What's new

Info on The Real Seed Company?

CannaZen

Water some but not too much?

How long can they be without water exactly?

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
Ha ha I don't know about purposely not watering them. I'd forget to water the plant and it didn't mind as much as other plants. And it was hard to tell at a glance it was thirsty.
If you're going to stress test to see how drought tolerant it is I'd recommend during flowering. That was when I was letting it go thirsty. This is non-scientific but I believe flowering plants do much better without water then vegetative plants.
Another factor is the small thin leaves of the Sinai. Compared to the big wide leaves on most of my other plants the transpiration is much slower. These Middle Eastern Hashplants don't get as big or grow as fast which means a lot less water and nutrients.

CannaZen

Lebanese Sept 08

Sept 13, Day 24 of flowering.

picture.php

It was 39° with wet rain water last night. Purple calyx stripes and faint light of pink pistils, definite flavonoid coloration of the leaves from the upper branches. Curious how if she may weather the coming frost as a dry desert varietal so far so good.. Sweet Pine/fruit aroma, from dried leaves of the clones sampled produced deliciously sweet honey pine like you could make tea.

CannaZen

Sept 13 day 24 of flowering

Some of the flowers sampled produced vanilla/coffee raspberry notes nicely balanced not too strong.

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
The Sinai is starting to show some nice purple colors. Two nearby plants are plagued with powdery mildew. There's a zucchini plant covered in mildew with white mildew leaves almost touching the Sinai. Not a spot on her she's impervious.

Here's a couple pics of her. The latest one you can really see her new purple threads. To show the difference one of the pics was taken when she was bone dry, the other well watered. Can you guess which one?

picture.php

picture.php

The purple has come on fast, the second picture with less purp was four days ago.

therevverend

Veteran
I'm beginning to wonder at what point I can consider the Sinai done. I've found two little spots of dried up mold. Easily removed and not any real damage but the flowers are dense if airy. She still has lots of white hair clusters but the caylxes in them are swelling up. Lots of little resin glands all over them.

picture.php

The melon flavor has ripened into a tantalizing perfume type smell. Sweet with a medicine edge. I'm going to give her at least a few more days, maybe chop her before the next rain storm. The seeds aren't fully developed I'll be leaving those to finish.

My tip for future growers: give her root space to grow. So often I see people growing landrace strains in little tiny rootbound containers. It's almost comical seeing this long stretchy plant growing out of a little container.

It's easy to think a small scrawny looking narrow leaf type that may not need as much nutrients needs less space. I think the opposite is true plants love room to stretch their roots. If you're using a mix with a bit less nitrogen all the more reason to give her space. I'm wishing now I'd put her in an even bigger container she's obviously filled out the container she's in.

The fall colors are lovely. The white hair clusters look like little stars. The buds have really poofed out. The Mt Sinai top nug is impressive.

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Cool, I'm at 46N so this gives me hopes I can do it too. :)

Wasn't sure the Chitrali would ripen here.

I've only grown the Lebanese outdoors and they worked out nicely.

thejact55

I'm beginning to wonder at what point I can consider the Sinai done. I've found two little spots of dried up mold. Easily removed and not any real damage but the flowers are dense if airy. She still has lots of white hair clusters but the caylxes in them are swelling up. Lots of little resin glands all over them.

View Image

The melon flavor has ripened into a tantalizing perfume type smell. Sweet with a medicine edge. I'm going to give her at least a few more days, maybe chop her before the next rain storm. The seeds aren't fully developed I'll be leaving those to finish.

My tip for future growers: give her root space to grow. So often I see people growing landrace strains in little tiny rootbound containers. It's almost comical seeing this long stretchy plant growing out of a little container.

It's easy to think a small scrawny looking narrow leaf type that may not need as much nutrients needs less space. I think the opposite is true plants love room to stretch their roots. If you're using a mix with a bit less nitrogen all the more reason to give her space. I'm wishing now I'd put her in an even bigger container she's obviously filled out the container she's in.

The fall colors are lovely. The white hair clusters look like little stars. The buds have really poofed out. The Mt Sinai top nug is impressive.

View Image

im 48 N, inland washington... i think your around same latitude...give or take not much i think.
Ive run sinai outdoors a couple times. They started flowering in june each time. Let them go. I cut one in mid september my first one, i thought it was done...wrong. the second one i let go into october, much better. Second run, all early to mid october...mostly mid, and i felt that was proper.
I found the small crystals come on stronger late sept, early october. I side with let them go.

thejact55

Cool, I'm at 46N so this gives me hopes I can do it too. :)

Wasn't sure the Chitrali would ripen here.

I've only grown the Lebanese outdoors and they worked out nicely.

I had one finish, one not even close at 48n. One 4' tall. One 9' tall. With variations, at least for me, might not want to gamble with just one plant in this situation...or veg some, choose a stocky one before putting in your "jungle" :)

geneva_sativa

im 48 N, inland washington... i think your around same latitude...give or take not much i think.
Ive run sinai outdoors a couple times. They started flowering in june each time. Let them go. I cut one in mid september my first one, i thought it was done...wrong. the second one i let go into october, much better. Second run, all early to mid october...mostly mid, and i felt that was proper.
I found the small crystals come on stronger late sept, early october. I side with let them go.

being east of the mts can make a huge difference in ripening time, because of more hours of sun

Latest posts

Latest posts