What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I watched almost none of the week 17 games, just a bit of the titans-colts game on Sunday night, which when I heard Mariota wasn’t going to play I pretty much knew the colts would win; blaine gabbert is good enough to be a backup but not good enough to beat a playoff caliber team.

I thought the Vikings at home would have a chance to beat a bears team without anything to play for, especially since the rams were rolling the niners at the time. But ur right Hawk, kirk cousins didn’t play well, and you have to think the Vikings are sort of regretting their decision to give cousins 84M in guaranteed money to be their QB for the next 3 years (well, next 2 years now). But it’s his first year in a new offense, I don’t think any of the Vikings playcallers took advantage of this skills like jay gruden did in Washington, so maybe he’ll be better next year, especially if Dalvin cook can stay healthy.

Bears will host the red hot eagles next week, not sure if that’s a good thing, foles was money in the playoffs last year and has been playing really well lately. So we’ll see how it goes, eagles struggled most of the year but once wentz went down and foles took over it’s like déjà vu all over again. I hope the bears aren’t another obstacle on their way to another playoff run…

Packers got rolled by the lions at home 31-0, not the way Rodgers wanted to end the season but wasn’t much he could do, he left early in the game with a concussion. Supposedly the packers are interviewing pat fitzgerald (head coach at Northwestern university), josh mcdaniels (OC of the patriots), chuck pagano (former hc of the colts) and jim Caldwell (former HC of the colts and lions). Pagano and Caldwell don’t seem like upgrades to mccarthy, who they fired, but fitzgerald might be intriguing, he’s made northwestern a perennial bowl team and theyre ranked this year, if he can get the most out of players at the nfl level he could be a good hire. Mcdaniels is still considered a good offensive mind, but the way he screwed the colts last year (which turned out ok for the colts, theyre more than happy with frank reich) makes him a sketchy hire. I suppose it would be ok if you get him to actually sign a contract instead of just trusting his word that he’ll accept your offer after the patriots are done with the playoffs.

I think saquon would get some consideration for Offensive Rookie of the year, Bungle, but ur right, Mayfield will probably win it. More important than any awards though is the fact that Mayfield looks like a legit franchise QB for the browns for the next 10-12 years. Instead of having one good year from someone like derek Anderson and brian hoyer, they get a true #1 guy, someone who has the talent to be a top 5 QB in this league. My only concern is that he seems a little bit of a primadonna, with his ‘look at me’ antics, but maybe that’s just his competitiveness getting the best of him.

Im down for an icmag fantasy league, Horse, maybe not for baseball but definitely for football.

We got wild card playoffs this weekend, boys, with colts at Texans and seahawks at cowboys on Saturday, and then chargers at ravens and eagles at bears on Sunday. Bears are favored by 6pts, which seems high to me. Eagles secondary seems to be have settled in after losing most of their starters to injury, their D is good enough to make things tough for trubisky and company.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happy new year guys!
i hope you all had a great time
so the playoff picture is all set, looks like a good group of games this weekend
chargers ravens is going to be hot hot hot!
they have a young qb who is playing like his hair is on fire and so far no one seems to be ablt to figure out how to stop the run game
the chargers have one of the top defenses in the league and should be able to match up well with their explosiveness and speed
but this kid l.jackson is on a roll, kind of reminds me of the year the panthers went to the dance (led by c.newton)
im leaning towards the chargers in this one
the defense and philip rivers passing attack is where its at, plus if lamar jackson isnt able to play his run/ option game i wonder if he can sling the ball with the big boys?
bears/eagles is the game im most interested in
bears defense, nuf said
as long as trub dosent make a lot of stupid plays i think he can hold down the fort and let the wrecking crew do its thing

we saw a lot of good rookies come out this year but overall im leaning towards mayfield as the offensive roty, derwin james defensive roty
the browns are back and could be for real, led by mayfield
they came so close to beating the ravens and i think are set to move up
/they are playing a lot better as the season progressed plus have a lot of young tallent
barkley played like a stud, but i dont think it was enough to move the dial in ny
/rumor has it eli might not be back in ny next season, but i wont believe it until i see it
this is what we have been waiting for guys and i like the way the playoff picture looks so far

welcome to the newest member of the group, horsemouth
there are some fantasy veterans here and maybe next season we could set something up
how did you do in your leagues this year?
who do you like going into the playoffs
hope to see you around and enjoy the games

shithawk420

Veteran
I don't think Foles is playing and we have home field advantage.i think the bears will have more than a 6pt lead.we will see.

