What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

shithawk420

Veteran
Was getting a little nervous with the bears game.san Fran put up a decent fight.ended up getting my computer out and hooked it up to the TV for the 12 o clock game cause for some reason fox didn't have a game on.IDK why.watched the falcons beat the panthers.that was a good game.hate to admit it but packers made a good comeback.

Oh by the way.my dad just told me Cohen can bench 400lbs.at 5,6 he's a fucking beast if that's true.i don't think that's natty.im 5,6 and my max bench was 250lbs

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, the niners have been playing better lately, they beat the broncos and the steelers recently. That nick mullens guy is a pretty decent qb, they might trade him this offseason since theyll get garappolo back next year.

All of the shorter nfl players look like little bodybuilders, im not too surprised at tarik's strength, having short arms helps with a bench press also.

I think in the nfl players are only tested once training camp starts and during the season (10 players per team per week are tested during the season, each player can only be tested 6x max during the season). Also the hgh (human growth hormone) test the league uses only detects hgh use within 1-2 days.

So unless you're in the nfl drug offender program (for previous positive tests or getting caught with cannabis) then you can pretty much juice throughout the offseason and maybe use hgh during the season if you're smart and slick about it.

Every high level pro athlete is an exceptional natural athlete, think of the best athlete you knew in high school and realize that (probably) that person never sniffed a pro league. Maybe these guys are natural, and maybe theyre juicing, but you'll never get the truth one way or another, it's like asking a guy if he's cheating on his wife. You could catch him in bed with a naked woman and he'll be like "the bitch fell from the ceiling!".

shithawk420

Veteran
LMAO! I didn't mean to accuse anyone but yeah, everything you said Baba.its possible he's Natty.AND he catches 2 footballs with a back flip.either way he's a great athlete.happy holiday guys!

Oh,by the way.khalil Mack is the 4 highest paid player with a contract of 141 million.DAMN! Not bad for a non QB!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hope everyone had a happy holiday. Did a bunch of cooking yesterday, didn't turn out so well, everything turned out kind of dry and tasteless, maybe next time i wont drink so much while cooking. :biggrin:

Yeah Hawk, elite pass rushers are probably the highest paid defensive players and have been for some time, with elite cornerbacks second among defensive players.

This week is the final week of the regular season, no games on thurs, sat or even monday. So that might be nice, have every game on sunday.

Raiders beat the broncos on christmas eve, further ruining their draft position. Broncos lost phillip lindsay to a wrist injury during the game, and have looked crappy on offense since losing emmanuel sanders to a torn achilles in practice a few weeks ago.

We still have two final playoff spots open, it's between the vikings and the eagles in the nfc and colts-titans in the afc. That colts titans game is on sunday night football, should be a good one. And in the seeding there is still a lot to play for, both the chiefs and the patriots need to win to ensure 1st rd byes. Saints have the #1 seed locked up but rams need to win or a bears loss to keep their #2 seed.

Space Toker

Veteran
Ah the Patriots will have their most unlikely Superbowl win ever, getting the 1 seed with 5 losses & winning it all! Go Patriots!!!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
That's the thing with New England: brady hasnt had that good of a season, coming off an mvp season last year. He's got 25tds and 11ints so far, 65% completion percentage, as far as qb ranks go he's between #10-12 statistically (along with aaron rodgers).

And yet the patriots have still won 10 games, and will probably win 11 since they face the jets this weekend. Theyve had some inexplicable losses (lost by double digits to the lions and titans, lost to the dolphins on that last second double lateral, scored only 10pts against the steelers) and yet they're still #2 in the conference.

Theyve been grinding out wins leaning on their run game and defense. Edelman is their only plus receiver, gronk has been average at best outside of a few games.
But with their experience, would anyone be surprised if they made another run to the conf championship or super bowl? Theyve set the standard so high for themselves that this season seemed like a let down in some respects, but i think theyre as dangerous as any team in the playoffs, because they dont beat themselves or screw up in critical situations (well, except for the Fins game).

I dont want to see the patriots in the superbowl, but the chargers have a history of beating themselves (theyve been better this year tho), the chiefs give up too many pts on defense, the colts are owned by belichick and brady, theres not one team in the conf that NE couldnt beat handily...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas'
i hope every one had a great holiday and are gearing up for new years eve
christmas was fun and i spent the last five days nicely toasted and plenty liquored up
i even got into the habit of taking a nap to recharge for the second half of the day
the food was good
we traditionally have duck and then a bunch of finger foods and stuff like that
we also made a ham but were caught off guard when a bunch of my buddies stopped by
i tihnk im going to take point this weekend for new years even and make a bunch of crock pot stuff on sunday and early monday
that sucks about the food drying out but im sure it was still grindin'
/this would have been a perfect time to break out the squeeze bottle of gravy, baba
we also went for a walk in these neighborhoods not far from the house called christmas card lane and they go all out for the holidays
all the houses are lit up, people selling or giving stuff away in their driveways and huge crowds
it was nice but i dont like the crowds, seriously,it was like freaking disney land

looks like we are down to the last week of the season and there are a couple meaningful games left to play
good run down on the action guys and i cant wait to see how the the sunday night game plays out
i think bell could be a fit in indy, he would definitely be a boost to the offense
i can also see him landing in oakland (or where ever they end up playing next season)
the raiders look like they are in total rebuild mode and might trade carr away at some point
that leaves them with nothing on offense; bell would at least give them something to build on
i guess that will be one of the thigns we will all be watching in the off season
any of you guys follow the college game
who are some of the top picks coming out this year?

