it.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
back from riding...short ride but there was a wreck and a dude broke his collarbone so we had to deal with getting him out...pretty fun aside from that...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I broke mine on a bike too. Very painful. Doesn't hurt anymore. My dogs saw a cat while pulling me very fast on the old Bianchi. The leash caught on the handlebar and slammed me on the asphault. Took me 40 minutes to walk one block back home. I don't let them pull me anymore

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
he did a good job of sucking it up...no whining at least...ironically the one person on a fat bike that should have been able to handle the sand...sounds like he did something stupid though...it was a real sumbitch of a hill,really steep in spots with big wheel sucking sand patches...we went up and down it in the dark...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Does anyone know if you can run LEDs on a relay? Using each driver to power 2 banks of qbs like you can with hps/mh? I would imagine it could be possible since its just switching the load to the other every 12 hours.