Happy new year guys.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Foles left their last game with a rib injury but has already been cleared for the wild card game against the bears. It's the playoffs, you figure unless something's broke or torn that he'll be playing.

He's been on a hot streak last 2 games (team record # of passing yards in week 16, tied completion record with 25 straight week 17) so hopefully the bears will slow him down, it will help if eddie jackson comes back at safety for the bears.

Hi Pop and Hawk, hope your New year's went well. We're in 2019 already, can you believe it? What a time to be alive...
We got chargers-ravens and bears-eagles on Sunday, does that mean we dont have to watch any Sat games? Lol.

Ravens held the bolts in check a couple weeks ago but maybe the COC's can make it harder for them this time. If Keenan is healthy rivers should be able to have more success passing, think he had less than 200yds last time.

But ur right, that ravens run game is legit, and lamar, even when he drops back to pass, is capable of tucking it and scrambling for 10+ yards like it's easy. With that run game and lamar picking up 1st downs and holding the ball, doesnt give much opportunity for the chargers offense to get into a rhythm.

Saquon had 2000yds from scrimmage, which i think has only been done a few times by a rookie, but yeah,mayfield breaking the record for td passes by a rookie but only starting 13 games is big. I like derwin for Def ROY, he made the pro bowl also, but i think darius leonard of the colts had a better season, led the league in tackles, had like 7 sacks and 4 forced fumbles. I'd vote for derwin if he kept up his sack numbers, think he had like 3 the first month of the season, thought he had a chance for 10 if they kept blitzing him (would be a record for DB's) but i think he only finished the year with 3 or 4. Still, he's a stud at safety, i bet the raiders regret passing on him for a LT who led the league in pressures given up.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
its a tough call for who was the best rookie this year on both sides of the ball
you are right baba, barkley is playing like hes legit
he has size; he is really fast and light on his feet too and i like the way he runs
but i the browns were in a kind of slow burn where they had only won like a handful of games in the past two seasons...
/enter the young gunslinger
mayfield is putting up points
im actually excited for the browns next season and hope they can pick up next season where they left off
its a tough call, you have two youngsters who had great rookie campaigns
you are right that james kind of fell of at the end of the season but i think he established himself as one of the top safetys in the league
he stood out among a stacked defense and i only hope lynn uses him more in the furture
/assign him to cover miller
you know were watching football this saturday,baba
we have two good games there and i will def be interested in the outcomes
colts are building momentum and i also like the way the c'boys look; but the rams are playing the highest seeded team that moves on so it will be the bears or the eagles
if i had to choose i would like the cowboys to beat the seahawks and then playing the saints because they have beaten them in the regular season but the playoffs are a totally different picture
raider nation is in shambles and im sure they have a lot of regrets about how this whole season played out, starting with bringing gruden back from the dead
its only been one season so its still to early to say, but his first year back as a coach wasnt so good
btw, f-spanos

i cant believe that another year has gone by either and hope 2019 is a fun and prosperous year for us all
how was your new years eve baba?
did you do anything?
me and the mrs had this great night planned out, just the two of us and some fun foods; then the phone starts to ring
first the kids plans fell through and they decide to stay in and a friend calls saying his party was canceled so before you know it we are hosting
it was fun but i just wanted to spend a nice night in with the ol'lady and a couple nice joints
how about you hawk, did you do much?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I did my usual routine on NYE, Pop, got drunk by 830, fell asleep by 1030. Lol, yep, living the dream. Damn i miss weed, im going to have to dig out my stash but the old lady watches me like a hawk, dont know how im going to make oil out of it without some time to myself (have to grind it up and decarb it in the oven to make it nice and potent, so it's going to smell a bit).

