What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

blue cheese 12/12 from seed oxypot style

Scrogerman

Veteran
Yeah Skotty is right(great advise too), thats why i rec'd Ionic as a nute to use with it. It cant be run with Canna Aqua or any nute line thats organic based or contains organic additives, it'll just break them down, & its possible to mess things up, unbalance things. It works fine with Vitalink Max & ive had no problems using it with Canna Hydro(formerly Substra). I suppose if you wanna use it just check the ingredients for organics. I forgot you hated the stuff skotty, but i must say the Ionic + OXY+, PK & a little SThrive is a Banging little feed & additive programme, especially good for novices or people new to DWC. I gave some to a buddy last year & he couldnt believe the Growth sperts he was getting using the stuff, it does give one hell of a kick & maybe give it a try one of these days buddy, i know its usefull stuff to have about. Any problems in the Res & a quick sterilisation with the OXY & no more Res probs, from high temps etc. Hygrozyme does a similar job but its expensive & like i said before there are steps that need to be taken if you wanna use it with DWC.
The way i see the OXY is its good at clearing your res of All' Bacteria(Good & Bad)a good little growth booster & leaves you with a black canvess in ya res to do what you please, Innoculate with Bene's etc, But yeah you do need to watch what products your using with it for sure-'No Organics'& Bene's etc. Rhizo is another product you cant use it with, Superthrive too. You just need to think about it & box clever! I thought it would be a good idea to advise on a simple nute & addy programme for someone new ish to DWC. It really does produce. Im not sure on the Conniseur, never tried it!
Cheers & Good Luck UptoSumn, hope it runs smooth for ya!

uptosumpn

Veteran
....So if i wanna use the Oxy+ only use these other products for my autos?....>the Ionic +, PK and a little superthrive?? NO ORGANIC STUFF! and my roots/res will be fine??? can I use BUD CANDY<its carbo load & sweet leaf..want a lot of flavor/sweetness...
Yeah Skotty is right(great advise too), thats why i rec'd Ionic as a nute to use with it. It cant be run with Canna Aqua or any nute line thats organic based or contains organic additives, it'll just break them down, & its possible to mess things up, unbalance things. It works fine with Vitalink Max & ive had no problems using it with Canna Hydro(formerly Substra). I suppose if you wanna use it just check the ingredients for organics. I forgot you hated the stuff skotty, but i must say the Ionic + OXY+, PK & a little SThrive is a Banging little feed & additive programme, especially good for novices or people new to DWC. I gave some to a buddy last year & he couldnt believe the Growth sperts he was getting using the stuff, it does give one hell of a kick & maybe give it a try one of these days buddy, i know its usefull stuff to have about. Any problems in the Res & a quick sterilisation with the OXY & no more Res probs, from high temps etc. Hygrozyme does a similar job but its expensive & like i said before there are steps that need to be taken if you wanna use it with DWC.
The way i see the OXY is its good at clearing your res of All' Bacteria(Good & Bad)a good little growth booster & leaves you with a black canvess in ya res to do what you please, Innoculate with Bene's etc, But yeah you do need to watch what products your using with it for sure-'No Organics'& Bene's etc. Rhizo is another product you cant use it with, Superthrive too. You just need to think about it & box clever! I thought it would be a good idea to advise on a simple nute & addy programme for someone new ish to DWC. It really does produce. Im not sure on the Conniseur, never tried it!
Cheers & Good Luck UptoSumn, hope it runs smooth for ya!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i cant answer you question on oxy+ mate cause it aint something i use in my grows only for cleaning my grow equipment after ever grow,its basically a bleach that kills all bacteria, what i do know is you cant mix it with cannzyme or any other zyme nutrient,

scrogger has recommened a nice little nutrient setup for you to start with and his methods are tried and tested by himself

i use canna aqua vega and flores as my base nutes then add pk 13/14 or hammerhead, rhizotonic, carbo load and overdrive that is my nutrient setup, keep it simple

bud candy is good for flowering i opted for just carbo load which gives the plants a real nice flavour on its own.

basic nutrients for dwc

veg and flower
root stimulator
pk
bloom nutes

that is all you need to grow in dwc mate everything else is personal choice as long as you got the basics you will be fine

peace

Mr Commercial

just my input i use a waterfarm recirculating system and a resun 200 aquarium chiller its perfect to keep the water dialled in ive got a current auto grow going on but things are running smoothly.

lowlow

Really nice, a few years ago I also did a perpetual 12/12 grow in coco from seeds under a 150W HPS. I had good results even if I didn't control water's Ph and Ec..
I'd also noted around 3 weeks they show their sex..

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd also noted around 3 weeks they show their sex..

Ruderalis (autos) do that normally at about 3 weeks ...not just under 12/12

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It goes against my experience of autos indoors. Glad those have awesome success at
12/12.
My preference 18/6. Grow on, however it's dialed in!