What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

good oil pen??

blastfrompast

Veteran
discreete...mebbe a cloud...looks like your sucking on a usb stick..

I like my seego globe..seems to hit better than my now dead cloud 2.0 (lasted a month an around an oz of bho).

Calimed

Veteran
Seego v-hit or a variable voltage battery and the small oil carts from gentlemans club are good.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive been thinking of going the mechanical mod route
with a rebuildable atomizer

actually been really thinking hammer mod....
but unsure of battery size
cause the hammers look sick with the 18350
with the 18650 they need an extension and it ruins the pipe look
fashion before function!

i want nail hits....

010a_zps02d151b1.jpg

K

kingtut106

RBA/RDA if you want to have control of the variables of your pen. If not just buy a micro g, but be ready for it to break haha

hammalamma

Veteran
ive been thinking of going the mechanical mod route
with a rebuildable atomizer

actually been really thinking hammer mod....
but unsure of battery size
cause the hammers look sick with the 18350
with the 18650 they need an extension and it ruins the pipe look
fashion before function!

i want nail hits....

View Image
You will not get nail hits off a 18350 battery safely. I build these things every day at work and to get power needed to safely make huge hits you need an 18650 imr battery.
These are the best right now:
http://illuminationsupply.com/batte...gh-discharge-flat-top-p-966.html#.UzxEoqhdWYE

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
Learn more about Vape Pens in the next issue of IC Magazine.

I'm working on the story, atm. :)

BTW, it will include a review of Gentleman's Vapes.

-Skip

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You will not get nail hits off a 18350 battery safely. I build these things every day at work and to get power needed to safely make huge hits you need 18650 imr battery.
These are the best right now:
http://illuminationsupply.com/batte...gh-discharge-flat-top-p-966.html#.UzxEoqhdWYE

great info
the 18650 is the way to go huh? sweet

Any other tips on how to get a nail hitting unit?
The micro Gs, the atmos style - they work. nicely. but they are like cute little "bumps" when I want to take RIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPZZZZZZZ

then i dont like the look of the hammers with the bigger batteries extensions they lose the slick "pipe" look.

hmmmmm
sounds like I should just go for a mechanical mod like the Smok Mageneto & a nice rda/rba...

I REALLY like the looks of the Maraxus + Lotus RDA...

$_12.JPG

Can you tell what I want? Big, heavy, and hard hitting... wheres that??? How do we do that??

Aloha

hammalamma

Veteran
Get a magneto or a nemesis clone and a dripping atomizer and learn how to build your own coils. I have found that stainless steel or ceramic wicks work best.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get a magneto or a nemesis clone and a dripping atomizer and learn how to build your own coils. I have found that stainless steel or ceramic wicks work best.

alright!
any rda significantly better than the rest?
I've seen nimbus, patriot, lotus....

also, any recommended links for learning how to build your own coil?

mahaloi nui for the info

This one got a high rating from our testers...

http://www.gentlemansvapes.com/products/viceroy-kit

I have one of those. Its cool. Its like a little 'bump'.
which is great. but i like to walk around like a zombie hahahaha
edit: correction - i have a Vhit Ceego atomizer w 510 threading. not the gentlemens vape model.

K

kingtut106

If you want clouds get something that has three posts so you can run dual coils

hush

Señor Member
Veteran

What is the difference between the pen in that kit, and the one in the ambassador kit? Does anyone know? I just ordered the ambassador kit the other day, and I swear that other one wasn't even listed on the product page, or I would have tried comparing the two. I can see that the kit comes with the globes instead of cartridges, but is the pen any different?

hammalamma

Veteran
alright!
any rda significantly better than the rest?
I've seen nimbus, patriot, lotus....

The patriot is nice, but a lil pricey for what it is. I think 101vapes has them on sale right now. Any igo will work stay away from the "L" as it only has two posts, dual coils can be a pain in ass without a third. If you want to get a clean "look" get something that is 22mm diameter to match your mod. Make sure whatever one you get has decent sized post holes to accommodate thicker wire.

Youtube for coil building, "Rip trippers" is annoying but a good starting point.

RHH

Thanks Skip!

Hush said:
What is the difference between the pen in that kit, and the one in the ambassador kit? Does anyone know? I just ordered the ambassador kit the other day, and I swear that other one wasn't even listed on the product page, or I would have tried comparing the two. I can see that the kit comes with the globes instead of cartridges, but is the pen any different?

The one in the viceroy kit is shorter and is 450mah. The 750mah battery in the Ambassador has 3 voltage settings and pass-through charging.

I definitely underestimated people's desires for bigger batteries. I will try to offer bigger battery options all around in the future.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran

I have tried several of these pens and this one is the best so far. You can smoke oil, drysift and bud. Using a variable voltage battery seems to burn through coils. The one Skip is showing I have tried also and it just doesn't hold enough product. With the small E-go battery it will fit in a shirt pocket without being seen.

RHH

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49855&pictureid=1191217&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I have tried several of these pens and this one is the best so far. You can smoke oil, drysift and bud. Using a variable voltage battery seems to burn through coils. The one Skip is showing I have tried also and it just doesn't hold enough product. With the small E-go battery it will fit in a shirt pocket without being seen.

http://www.gentlemansvapes.com/products/v2-mega-oil-cartridge-holds-1-gram-new

That guy holds >1g if capacity is what you are after. It's our current best seller.