What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

M

Mr D

I want to post this as I have been thinking about it a great deal as it is similar to what I found from Mendel.

"On the subject of hybrids and stabilising lines, I'd like to say a few words. From the perspective of an experienced and critical smoker, the blending of types can only be done genetically. What I mean to say is that mixing pure Haze weed and pure NL together and smoking it, will not give you the same effect as the hybrid would. The hybrid is better! Inbreeding the hybrid and making F2s and so on will not give you a product that is the equal of the original F1. You may get a different version that is very good, but it won't have that perfect blend of the F1. Subtleties that come from the exact 50-50 blend of the F1 get lost under a layer of more dominant traits that are expressed more and more as you continue to inbreed brothers to sisters.
It's not that I'm against this tek to create an IBL. I know it to be effective, it's just that if you have a F1 hybrid that excels be cause it's a blend of polar opposites, you won't hold on to that by inbreeding to siblings. This method of creating IBLs is more suited to hybrids that are put together because of their similarity of type.
N."
-Nevil, Breeding Techniques

It reminds me of Mendel saying how each successive backcrossed generation of a recessive trait will keep showing up no matter what you do. That means that even if you back cross the initially outcrossed male may give rise to a plant which provides you with something different from the mom.

I am tending to agree with Mendel that backcrossing can be beneficial for bringing out specific traits but it just doesn't seem to be the correct way to go about a breeding regimen.

LT

IMO if you smoked Princess after being familiar with C99 you would immediately note the differences.Something that only a small number of people knew about. Soul was no breeder and C99 was much better than Princess.

The haze influence in C99 was not evident in Princess but detectable in Genius. I feel both Princess and Genius were Sk#1 dominant, while cafe girl was NL dominant.

Apollo 13 (Genius X C88) showed the dominance of SK#1 in both Princess and Genius. What I found most interesting as it related to Soul's "cubing" process was the profound difference between Apollo 11 and Apollo 13.

Soul could spin yarn with the best of them and was caught using sock puppet accounts to hype C99 before Cannabisworld and OG ever came online. I watched it unfold real time.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Plant seeds from the fruit of an f1 hybrid tomato and see what you get. You would need a lot of luck (and seeds) to come up with something like the parent.

Crazy Chester

And if the selected mom is also recessive while the male dominant but not something desirable?

This all goes back to Nevil stating that he was in favor of 1:1 f1 matings. Even an incross of plants from the same line may indeed produce inferior results.

LT

So, breeding your keeper first generation female with your first generation males will give the best chance to get a female like the first one (assuming you can't self-seed her)?

And, breeding every generation of seeds thereafter will make it harder to find one like the first female?

Genes

Thanks brother

Before any seedbank started sell Bros. Grimm gear you could buy from them direct and Cinderella 88 was on the menu. I remember a few growers growing it when I first came online 1998.

Once I harvest the genius 88 seeds you all are welcome to them. I have no intention to sell them or the Genius 99 seeds when I get their. Just a fun little project I'll gladly share with whoever wants them.

Would love to snag some of these :) happy to trade some homemade beans too!! C99 is one of my favourites, never had the pleasure of genius or an older princess work!

LostTribe

Premium user
IMO if you smoked Princess after being familiar with C99 you would immediately note the differences.Something that only a small number of people knew about. Soul was no breeder and C99 was much better than Princess.

The haze influence in C99 was not evident in Princess but detectable in Genius. I feel both Princess and Genius were Sk#1 dominant, while cafe girl was NL dominant.

Apollo 13 (Genius X C88) showed the dominance of SK#1 in both Princess and Genius. What I found most interesting as it related to Soul's "cubing" process was the profound difference between Apollo 11 and Apollo 13.

Soul could spin yarn with the best of them and was caught using sock puppet accounts to hype C99 before Cannabisworld and OG ever came online. I watched it unfold real time.

I sort of see where you are going w the Apollo 13 vs 11 involving more sk#1 w the 13 although I haven't tried either sadly. I think the pics of Apollo 13 could defiantly see more skunk influenced esp after Shiva was incorporated into the c99 cubing.

