What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Share n' learn at my AF Guerilla, 65N!

Femora

How to do it...

How to do it...

Heya!

@420
I think its 360L of soil (100g?) And... in there I have 15 plants that are not feminized. The maled will be culled.., Im planning on relocating at least one male of each strain to take pollen if possible.

That grow is not to far away from a road, so that carrying wasnt that bad.. What sucked was the 1300 liters soil/leca/nets/tarpaulins to the big spot :p

------------------------------

Im longing for my visit in the main garden.. the 18 strains.. later this week! It will be really interesting to see how and if some plants are ahead of others, if they are all in some transplant-shock or what going on..
My guess is that they will be recovered from the transplant and started growing, but the weather has not been as good as mid-may so I doubt they started takin off just yet.

So until I have some green pics to show you I thought I'll try to explain you how I got 100 plants out into the forrest!

First off I got some moving-boxes. They fitted 24 each if stuffed together and used some pack-paper in the bot to keep the cups from turning over.

picture.php

Then, I picked up a plank and did like this;

picture.php

You might notice that I taped the handles.. This was really useful on my kind of box! If not this; the inner part of the box would come loose within time and it would most probably hurt the small girls..
Better safe then sorry!

And, make sure you secure the box to the plank! I did like this;

picture.php

Then just pick it up over your shoulder and start walking. Beware of branches and shit that you might trip over, and from bumping the boxes into stuff.. The vision is a bit restricted. Lol!

And this is how the Tarpaulins looked before and after I got a camo-net over it:
You cant really see it on the pics... but those tarpaulins was quite reflective. I guess a minor airplane on low altitude wouldnt have any problems spotting them... especially not with like 6-7 of them laying around, and you never know who might be the pilot... hrrrm....

picture.php

Im really satisfied with the amount of water I get in those... I guess that when they all are "full" (overflowing) I have about 250L water.. And at this rate they are overfilled all the time.. Hehehe..

Stay safe!
Remember to enjoy life, eh! :blowbubbles:

redlevels

nic!! :) loving the "camo" and the boxes and plank for transport, amazing work man.

what ya doing or planning for the water needs, do you go and water or hope for the rains to do it?

i have a spot but it dont get much rain through out the year...

Last edited:

Femora

How come everyone assume I am a man....?

Anyway; Collecting rain is my only water-option at this spot and the tarpaulins help me bulk it... :)
Im planning to use it to feed them, and to just extra-water them.. AND in case of extreme heat and no rain during a week/10 days this will (hopefylly) be what saves them from drying out in a early stage.

blackone

Veteran
Yes baby! Thats what I call a great start! This is perhaps the most promising auto guerrilla I've seen this year.

Highcountry

Interesting technique for moving plants. I take mine out in 30gal totes or tubs, 2 at a time. Each tote holds a little over 50 plants. Mind you, I'm quite a bit bigger than the average person. :) Thanks for sharing!

Femora

Yes baby! Thats what I call a great start! This is perhaps the most promising auto guerrilla I've seen this year.

That's flattering! Thank you very much! :tiphat:

Cuzz women usually don't think up all this kinda shit man. FLMAO.

Also because my wife and doughters just told me you're a man.

Now what are you Femora? :D

Eeeeeerrr.. May I ask how you put it out to your wife and daughters when you got that conclusion from em? Hehehehee....

"-Hey beautiful loved ones! What do you think.. Is a female capable of moving 100 cannabis almost a 1 km into the forrest, and arrange 1,5 m2 with equipment such as soil, camo-nets, raincatchers etc... to thesame place... AND keep another 2 spots with 200-300 liter soil, with another 15-20 plants each... or does it HAVE to be a man?"

HEHEHEhehehehe!

I went to see the 2 separate AK47 thats supposed to be my CS males... I was, least to say, suprised to see that the small lady I put outside has recovered from the transplant and has now surpassed the bigger plant I put outside about a week later...
Its almost as high, and is way bushier, more and bigger branches and leafs.
Didn't bring a camera.. I wasent expecting anything like this already when thinking about how they were just 3-4 days ago.

Anyway, this increase the excitement to go to the big spot in a few days and see how they do.. Weeeeiiiii!! :whee:

This makes me long even more to see those 2 plants that has a week on the rest of em.. How are they looking now...? Thesame?! Like monsters?

However.. I'm already now a bit concerned about the timeframe of this project.. Beginning of september will be busy with work, and I would like to see preflower on most of the ladies before 1 July. That should give me a possibility to start harvest some strains in late Aug.

LOL! :laughing: I just cant stop thinking about how you put it out to your family offthehook!
I get the wierdest moviescene in my head... Hahahahaha!

Sleep tight fellas! I'll fall asleep smiling atleast! :)

Stay safe!
Fem~

offthehook

Veteran
Well, I just asked them cuzz I didn't have the faintest clue I could be thinking of you as a women too.

They said if not a man, then she must be a 'telaketju lesbo'... yups there was some agreement on that after I showed them the latter part of your thread. (telaketju are those tracks underneath a caterpillar or armee tank in Finnish. lol.)

Well, if so, then I lift my hat to you for pulling this off even more.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
tiphat.gif
[/FONT]

facedark

Looks awesome. Ser fram emot att följa denna tråd. Har själv en lite guerilla-grow här nere i skåne.. :) Dock bara ett 20-tal plantor!