Sorry that you had to host a bunch of kids that night instead of getting to chillax, hope it didnt get too crazy with the youngsters...

I thought about a month ago the raiders were well and truly screwed, but they actually won a couple games at the end, proving that theyre not hopeless, although also ruining their chances at the #1 overall pick. Gruden hoodwinking Mark Davis into a 10 year, 100M contract may be one of the great heists in NFL history, but it’s only been 1 year into his tenure, there’s still a chance this isn’t a total con job.
Raiders also hired an espn draft analyst, mike mayock, as their new gm. Like all draft 'experts', he gets a lot of picks wrong, but the draft, like college recruiting, is often a crapshoot. You just dont know if the player will be able to better their game, enough to be a success at the next level. So we'll see if mayock is able to make some good draft picks for the raiders. Im somewhat skeptical, but ive been wrong before.

I wouldn’t say im excited for the browns because, lets be real, who the eff cares about Cleveland? Even lebron left Cleveland (twice) and he grew up around there.
But it is nice for the fans that that franchise is actually respectable again, and it might be cool to see them being a good or even great team again, not since the 80’s and the bernie kosar days could you say that. Plus it might be fun to see what antics baker gets into, grabbing his crotch, staring people down, maybe he'll actually moon someone during a game.

[FONT=&quot]I’ll try to watch all the playoff games tomorrow although I don’t really have a dog in the fight, I just hope theyre some good, competitive games. Although i do think the hawks could beat the saints like the cowboys did, hawks D is legit and they have a better QB than dallas. Not sure im excited about texans-colts #3, but u have luck, watson, hopkins playing, jj watt, darius leonard, should be fun.
[/FONT]

iTarzan

I like the slate of games for wild card weekend. They all seem difficult to make a case that one team is superior to the other and will definitely win. The talking heads and Vegas have identified the Bears as the most likely to win. I disagree with that. The Eagles are my lock of the week. I think it will be hard for the Bears to score on the Eagles defense. The Bears defense could rise and do some scoring to turn the tide and win the game. Turbinsky will be getting pressure from the Eagles and I can't see him having a good game at all.

I like the Colts chances too. Luck is 12-1 against top 5 scoring defenses and that includes the playoffs. He averages 310 yards in those games with 28 TDs and 8 INTs. The Colts have their top 5 starting OL back for the first time since early November. There was always one starter or 2 missing. If the Colts beat Texas (a difficult task) I will predict it right now... Kansas City will be one and done at home and the Colts will be on their way to LAC, Ravens or Patriots. I hope it is the Patriots.

The Colts had two rookies make first team all pro. Nelson at LG and Leonard at LB. It is the first time since 1965 for that 2 happen. The Chicago Bears had Butkus and Sayers make it. Ballard had a very good draft this year. The future is bright for Indy. The present is bright too.

The Colts match up well against the Chiefs. They have a much better D and Luck can score with anybody and certainly against the KC defense. Plus Andy Reid will give up a gift time management blunder at some crucial point in the game.

The Cowboys have a better D and the have Elliot. I think that and home field advantage lets them win this game against Seattle.

I watched the last game between the Ravens and the Chargers and I don't see what can change to keep the Ravens from beating the Chargers.

There are my picks. Eagles, Colts, Cowboys and Ravens.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas'
sounds like im not the only one ready for football!
this weekend has some great games and i cant wait for the action to begin

