What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starke's Story: An LED Tale

starke

Thanks caljim. There has been visual improvement since the first treatments of NPS. The damage appears to have quit climbing up the branches and the leaves are praying towards the lights again instead of being very droopy. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
I like the defoliating. All that root system and nice developed stems will serve those carefully chosen and developed bud sites really well. I foresee serious support for those branching coming before long... nice :)

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
listen bro - that room of yours looks less than 30qsft - 2 of those strips for at least 48hrs and your should be seeing some new growth - that dichlorvos is NO JOKE to these pests
floramite will work really well for spider mites so either way, but for what youve got , grab some extra nps for your veg area as well

and wettable sulfer is super cheap and can be found in seednfeeds

starke

Spaventa: This is the heaviest I have defoliated a plant so I'm in uncharted territory. Hoping for the best. Bought a bunch of yo-yos though just in case those stems do need support.

Boyd: Flower is about 40 square feet and I have two hanging in there. Have one in the 20 square foot veg/clone room.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
so did you flip those defoled girls yet?
if not , let them bounce back a week or two if those nps show signs of improvement
i have plenty of forbid pm me if you do indeed scope those critters

they are red
russet red - rust red
its easy to blend into the stems and stalks
i would look on the leaves that are just beginning to leather up and fade

starke

Boyd: The girls have shown great improvement in the last 48 hours or so. Going to continue to to treat with the NPS at lights/fans out for another three or four days. If they continue to improve like they have so far, I'll probably flip this coming Saturday.

Last edited:

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Well the girls survived this past week and are looking much happier. I am continuing with the fan/lights off application of the No Pest Strips each night and will continue to do so until Friday. Going to flip on Saturday. I have continued to scope the plants and after getting more familiar and steadier with my digital microscope I can confirm I indeed have/had russet mites. Have not seen a live one so far so I think I may be on the up side. Another big thanks to Boyd Crowder. Without his noticing my problem (and from a shitty pic at that) I probably would have lost this run.

As they looked a week ago:

picture.php

This morning:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Looking better...its gonna get wild in there with those long arms.

That durn Crowder, always helping out and being resourceful. Makes the rest of us look like were slacking' :)

starke

Yeah caljim, these girls got too big while I was building the room. The stretch on the Hawaiian Snow and the Super Lemon Haze isn't too bad but I have never grown the Liberty Haze or Juan Herer before. I'll just keep bending, pinching and tying as needed to keep them out of the lights. In my first grow box I ended up with more buds growing horizontally than vertically by harvest time.

Oh man it's looking much better. Serious defoaliation seems crazy at first, but it works. Much better density further down the canopy with my experience. Keep up the good work!

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
yooo - lookin boss in that bitch!
them girls bounced back quick , once you got those pests under control
id suggest you go into flower with the nps through week 4 - the halflife of dichlorvos i think is 30 days. i would suggest a spray of forbid if you can , riaght before the flip , then a few days later to get the scragglers

starke

Thanks Boyd. Sprayed yesterday with Forbid for the first time. I will continue with NPS as you suggest. Thanks again.

starke

Update - Flower Day 1

Update - Flower Day 1

Just a quick entry to document the beginning of flower. These are all sativa dom girls so I am running them on an 11/13 light cycle. Should not take them long to start since they have been throwing random pistils for over six weeks. Randy little wenches.

Flower Day 1

picture.php

Peace,
starke

Wsreggsandbacon

Congrats on getting your ladies back to health! I'm excited to follow your grow. I have my eye on 4 Optilux right now but I'm nervous to pull the trigger on them.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ow do starke looks like its gonna be bouncing in there soon looks like I arrived in time nice and clean in there best of luck to you :tiphat:

starke

Weekly Update Flower Day 7

Weekly Update Flower Day 7

Today marks the end of the first week of flower and the girls are all beginning to stretch a bit, the Juan Herer least of all so far. I think maybe the russets have been vanquished but am going to continue running the No Pest Strips for another two weeks.

Last Week:

picture.php

Today:

picture.php

Pistils coming on strong:

picture.php

Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

starke

Weekly Update Flower Day 14

Weekly Update Flower Day 14

Happy Easter and April Fools Day everyone...and a shout out to my mom who turned 90 today. Still going strong. Hell she para-sailed on a cruise with us last year.

Anyway...today marks the end of two weeks of flower. The ladies continue to stretch and put on budsites. I'm probably going to have to figure out how to raise the front light as I'm beginning to see slight bleaching on the Liberty Haze plant centered under it. A little creativity and I should be able to gain another six or eight inches.

The ladies have really blossomed in the last week with the vanquishing of the russets. Next Sunday they will receive another defol and by then it looks like they will need it badly.

Feed is staying around 700ppm/.5 scale and the ladies seem happy with it.

Last Week:

picture.php

This Morning:

picture.php

Next update next Sunday unless I do something stupid between now and then.

Peace,
starke