Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Vertical Scrog

Thread Title Search
Vertical Scrog Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2012, 07:48 AM #31
Bonzo

Bonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to all

FREEDOM for BONZ

"When one objectively acknowledges, accepts, and embraces one's weaknesses; they in fact, no longer continue to be that."(PTD)
Bonzo is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:54 AM #32
NorCalGanjanetX

NorCalGanjanetX will become famous soon enoughNorCalGanjanetX will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichabod Crane View Post
I am sure a strain whore.
more like big pimpin bro can't wait to see what you choose

Old 07-28-2012, 04:59 PM #33
Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGanjanetX View Post
more like big pimpin bro can't wait to see what you choose
That sounds so much better. I guess I am just a weed pimp.

Mega there is not much to my design, just a pump and blumats. Get some sleep and you will see it clearly. Well maybe not, if you have the GSC strain.

Hello Bonzo

Vertical Scrogg
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837
Ichabod Crane is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2012, 06:06 PM #34
Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivor
Here is how I build my screens.

The base is made with the following pieces:

4 elbows
2 tees
4 pieces of 1 1/2 inch pvc pipe
2 pieces 22 inch pvc pipe
2 pieces 15 1/2 inch pvc pipe (up right piece varies with pot height)

All pipe is 3/4 inch pvc pipe. The 15 1/2 inch pipe can be adjusted up or down for your pot height. Mine fit a 5 gallon dirt bag.

Here is how the base looks when put together.

Next I assemble the screen supports.

You will need the following parts:

4 tees
2 pieces of 22 inch pvc pipe
2 pieces of 46 inch pvc pipe

Again all parts are 3/4 inch pvc. Take this and connect it to the base like this.

In order to add stability to the screens they are connected at the top like the next photo shows.

The parts for this are:

2 elbows
2 pieces of 1 1/2 inch pvc pipe
1 piece of 4 inch pvc pipe ( can vary)

The 4 inch piece can vary if you want to move your plants away from the light some.

Here is the picture of this piece installed to the screen tops.

Now the finishing touches.

I use 2 X 4 inch rubber coated screen on the back to tie to. On the back of this screen I run reflectix insulation. The screen is attached with zip ties at 2 per side. The foil insulation is connected with pipe cleaners I picked up at Walmart. I use the twist ties at the top only so I can get to the back of my plant and trim later after stretch is over.

The parts for this last step are:

1 piece of 2 X 4 inch screen 24 inches by 48 inches
8 zip ties
2 pipe cleaners
1 piece of 24 inch by 48 inch reflectix

This is how this looks.

Two additional things are to not tie the pipe cleaners but just wrap them around the top piece of pipe and twist around the screen top. I take the reflectix off when I harvest so that I can untie the plant. If they are just twisted I can unwrap them quickly and reuse the tie. To connect this twist tie I just poke a hole in the reflectix about 1.5 inches from the 48 inch long side near the top.

Save the pipe cleaners as they can be used to tie your plant to the screen to train it to grow where you want it to. I find that the white pipe cleaners are the easiest to see when it comes time to remove the plant from the screen.

Vertical Scrogg

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:05 AM #35
Marlo
Wall of Famer

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future
Tagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSPB View Post
The purpose was to metaphorically stack the deck with the best possible hand in the plants corner, so when we simply mimic rain, the plant can go all in.

NSPB Full Life Formula

Marlo is offline Quote

Old 07-30-2012, 01:17 AM #36
Ichabod Crane

Hello Marlo nice to have you. Learned and am still learning a lot from your grows.

Vertical Scrogg

Old 07-30-2012, 01:27 AM #37
Ichabod Crane

Ok so I took two more pictures of my blumat system.

They are of my reservoir system. I have a float valve hooked up to my RO unit so it tops off a reservoir for the blumats. I intend to mix and then let gravity run it to my flower room by opening a valve. Here is a picture of that set up.

The valve in the back is the one for the flower room. The reservoir in the front is were I get water for my other plants. I am hand watering the rest of my plants. I will eventually get them on blumats as well when time permits, and I have worked a little more with them.

Vertical Scrogg

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:58 AM #38
Ichabod Crane

So I thought it would be good to post up my nutes. Here is what I use to feed my plants

Yara brand Calcium Nitrate
Jacks Professional 5-12-26
Monopotassium Phosphate (MKP)
Sterosal
Potassium Silicate
H&G Drip Clean

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php...ctureid=918840

So I guess you want to know what the heck I am using milkstone remover for huh? It is food grade phosphoric acid with a wetting agent. I use about 1.5 ml per 5 gallons to bring my PH down about a half point. In other words it is a very strong PH down and only $13 for a gallon at Tractor Supply.

Up to this point I have been hand watering my plants. I have mixed my own concentrates to mix with. My concentrates are the following.

880 grams 5-12-26 per gallon
644 grams Calcium Nitrate per gallon
792 grams MKP per gallon

Basically I take the above and put it in a gallon jug and top off with RO water. I shake this and let it set till I finish the jug I am using. I dump some from the gallon jug into a smaller 1 quart container to make it easier to measure.

Now here is how I use these to feed my plants:

Veg and week 1-5 of flower
1 ml Drip Clean per gallon
1 ml Potassium Silicate per gallon
10 ml 5-12-26 concentrate per gallon
10 ml Calcium Nitrate concentrate per gallon
PH down with the Sterosal to 5.8

Week 6 flower
5 ml Calcium Nitrate concentrate per gallon
5 ml MKP per gallon

Week 7 flower
10 ml MKP concentrate per gallon

Week 8 flower
20 ml MKP per gallon

Week 9 flower
flush with RO water

If I have a 8 week strain I remove week 5 and move everything up a week after that.

If I have a ten week strain I repeat week 6 and move everthing after that back one week.

The above will come out at a EC close to 1.5 or about 750 PPM.

I get my MKP and Potassium Silicate from Hydro Gardens in Colorado springs Colorado. Be aware that the boxes are not discrete and come marked Hydro-Gardens.

I have not run the blumats yet and will have to work on this formula some. My goal is to follow the above the best that I can by reducing my main reservoir in the flower room and topping with a new batch.

Any questions just ask.

Vertical Scrogg

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:09 AM #39
Ichabod Crane

I gues I should have mentioned above that my ration for the Jack's to Calcium Nitrate is off. I run at about 1:0.75 which is higher on the calcium nitrate then jacks recommends. They recommend 1:0.66. I did this because the coco I run in gives off Potassium, I add Potassium with the Potassium Silicate and I also add Potassium and Phosphate with the drip clean. It does not seem to bother my plants and I don't get any burn on my leaf tips.

And Bobblehead says my stuff smokes some what OK.

Vertical Scrogg

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:16 AM #40
Sqydro

Sqydro will become famous soon enoughSqydro will become famous soon enoughSqydro will become famous soon enough
very informative and sweet set up il be watching closely mate as im hoping to assemble something similar in the next few days but with HGO's dripper coco dtw kinda set up, but i wanna use screens like your self for max plant yield and plus the chiesel outgrows the kali and agent o i use so il need to it down some!!
Sqydro is offline Quote