What's new

Info on The Real Seed Company?

thejact55

Nice leaves. My lebanese had the same giant leaves. I just popped 4 lebs that are seedling. I have some nanda devi with giant ass leaves going also outside that i probably have a couple males. Might collect pollen and hit the lebs later on, make a giant leave hybrid. Just a thought and a dream right now lol.

CannaZen

Cool! I'm so fucking jealous, I'm planning to find a suitable male. The Sinai Egyptian, Syrian and the turkish are interesting i should like to grow them. I think the leb will take on pine trees! I bet 1/3 may be CBD content we shall see. I don't want to crossbreed before going deeper, past some generations.

The flowers are supposed to be finished developing by the end of September, I think the thin loose inner leaves may help with aeration during the cold and damp fall with the frosts.

Last edited:

thejact55

I grew out one leb summer before last outdoors for smoke, it felt like it had cbd heavy. I like the sinai alot, more thc than cbd for sure but nice high and huge yeilder of medium density buds. I missed out on syrian. Just scooped up the turkish. Another one to not look over is the chitrali. Phenos galore and some cbd in there.
Ya ive been just making hella pure seeds and want to dive in deep to take a good look at the strains before i select and male crosses. Same boat here, i just keep getting more seeds though so crossing keeps getting further and further put lol.
I just wanted to pop some lebs to see how the offspring looked, then one night decided that it might go well with nanda.

ngakpa

Veteran
Hi CannaZen,

Nice grow, looks like you have a pretty clone there - hope she yields some good smoke.

The theory about hemp and indicas is based on flimsy evidence, I think.

It's pretty clear that Lebanese strains originated from Asian 'drug' cannabis populations. Most likely the genetics in Iraq, Syria, Egypt arrived from eastern Persia and Afghanistan direction, at least 800 years ago, but probably earlier. There may also have been influence from Egyptian and Greek genes more recently in the '30s.

Blue Hemp?

[/URL]

I'm not sure the intended significance of 'Blue Hemp' here. There was a seedbank by this name that sold a Lebanese strain some years ago, but has since vanished.

So for sake of clarity:

I can assure you that this strain, though it has since been open-pollinated in the West, originally came direct from Bekaa. I know because I went there myself more than a decade ago and personally collected the seeds in Lebanon.

It's nice to see that this Lebanese appears to be getting around these days, in various forms, haha.

Best seeds bank j try in 50n Chitrali and Lebanese niece hashplants Chitrali end mid October mid November Lebanese end September one looks like sativa foxitail looks like as field pic from Lebanon

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Yesterday, I finally ran a Beam test and a few TLCs with some gifted crosses I grew in '15 and '16. Turns out that the PCK (Ace) x Lebanese (RSC) was about 1:1 THC:CBD, the other Lebanese and Sinai crosses were pure THC.

CannaZen

I don't know, I said she seems reminiscent of kush but no i don't really think so. She has some big fucking leaves oh my god, let me tell you, The real seed company Lebanese is such a fucking genuine Indica cultivar the leaves are so fucking fucking amazing, if they're not true hashplants then i don't know what the fuck is.

Yeah people will tell you about all their hybridizations but I can tell I'm going to keep it pure, there's no need to crossbreed now. I have 24 Chitrali on hand that i may grow out, of course i'm growing the Chitrali but with the Lebanese Like its all there. Indica, AKA BLD right? The genetic analysis was not a falsehood, Indica originated from hemp! Cannabis Indica IS uniform successions of hemp.. and hemp has more genetic data in the database, hemp is fucking hemp is fucking hemp!! Hemp is a rabid, savage motherfucker. Whether you want to admit it or not the data is not a lie. The THC content is derived as an Indica/Sativa Hybrid. We should know that Cannabis originated from the wild not very different from hemp, Long before it became a cultivated species and resin and potency became so pronounced as it were today. You know How the fuck had Sativa became distinct from Hemp with THC? I would find that an most interesting development.

muhahaha <3

Last edited:

CannaZen

picture.php

picture.php

Hemp did that. Thats pretty fucking cool.

ngakpa

Veteran
Probably Ace only have oldsholl lebanese . Rsc lebs looks like more paki gen.

oh mate, hahaha

Literally within a couple of posts of me explaining that I collected this Lebanese myself in Bekaa in 2008 - hahahaha - fair play

this is a pure landrace maintained outside Lebanon by open-pollination

ngakpa

Veteran
I don't know, I said she seems reminiscent of kush but no i don't really think so. She has some big fucking leaves oh my god, let me tell you, The real seed company Lebanese is such a fucking genuine Indica cultivar the leaves are so fucking fucking amazing, if they're not true hashplants then i don't know what the fuck is.