man thats going way beack, baba'
i remember kosar and the browns of old
lets not forget kevin "the truck" mac, those were the days for browns fans
dident they have a small rb back in the day too, eric metcalf
i see them as a team on the rise and wouldent be too surprised if they turn things around here in the next couple years
of course im just speculating, but i see them on the right track
im not that excited about saturdays games either
for me the big games are this sunday with the bears/eagles and chargers/ ravens
the raiders sure did pull a couple rabbits out of the hat late in the season, but i dont think they are on a good path
gruden seems to be toxic and there are a whole lot of holes on that roster so we will see who he lands via the draft /free agency
we made the best of nye and still had fun
im not a big party kind of guy anymore, but i like to spend time with the lady
maybe next year i will plan something out for just the two of us
we are going to be grilling tomorrow
i ahve the chicken seasoning right now and am going to make a big bowl of chicken salad
i think i will just wrap mine in a tortilla with some veggies but i also like to just snack on it with saltine crackers
im also going to get one of those big french bread loafs and make a giant sandwich
/i have roast beef so i can just add some peppers and onions with cheese and that should keep me going for most of the day
we are on this home popped pop corn kick right now too so you know im going to make a big pot of that too
anything we dont eat i just toss in the back yard and the chickens love it
what are some of your favorite game time snacks, my man?

those are some spicy takes itarzan!
i can feel you on the eagles, they started off the season kind of slow but have picked up some good momentum late in the season
but the bears are on a roll and im going to go with them taking this one
/the only three teams to beat the rams are the saints, bears and eagles so its going to be a tough road no matter who they play
it looks like luck is back and im sure having his starting o'line in front of him is going to be a big boost; im also digging on how their defense is playing so im going with them over the texans
/baba presented a good case as to while d.leonard should win defensive roty earlier
enjoy the games man!

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Fanduel Playoff time

QB
M. Trubisky
PHI
@
CHI
$7,700
Ezekiel Elliott
RB
E. Elliott
SEA
@
DAL
$8,800
Chris Carson
RB
C. Carson
SEA
@
DAL
$7,500
Amari Cooper
WR
A. Cooper
SEA
@
DAL
$6,700
Nelson Agholor
WR
N. Agholor
PHI
@
CHI
$6,400
Allen Robinson II
WR
A. Robinson II
PHI
@
CHI
$6,500
Trey Burton
TE
T. Burton
PHI
@
CHI
$6,200
Lamar Miller
FLEX
L. Miller
IND
@
HOU
$6,400
Indianapolis Colts
DEF
Colts
IND
@
HOU
$3,700

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey Storm, how is it playing daily fantasy? You up or down for the season? Never got into it myself...

Well, just saw the colts beat the texans 21-7, colts went up 21-0 in the first half, and held on for a 21-7 win. I think deandre hopkins got hurt early on and didnt have a good game, deshaun watson was hit all game and struggled to get the ball to his receivers, and luck and marlon mack were excellent. Impressive performance all around, especially by the D.
So KC plays the lowest seed that advances and Indy was the #6 seed so it's chiefs vs colts next saturday. Mahomes is really really good, and has a better offense than Houston, so im not sure KC will be one and done, but youre right Tarzan, you have to figure Reid will mismanage the clock or his timeouts in a close game.

Pop, I'm a simple man, when it comes to football i just want pizza and potato chips and im happy, although my heart and my sodium levels might not be. :biggrin: Even shitty frozen pizza will do, as long as it's got bread, sauce and cheese with some toppings im good.

Sounds like youve got this weekend's menu planned out well: giant roast beef sandwich? Yes please! Chicken salad in a tortilla. Hmm... you ever put spaghetti in a tortilla? Tried that the other day, actually wasnt bad. I think you can put most anything in a tortilla and it will be ok. Just think of the tortilla as a food delivery vehicle.

Dallas has 2 good young LB's in Vanderesch and jaylon smith, but seattle has 2 good veterans in bobby wagner and kj wright. Zeke Elliott is elite, but seattle has 3 very good runners in chris carson, mike davis and rashaad penny. So imo the teams are evenly matched there but the hawks have russell wilson and the cowboys have dak, who's capable of big games but also can be shut down. Not sure who wins, dallas has home field, but im looking forward to a close game.

iTarzan

Watson isn't a very accurate passer and Dessir had Hopkins covered like a blanket. The Colts had them shut out for 3 quarters. It took numerous 4th down attempts and a very fortunate call on the TD to break the shutout. The Texans are a division winner and the Cowboys are a division winner who were also shutout by the colts in week 15. That is pretty darn impressive for a young defense. They almost shutout the state of Texas the past few games.