damn hawk you must be a tank to bench 250#
i used to lift heavy and could max out around 250#, but that was when i lifted all the time
like baba said, the guys you see in the nfl are the best of the best
the area i grew up in in know for its prep football and has put out some top tier athletes
only two of the guys ive know have made it all the way to the show
(m.pittman and r.williams)

one more day to go for those of us working this week and then its another long weekend of fun!
i cant believe that another year is about to be gone
i hope you all have a very happy and very safe new year

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
You made duck for christmas? Ive seen them for sale in stores but never considered buying one, they seem hard to cook, like really greasy and with much thicker skins than chicken, although i do enjoy duck in chinese restaurants that serve it.

It's funny seeing houses with a ton of christmas decorations outside, we have one like that nearby that you could probably see from space when it's lit up, i always think it must have taken the homeowner weeks of work to set all that up nice and perfect, plus the electricity bill must be huge.

Like, too much trouble for me...

Oakland will have about 78M in cap space if they dont release carr next year, so plenty enough to sign leveon if they want, assuming they dont want to stick with an injured and aging marshawn lynch again. They fired their gm, reggie mckenzie, a few weeks ago so gruden is firmly in control of that franchise, for better or for worse.

Fwiw, theyve won 2 out of their past 3 games, and carr has been playing better the last half of the season. I could see them sticking with carr, his cap hits are only 21-22M the next 3 years, pretty cheap for a franchise QB, but youre right Pop, they could release him too, the cap hit if they waive him is only 7.5M next year and it goes down 2.5M for each year after that.

Or they could go with a college qb. Justin herbert from oregon stated recently he's staying in school, but the qb from Ohio state, drew locke from Missouri, will grier from west virginia, all could be potential franchise qb's if they come out. Tua tagovoiloa (sp?) from Alabama is better than all of them but he's not draft eligible till 2020, so next year you'll see all the tanking teams vie for the #1 overall pick.

CA has a ton of professional athletes come from there just because it's such a populous state.

I think maybe it's easy to miss the marginal professional athletes that come from your area, you know, the guys who make it to 'the show' (big leagues) for a 'cup of coffee'. In the nfl that would be the guys who bounce around from practice squad to practice squad, team to team, if theyre lucky maybe theyll dress for a game or two but never play but at least they get a game check. Those guys the average fan never hears of but that's still better than what 99% of college athletes accomplish professionally.

shithawk420

Veteran
Duck is hard to cook for the fact of all that grease.i haven't cooked it right yet.ancient Peking Chinese secret! Lol roasted a turkey with Ms dash in a portable raoster.it was ok

As far as benching 250 well I've trained in martial arts and been building since I was 12.my dad was in prison for 17 years for pot and benched 375 or so he claims.anyway we used to work out.hes 5,11though.i just find it nuts for anyone my size to bench 400.fuck I can't wait till Sunday! Oh but there's games tomorrow to right!?

MrBungle

I recently started doing 2 sets of 10 with 180.... flat bench.. I do lighter sets with incline and decline first to get the burn going.. then some slow and steady at 180... feels good.. Go Browns!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Sounds like we got some workout warriors on this thread, lol. I used to be one myself, exercised 3-4x a week, did weights and cardio, even tried eating clean for a bit. But once i hooked up with the woman, she never liked working out, and over the years it just went away. Sigh. But now im starting to get that tire around the middle, which is no bueno for men of a certain age, so i have to get back into it. It's so much easier just sitting back reading or watching tv instead of working up a sweat, but i do miss that endorphin rush you get with a good workout.

I think some people into powerlifting can bench more than twice their body weight. And as an nfl player, tarik's job is basically working out (well, part of it is at least).

I havent found anything saying he could bench 400lbs though, at least on the internet. Is there an instagram video of it somewhere? I say pics or video or it didnt happen.

Tarik did do 11 reps of 225lbs at the combine, which seems kind of low for a running back but considering he's half a foot shorter and 40lbs lighter than most other rb's that's probably pretty good for his size.