Yeah people will tell you about all their hybridizations but I can tell I'm going to keep it pure, there's no need to crossbreed now. I have 24 Chitrali on hand that i may grow out, of course i'm growing the Chitrali but with the Lebanese Like its all there. Indica, AKA BLD right? The genetic analysis was not a falsehood, Indica originated from hemp! Cannabis Indica IS uniform successions of hemp.. and hemp has more genetic data in the database, hemp is fucking hemp is fucking hemp!! Hemp is a rabid, savage motherfucker. Whether you want to admit it or not the data is not a lie. The THC content is derived as an Indica/Sativa Hybrid. We should know that Cannabis originated from the wild not very different from hemp, Long before it became a cultivated species and resin and potency became so pronounced as it were today. You know How the fuck had Sativa became distinct from Hemp with THC? I would find that an most interesting development.

muhahaha <3

nah, sorry

afaik there's one study that tentatively suggests this link to hemp (iirc it's Hillig)

it's not something to put any weight on

these studies don't have adequate representations of landraces

iirc Hillig used only four or five 'indicas' ('afghanicas') and only iirc two accessions are direct from Af-Pak... the rest are from Dutch seed companies

it's not sufficient to base anything conclusive on

this is from Ernest Small (2017-ish) who's the most reliable authority imo

CannaZen

Open Access
Peer-reviewed

• Jason Sawler,
  • Jake M. Stout,
  • Kyle M. Gardner,
  • Darryl Hudson,
  • John Vidmar,
  • Laura Butler,
  • Jonathan E. Page ,
  • Sean Myles

Link:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0133292

Despite its cultivation as a source of food, fibre and medicine, and its global status as the most used illicit drug, the genus Cannabis has an inconclusive taxonomic organization and evolutionary history. Drug types of Cannabis (marijuana), which contain high amounts of the psychoactive cannabinoid Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), are used for medical purposes and as a recreational drug. Hemp types are grown for the production of seed and fibre, and contain low amounts of THC. Two species or gene pools (C. sativa and C. indica) are widely used in describing the pedigree or appearance of cultivated Cannabis plants. Using 14,031 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) genotyped in 81 marijuana and 43 hemp samples, we show that marijuana and hemp are significantly differentiated at a genome-wide level, demonstrating that the distinction between these populations is not limited to genes underlying THC production. We find a moderate correlation between the genetic structure of marijuana strains and their reported C. sativa and C. indica ancestry and show that marijuana strain names often do not reflect a meaningful genetic identity. We also provide evidence that hemp is genetically more similar to C. indica type marijuana than to C. sativa strains.
We observe a putative C. indica marijuana strain from Pakistan that is genetically more similar to hemp than it is to other marijuana strains (Fig 1a). Similarly, the hemp sample CAN 37/97 clusters more closely with marijuana strains (Fig 1a). These outliers may be due to sample mix-up or their classification as hemp or marijuana may be incorrect. The sample of CAN 37/97 that we genotyped was from a Canadian hemp germplasm collection, which obtained this accession from the IPK Genebank (Gatersleben, Germany). The original source country is France but there is limited information to indicate the cultivation of CAN 37/97 as hemp. Alternatively, these samples may be true outliers and represent exceptional strains that are genetically unlike others in their group. Using the current data set, the unambiguous identification of a sample as either hemp or marijuana would be possible in the former case, but not in the latter. In any case, we find that the primary axis of genetic variation in Cannabis differentiates hemp from marijuana.
These results significantly expand our understanding of the evolution of marijuana and hemp lineages in Cannabis. Previous analyses have shown that marijuana and hemp differ in their capacity for cannabinoid biosynthesis, with marijuana possessing the BT allele coding for tetrahydrocannabinolic acid synthase and hemp typically possessing the BD allele for cannabidiolic acid synthase [7]. As well, transcriptome analysis of female flowers showed that cannabinoid pathway genes are significantly upregulated in marijuana compared to hemp, as expected from the very high THC levels in the former compared to the latter [3]. Our results indicate that the genetic differences between the two are distributed across the genome and are not restricted to loci involved in cannabinoid production. In addition, we find that levels of heterozygosity are higher in hemp than in marijuana (Fig 1b; Mann-Whitney U-test, p-value = 8.64 x 10−14), which suggests that hemp cultivars are derived from a broader genetic base than that of marijuana strains and/or that breeding among close relatives is more common in marijuana than in hemp.

ic

Attachments

• journal.pone.0133292.g001.PNG
    journal.pone.0133292.g001.PNG
    82.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

ngakpa

Veteran
Yes, that supports what I'm saying.

It's a single study with tentative results based on uncertain and inadequate samples.

CannaZen

So Cannabis Indica is a hybrid of Hemp and Sativa except for hemp has an more 'broad' genetic base and that Indica is also popular for CBD. I don't know when i look at the leaves, the finger counts and the leaf ratios and sizes its very interesting how dynamic she is.

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
nah, sorry

afaik there's one study that tentatively suggests this link to hemp (iirc it's Hillig)

it's not something to put any weight on

these studies don't have adequate representations of landraces

iirc Hillig used only four or five 'indicas' ('afghanicas') and only iirc two accessions are direct from Af-Pak... the rest are from Dutch seed companies

it's not sufficient to base anything conclusive on

this is from Ernest Small (2017-ish) who's the most reliable authority imo

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61379&pictureid=1868159&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

i just wanted to show this picture in a bigger version so everyone can read it :)

34495895_424509881347079_5003639463935475712_n.jpg

48N

Yesterday, I finally ran a Beam test and a few TLCs with some gifted crosses I grew in '15 and '16. Turns out that the PCK (Ace) x Lebanese (RSC) was about 1:1 THC:CBD, the other Lebanese and Sinai crosses were pure THC.

Very interesting about the pure THC Lebanese Sinai crosses, when did they start to flower?

Latest posts

Latest posts