I just kept thinking about this cotton candy sickly sweet taste I used to find on a few of my old c99 that is not anywhere to be found. Maybe a TC kit would bring something out of the last handful. They are f2's and approximately 15 years old. Haven't gotten one to crack since around 2009.

I am eager to see what results you find at the bx2 offspring and beyond on the female side compared to Genius.

How would you describe the current state of Genius smell and taste wise along with the characteristics of the high?

M

Mr D

I sort of see where you are going w the Apollo 13 vs 11 involving more sk#1 w the 13 although I haven't tried either sadly. I think the pics of Apollo 13 could defiantly see more skunk influenced esp after Shiva was incorporated into the c99 cubing.

I just kept thinking about this cotton candy sickly sweet taste I used to find on a few of my old c99 that is not anywhere to be found. Maybe a TC kit would bring something out of the last handful. They are f2's and approximately 15 years old. Haven't gotten one to crack since around 2009.

I am eager to see what results you find at the bx2 offspring and beyond on the female side compared to Genius.

How would you describe the current state of Genius smell and taste wise along with the characteristics of the high?

Genius has sort of a lemon pledge smell, taste is comparable to a citrusy Sk#1 without the skunkiness.

Genius X Panama produced surprisingly uniform growth, but the terps and buzz had a good bit of variation. I hope to learn a lot from this first backcross about the potential direction this little project will take.

Princess has fruity terps with underlying candy smells. Which explains the cotton candy terps you got from the originals.

LostTribe

Premium user
So, breeding your keeper first generation female with your first generation males will give the best chance to get a female like the first one (assuming you can't self-seed her)?

And, breeding every generation of seeds thereafter will make it harder to find one like the first female?

That would most likely be fine if these were from F1 seed stock but they are likely a minimum of F3. Inbreeding after the initial cubing process might be why we are not seeing any truly candy flavored Cinderella past an F2 generation.

The last time I ran any Cindy that was as sickly sweet as Mr D was talking about was from GNo3 an F2 of original grimm stock. That is the entire point of this thread but I feel a bit different about these 2 keepers as they exhibit a bit of sweet yet not nearly what I was always hoping for. A few have smelled sweet over the years but since GNo3 non have been sweetly on the palate.

I think Mr. D is going about it the right way with the Panama as this provides an initial F1 cross to begin cubing.

LT

Crazy Chester

That would most likely be fine if these were from F1 seed stock but they are likely a minimum of F3. Inbreeding after the initial cubing process might be why we are not seeing any truly candy flavored Cinderella past an F2 generation.

The last time I ran any Cindy that was as sickly sweet as Mr D was talking about was from GNo3 an F2 of original grimm stock. That is the entire point of this thread but I feel a bit different about these 2 keepers as they exhibit a bit of sweet yet not nearly what I was always hoping for. A few have smelled sweet over the years but since GNo3 non have been sweetly on the palate.

I think Mr. D is going about it the right way with the Panama as this provides an initial F1 cross to begin cubing.

LT

Ok, now I think I understand what you are saying, especially this point: "Inbreeding after the initial cubing process might be why we are not seeing any truly candy flavored Cinderella past an F2 generation." So, all we need is to score some F2s - or, if we can't get any more of those, we'll just have to get a female and male F1 (or F1 male pollen) - that should be easy :biglaugh:

M

Mr D

Would love to snag some of these :) happy to trade some homemade beans too!! C99 is one of my favourites, never had the pleasure of genius or an older princess work!

Be happy to send you some. I'll have a limited number of Genius .75 seeds in a month or so if you want some of those. I'd like to find a few people to grow those out right away to compare results.

Facelesdoll

Consider me a text dummy

Consider me a text dummy

Be happy to send you some. I'll have a limited number of Genius .75 seeds in a month or so if you want some of those. I'd like to find a few people to grow those out right away to compare results.

I would like to venture this path. See where we can get with things

Crazy Chester

Hi Mr. D! Count me in too, if you still have 'em. I can put a few of them outside for the upcoming grow season. I have an intuition that I will find a really good male in those seeds, if not a spectacular female!

G

What's the high like

Strong + deep.
picture.php

picture.php

G

The breeding is from Bugman, and is bros Grimm x mosca. 4 phenotypes:

C99 Spear
picture.php

C99 coke can
picture.php

C99 pineapple1