Tarik's game isnt really based on power anyway, more on speed and quickness. If anything, he'd be more proud to post a really good 40 time than how much his max bench is, but i could very well be wrong.

shithawk420

Veteran
That's not bad mr.B.i think the Browns will be pretty good next year also.however I think next year will really be the year of the Bears! I wouldn't mind the Browns vs the Bears that would be fun!

shithawk420

Veteran
Well I don't see it either but that's what my dad said.he gets the Chicago paper every day but he has been known to embelish.lol

Ok my dad said he heard that from the Score.so I guess it's anicdotal.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we finally made it to the long weekend guys!
no more work till next year!
i hope you all have a very festive and fun new year

i think fitness is important to keeping a good balance
i like to drink and smoke so i need to keep the blood moving from time to time
when i was younger i would lift more for size and bragging rights, not i dont really do much lifting anymore
keep up the great work guys!
i think the record for the nfl combine is something like 40-some reps @225# but its all linemen
typically rb's can get into the 20's
/the position is more about the 40y times and cone drills
//just looked it up and the rb record is 32 reps

i agree with hawk that the brown are a team on the rise
it will be fun to watch them play next season
chicago is my team to beat in the post season
they have a ton of momentum and will only get better as trubinsky continues to develope
cant wait for the bears/ vikings game this weekend

we get our duck from a chineese market, baba
you have to order them in advance and they cost a grip
im with you man; im not a big duck fan
its too fatty and kind of a gamey taste to the meat
but the mrs and kids love em so whatevers
its going to be an interesting off season for sure and i will be following bells trajectory
hey man, im with you and not really hitting the gym much anymore
i still get my cardio in but dont really hit the weights much
im a big fan of reading and you know pops spends all the time he can on the couch
its going to be a fun weekend of football and i will be following a couple games
chiefs could secure top seed this weekend and the colts/titans are still playing to secure a spot at the dance
i think bears vikings is important too and of course i would like to see the rams win to maintain some momentum
/looks like gurley isnt going to play

hope you all have a great new year and enjoy the games!

shithawk420

Veteran
Well said pops! Honestly think the Saints will take the the SB but I'm looking forward to the bears and Vikings tommorow.that will be a fight!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Browns are already pretty good now imo, theyve had a winning record since firing Hue and are now 7-7-1. They're out of the playoffs race but have a chance to keep the ravens out of the playoffs with a win tomorrow. It'll be two Heisman winning rookie qb's going head to head.

I remember when olin kreutz (center for the bears a decade ago) was proud of being able to bench 500 naturally, then again he was 100lbs bigger than tarik. Still, james harrison posts tons of instagram videos of him lifting massive amounts of weight, you'd think tarik or a teammate would do the same if it's that impressive, but maybe he's not that into social media. Plus i'd imagine you'd get a bunch of people shouting "roids" in the comments, yknow how negative social media can be, lol.

Yeah, i think as you get older it's more important to keep your largest muscle, the heart, in shape than having big muscles everywhere else. But resistance training is good too, keep your body and bones strong, so long as youre not stressing out your joints too much.

Saquon barkley did 30 reps of 225# at the combine, which is what most linemen are capable of, he was truly an athletic freak: strong as a lineman, fast as a receiver, etc

I think chicago's D will always give them a chance in every game, the offense is a bit of a weak spot, they only scored 14pts against the 49ers last week, and trubisky can be shut down by a good defense. Still, maybe Nagy has a trick or two up his sleeve for the playoffs.

I'd agree with Hawk, i think the saints, with home field advantage, have the inside track to the superbowl. But we'll see, theyll have to beat 2 good teams to get there.

A lot of playoff seeding and bye weeks are still up in the air, only the saints have their seed locked up. So most teams should still be trying hard tomorrow, although some teams may relax in the 2nd half depending on what the scores in other games are: i think the bears, if they see the rams up big at halftime, will pull their starters for the 2nd half if they think the rams will coast to a win, since they need a rams loss to overtake them in the standings.

Today we have the college football playoff seminfinals, first ND-Clemson and then AL-OK. I hardly watch college football but who else is watching these games with me? :biggrin:

shithawk420

Veteran
According to the word on the street the bears are going to lose tommorow.still gonna be a fun day if they lose.saw a little bit of college football but I can't keep up with it.lions at Packers for the 12 game will probably be good

HorseMouth

Ive said it before and Ill say it again.

We need an ICMAG fantasy sports leagues.

Run it through Yahoo or Espn, we elect a commissioner here, he/she does the invites by email.

When this goes down im in for Baseball and football.

Peace

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm fucking pissed even listening to my dad or anyone else.i was fucking right about every other game except the Giants broncos I guess.holy fuck there was some hallava plays today! Fucking Supermen plays guys! Oh and too badd about hurt,oh I mean Curt cousins.i didn't want mention it before but my dad went to school with Mike Zimmer in Lockport

MrBungle

I feel like the NFL wanted the ravens in the playoffs and not the steelers, cause there were some really horrible calls in yesterday's Browns/ravens game going in Baltimore's favor....

Atleast Baker should have locked up ROY with 27 passing TDs in 13 games....