The Colts are still alive and heading to Kansas City. It is the early game again on Saturday. The Colts are 6 point underdogs. I thought it would be more. I can't believe the Colts are in the second round. WOOHOO!

The Colts are 121 million under the cap and have 9 picks in the upcoming draft including the Jets 2nd round pick which is the 3rd pick of the second round. I have a feeling there will be many more Indy vs K.C. playoff games in the years to come.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
colts/kc is going to be a great game
luck is back and making all the throws
/its fun watching him play, he can put the ball anywhere he wants and seems to have a defense read right away
this will be a tough one for the chiefs because the colts defense is playing like an elite group
the colts are a super young team too, like itarzan said and should only get better from here
what areas would you add to itarzan?
you seem to have a good group on both sides of the ball

im all about pizza too baba
like you said man, bread sauce and cheese cant go wrong
what are your favortie toppings? if you could only go one topping what would it be?
i would usually get a sausage pizza but the other day got a one topping olive pizza and it was really good
/bread,sauce, cheese and salty!
the mrs like onion
im a big fan of chips too and would eat the with every meal if i could
there is this place called chicken charlies that has a spagetti buritto
it started out as one of those fair booths but the guy opened his own resturant here in san diego
next time i make some noodles i should try it out
totally man, the buritto is only the trasportation for what ever you want to roll up and we bpth know anything delivered in a tortilla is coming in first class
cant wait for the games to begin
chargers ravens is a great way to start today, but the main course for will be the bears/ eagles

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Damn you guys are making me hungry.

I buy ingredients make my own pizza's at home.

Cheaper and better than any pizza joint near me.

Ravens and Bears should advance today.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hear you hyf, homemade pizza is the best
where do you get your dough from?
a local place will sell you a big ball of dough, but i got the mrs a bead maker the otehr year so we make our own at home
you are so right, nothing beats fresh but its fun to have take out too
maybe we are just lucky because we have a couple good places close by
enjoy the games man!

Last edited:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
i hear you hyf, homemade pizza is the best
where do you get your dough from?
a local place will sell you a big ball of dough, but i got the mrs a bead maker the otehr year so we make our own at home
you are so right, nothing beats fresh but its fun to have take out too
maybe we are just lucky because we have a couple good places close by
enjoy the games man!

Yeah unlucky for us to say the least as far as ordering pizza.

Sizeable bakery less than 1 minute away.
Starting at 2 am every morning they are making dough.
Real easy to stop in and grab some.

Flacco time???

iTarzan

The Colts could use a pass rusher and a big WR. And they can always use another DB or LD like most teams.

Evidently I was wrong and the Chargers did make some adjustments and look like the better team right now. Even the better defensive team too.

The media exaggerated the abilities of both Watson and jackson. They are young QBs with not enough experience and not very accurate when in the pocket. And fumblers. That is bad.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Wow, A+ performance by the Chargers. Although jackson had a couple td's at the end once the ravens went hurry up, up till then the chargers D-line was looking like the 85 bears, not giving jackson any time to throw, not giving him any running lanes. If they keep that up they can beat anyone.

Chargers were able to move the ball on offense but only managed to punch it in the end zone once, but that was enough.

Im a pepperoni guy, im happy with that. Sausage at some places tends to be too processed for my taste, yknow?
I used to make my own pizza dough, years ago. Is it just easier to buy dough? I guess making your own bread and dough requires time (for proofing), a lot of counter space for kneading, and a lot of work (kneading)....

shithawk420

Veteran
The heck you talking about Baba?I'm a pepperoni guy too but Chicago has great italian sausage.hell we have the best Italian beef sandwiches in the world.

This Bears game is driving me crazy.its 4th quarter now

shithawk420

Veteran
Holy fuck am I PISSED!you can't call a time out AFTER the hike like that! What a dirty bitch ass move and I hope Philly rots in hell.fuck Parkey too.fuck I'm pissed

Latest posts

Latest posts