O

OKD

LOL! :laughing: I just cant stop thinking about how you put it out to your family offthehook! I get the wierdest moviescene in my head... Hahahahaha!...Sleep tight fellas! I'll fall asleep smiling atleast! :)....Fem~

...then she must be a 'telaketju lesbo'... yups there was some agreement on that after I showed them the latter part of your thread. (telaketju are those tracks underneath a caterpillar or armee tank in Finnish. lol.)

Wow this has triggered strange gender discussions halfway around the world! The gf says you may be a gay man trapped in a woman's body...it's LGBT day at her work tomorrow...
I say good grow Femora!

wiklund

Wow this has triggered strange gender discussions halfway around the world! The gf says you may be a gay man trapped in a woman's body...it's LGBT day at her work tomorrow...
I say good grow Femora!

My wife would not have any problem to pull of the same kind of operation any day in the week. The same goes for many women i know.

Maybe Swedish, European women are just "smarter" then the American women.

Peace!

loke30

Weed seems to thrive where nettle thrives.:tiphat:
This is true. I'd like to try the opposite of a nettle site for one small grow next year though. My dad grows early potatoes in pure sand. The sand drains water very well which is especially important in early season here with large amounts of rain. For fertilizer he uses only freshly cut grass from the lawn. The grass is high in nutrients, especially N, in early season. The potatoes grow really quick and yields amazingly well, most of the time better than his regular potatoes in soil.
I think this would work for MJ as well, and I will use any greens for fertilizer such as nettles, leaves etc. not only grass. My grow spots have lots of greens. It will be harder to find sand, but low nutrient soil is no problem:) This could be sandy or peat based soil. Also I need nets against rådyr!

I came to think of this method when looking at your picks fem, the soil looks very sandy. I'd like to point out that there is no need to use sand only. I'm sure it will work just as well with any soil low on nutrients, but then you might lose the drainage benefit. For this reason I wouldn't use clay based soil.
If you don't need soil it would save you a lot of carrying, but I don't know if greens are easily available to you. It will be hard to carry them from far away too.... You would also need to put on greens on a weekly basis, every now and then you may wait two weeks. An added bonus is that greens, and especially grass, holds moisture in the sand very well so you might not have to use those water collectors.
In my grow I will also add lime preseason, especially important if soil is peat based and acidic, and potash when the girls enter flowering for some extra P and K. I'm an organic, green guy so no industrial fertilizers here:biggrin:

Love your grow and efforts so far:headbange Will follow this thread and hopefully get some good advice for hardy strains up north:)

afgan11

Good job Femora! Interesting strains and nice spots,i hope u will get lots of good weed man. I will follow your updatings everyday.
Afgan11 - says Hello! from N65 (FIN)

Femora

Im sorry folks...

Im sorry folks...

I the cpu wasent really fixed, it seems... LOL

So Ive only been around on a phone and its quite impossible to make big update without pics, eh!?
Well, now im here.. lets get started!

I feel the game has changed from setting and preparation to watch them grow and take care of their needs. Im feeling quite eased to recon that fact. Its been so much this spring/early summer with this setup..

Anyways; it feels great! The ladies are starting to pick up in speed.

First of is Garden #2
Its 10 Budwiders to the left, 5 Auto Diesel Mix to the right and a few AK47 in the middle.

This is Day 31, 1 week since transplant. Id say they got stunted like fools.. Cant blaim them I guess..

picture.php

A closeup of a Budwider

picture.php

And here at Day 38

picture.php

Before you all spill out... "Sooo sloooooowww......" ...remember where Im growing. Hehehe...
I have a estemated seed-harvest at 95-110 days.

And I thought I'd show you the 2 AK47s. Both are in the vanguard (+10 days of the rest of the show..)

Im really amazed to see them SBS and see how they perform...
(I previosly found 3 phenos in the strain, 2 smilar in yield and high, but a little different leafs/branching, and then the indica-pheno with insane dense nugs)

So! Here they are!
Day 46

picture.php

The right one seems to thrive..!

picture.php

I noticed that the 10 days older plants seem to get some necrotic leafparts when transplanted.. Is that just a severe transplant-shock/trauma? Can it be related to the damage caused to the roots when transplanting, cus they were so small that the mud/rootball fell apart less or more..
Any doctors around??

More about the dead leafs....

Femora

...right here!

...right here!

Yeah, dead leafs it was, eh..?

Here is a mixed bed in the front, and a ak-47 vanguards and 1 week-separate Transplant-test.

Day 35!

picture.php

I sorted this pic somewhat... Arrows and rings is thesame age (+10 days of the others) and the arrows been transplanted a week later then the rings. The left ring got snailattacked at the stem. Dunno if it will manage to recover.

picture.php

Lets take a look at one of the Necrotics...

picture.php

The sis next to her looks thesame, and has started to attack-flower...

picture.php

Is there a bigger hermie-risk if they flower like this cus of transplantshock?
I would rather cut them, then 'infect' the whole garden.. aye. lol

So.. I have nutes in place at the sites, buckets with water to blend em, a 300 liter water buff atm... And weather seems to keep on beeing kind on my garden. We have 20-25C daytime - 12-15C Nighttime and pretty good with sun...

*Laying back, daydreaming about sitting in the field, smoke a lil' and rest the shadow of the (lol, mini...)garden!*

Anyways, its downhill. Most of the hard work is over, until harvest comes.
Aaahhh...
Ive been planning this action so many hours during the winter, and to finally execute it feels just amazing! WWEEEeeeeiiiiiii!!

Over and out for now. :)
Stay safe!
Fem~

Latest posts

Latest posts